Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-02-2007, 08:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Default Hello, losing 25-30 lbs AGAIN

Hi, Just found this site and I could use some support and way of monitoring a new diet. I'm so upset with myself. I had a baby three years ago and I worked so hard two years ago to lose the weight, I was down to a size 8-10 and I'm 5'9 so I felt really good. I walked, did exercise dvd's and the South Beach diet. Unfortunately and I don't know how on earth - I put back on 25 of the pounds in a year! I wasn't really exercising and I sat around this winter a little depressed, so I ate pizza, chips and garbage. I travel for business and I eat out way too much.

So in the past three weeks I started cutting back and exercising again. I'm sore which tells you I wasn't working out. I'm trying to do at least 30 min of cardio a day, and up to an hour if I can. And weights too, I like weight lifting actually and I've been doing the 21 minute book every other night. I've dusted off the exercise dvd's and bought a few new ones that came out in the last year. I'm a member of the ymca but mostly prefer working out at home. Mornings make me puke - I don't know why but I have no energy in the am's so I'm trying to walk sometime in the day and do my exercising in the evenings.

Back to salads and protein. The past three weeks I only lost three pounds as I was still eating some carbs and eating out too much. But it's a start. I'd like to lose 2 lbs a week for the next few months although with weight training it'll be a little harder. I just bought the Abs Diet for Women book, I'd read the other one and tried some recipes. It seems easy for busy people but I don't think there'd be as much weight loss as the South Beach diet. Has anyone else tried this diet? I like the smoothies and some recipes are so easy, I'm busy. Or at least I think I am. Actually I dont' like cooking much so it has to be quick and easy or I won't do it.

Hello, everyone. I hope this is a fun challenge exercising and losing weight - this time around I won't gain it back!
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Default Weight scale

horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:38 PM   #3  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

welcome!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote