Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-12-2007, 01:12 AM   #1  

Default hi i'm new and don't know where to start

hi! my name is margaret. i am 40 years old. i live in california. i'm a single (divorced) mother of 3 ages 20,18,15. I am frustrated beyond belief lately . i have sever asthma and over the last 10 years have gained around 40lb. i have actually gained more weight trying to lose weight. i have been off and on ww in the last 10years. i have decided to lose the weight by eating healthy and exercise. please recommend a support group you think would be good for me. THANK YOU
marg724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 01:21 AM   #2  

Hi Margaret,

First off, a big welcome to you!!!! Boy there are plenty of support places for you! There is a 40 something group, ooooodles of WW groups, and exercise groups too!!

Like you I am a repeat WW person. This time around I just bought the kit and I am doing it on my own with no meetings. This website is invaluable to me because there is just so much info on it about almost any diet!!!

Good luck to you! I hope you post again soon!

ibbasquish
ibbasquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:05 AM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Talking hi

welcome,
I am soon to be 39, and I understand what you are saying about gaining the weight. there are lots of great board here, I belong to the 100 lbs to loose group( or something to that effect), because I want to loose alot, there are lots of great places to be, just look around and post to the ones you like, and soon enough you will find a place for you.
I know how hard it is to eat well when you have kids, because they want junk food around the house. Haven't seen a board for mother's of young kids trying to lose weight, might be a good one, to suggest to the site manager. lol.
What is working for me is exercising for 35 minutes a day and eating less then I was eating( this does not mean starving , just not eating two servings of something). I expect the weight to come off slow,and that is what I want to happen, instead of a quick fix.
Good luck on your journey and I hope you keep on posting.
Cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:39 AM   #4  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

welcome!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote