Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #1  
keep pushing!

Default new and needing some hope!

hello all. i'm new to the site but not new to dieting and battling my weight. here's a little about me:

i'm 27 years old. i had a hysterectomy earlier this year for stage 4 endometriosis and i'm now on hormone replacement therapy. due to the huge amount of pain i've been in the last couple of years (and tons of stress) i have completely stopped exercising and started eating whatever i please. thanks to that sort of behavior i've put on 60 pounds. i'm not even sure what my goal weight should be i just picked the weight i was at last time i felt pretty healthy and thought i looked okay.

i've never been this far away from my goal weight and i've never been this heavy. it's actually pretty scary to me because my goal is so far away and so daunting.

on the bright side...i'm feeling better than ever and FINALLY have the energy to start taking care of myself. i've let myself go in more ways than my weight. my self esteem has plummeted. i've stopped caring about makeup and clothes or what my hair looks like. i've gone and become frumpy to suit my new body. i'm looking forward to working out starting tonight!!! and eating healthy foods and i'm REALLY looking forward to reaching my goal. i just need some support and i need to know that it CAN be done...at times i feel like i don't even want to bother.

thanks for any responses, stories or advice!
GoalQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:56 PM   #2  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up

Welcome, and I am glad you feeling better. I can only say that if you are determined to do it you will. I have tried and stopped over the years and now at 38 am more than 100 lbs over weight. I am exercising again and eating better. For me I don't believe in diets, I really think I need to eat less to lose weight, and at the same time make room for treats once in a while and realize this is a life change. Exercise is fun for me, but I usually get to a point, usually when I get my period I stop exercising for a week and never go back. I need to work on that. I hope your dreams come true and I believe if you stick with it you can do it. Just take it slow and don't expect miracles over night. It willtaketime. good luck .cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote