Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-05-2007, 09:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/219/160 (current size: 16)

Height: 5'5"

Red face Re-focused!

Hi everyone,

I was on the site for a while last September, then stopped focusing on myself completely when I learned our daughter had Thyroid Cancer--scary stuff. The good news is she's doing great (only a 5% chance of recurrence) and I'm ready to focus on my weight loss goals again.

I'm a size 16 and my goal is to reduce my cholesterol from 240ish to below 200, eliminate the need for my low-dose but necessary blood pressure medication, and fit into what today is a size 10 (really, back in the day this would have been a 12 or 14--manufacturers love to reduce the sizes for us!)

I'm 44, a wife, mother, and granny to almost 5!! I recently purchased the You: On a Diet audiobook to listen too while commuting and will start this week. In the meantime, I am also going to follow phase one of the South Beach Diet.

Deborah
DeborahB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:02 AM   #2  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

Good luck with that and everything in your life. With a little commitment,patience and perseverence you can do anything!! Keep us updated!!
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:05 AM   #3  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome back Deborah! I'm glad to hear you're daughter's okay - that must have been so scary. Good luck getting back to your weight loss goals
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:53 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

We have forums for South Beach as well as many other approaches. Lots of folks like YOU: ON A DIET.

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote