Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-02-2007, 01:17 PM   #1  
Heather

S/C/G: 254/249/170

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm new and ready

Hi Everyone!

My name is Heather and I'm new here. I saw this forum and it made me very motivated and encouraged. So many of you have had such great success and I hope I can learn from all of you.

I am at my absolute heaviest right now 254lbs I'm turning 30 soon and I'm starting to be concerned about my health and I get so scared when I read about heart disease, diabetes, and all the other problems that are associated with inceased weight.

I'm gonna need alot of support and encouragement and I hope I can find it here!!
Heather804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:31 PM   #2  
NikkiGurl

S/C/G: 307/ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hey girl, welcome! This site is great..I love the before and after pics that everyone posts on here, and that in itself is motivation, so I see what you mean. I was amazed when i dug up some pics of me at my heaviest and now, although I still have a ways to go. Good luck on your journey!! You can do it!
NikkiGurl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:37 PM   #3  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

Hello!
I know what you mean about being concerned about the health-side of weight, I have many relatives with diabetes and my uncle, who is 41, had a heart attack yesterday (he is skinny as anything, but he is unhealthy, VERY unhealthy)
Needless to say, such things do scare you a bit!
Good luck on your journey!
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/228/170

Height: 5'6"

Hello. My name is Katie. I'm also new here. I stumbled upon this site when I was looking for recipes for the Fat Smash diet. I started 3 days ago, and so far so good.
good luck to you!
bluehippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:53 PM   #5  
Heather

S/C/G: 254/249/170

Height: 5'5"

wow you guys are so nice! Thanks for the encouragement!! I have a feeling that this time it is the real deal.

Jadebaby- I hope your uncle is doing well. . . Both my mom's and dad's families have hypertension and my paternal grandmother had diabetes and heart issues. So besided wanting to look and feel better, I want to be healthy.
Heather804 is offline   Reply With Quote