Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-12-2007, 05:23 PM   #1  
Ravenclaw Prefect

Arrow Hello! New member looking to finally take control.

Hello everyone!

My name is Des, I'm 18 years old and after a day of searching for a good weight loss community I think I finally found one. I have been overweight my entire life and have tried desperately (and failed) on many occasions to control my weight. Last August I finally couldn't take it anymore and after reaching 248 pounds decided I needed to get help.

I visited a nutricionist and got started on a diet and exercise plan. I have since lost 39 pounds, but since January I have lost and gained back a total of about 15 pounds and I'm really frustrated. I have not weighed less than 200 pounds since I was in middle school and although my long term goal is to get down to about 150 pounds my immediate goal is to finally get into the 100s.

This has been a really painful struggle for me and hopefully by joining this forum I will find the support I need to continue on my journey. I look forward to meeting all of you!

Thanks,

Des
DesDiamondS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #2  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

congrats on loosing the 39lbs!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #3  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

Yup.. I follow with a big congratulations on your weightloss. Keep going with it girly... you'll get loads of support around here I promise and soon... if you stick to it... you'll be going down to ONEderland!! And you'll LOVE IT!!
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #4  
Ravenclaw Prefect

Thank you very much for your kind words everyone!
Old 05-12-2007, 10:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Welcome, Des! Wow, you are really close to your immediate goal-- well done!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:08 PM   #6  
Ravenclaw Prefect

Thank you! Hopefully by the end of the month I will be in Onederland! Wish me luck!
Old 05-13-2007, 06:57 PM   #7  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome! It's great to hear that you've made a commitment to changing your life! Stick around here and you'll find tons of great support
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 06:57 PM   #8  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Hey its great to meetcha! I hope you find a lot of motivation on this site.
If you want, feel free to join us on the teen thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=103217&page=3

or there is also a college thread somewhere, if you want to jump into that group
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/156.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Des, I too was overweight most of my life. The first Weight Watchers meeting I attended, I was 13yrs old and in Gr 8. I am now 44 yrs old. It is a constant battle. I have been a lifetime member of WW for 15 years and just need to accept the fact that I must change the way I look at food and stop going on and off a diet. I know that it is a lifestyle change. It has taken me more than 30 years for it to finally "click" and realize that more food is not always better. Consider reading "Why French women aren't fat". It has helped me more than anything else in recent years. Enjoy the first few bites of what ever you are eating, but consider before you take more food, will it taste any better than those first few bites? Probably not, and there will be another great meal soon. Enjoy EVERY bite, but start to think of how you have felt in the past when you have eaten until you are uncomfortable. This is a very hard thing to learn, but it will begin to work and you will begin to feel better. Whatever program you are following, it will help. Take care and keep in touch. Sylvia from NS
Sylvia from NS is offline   Reply With Quote