Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-23-2007, 12:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/240/145

Height: 5'6"

Default No energy! Too fat!

Yep that's me. I'm not quite at the heaviest I've ever been but tonight I feel like I am. So I got on here looking to find another solution than the one am I currently using. Hurray newbie! Anyway I am on the atkins diet but don't think I'll stay there. I've lost about 13 pounds since i started about 2 months ago but between work, no work, and no money, it's not going far. Takes money to buy meat all the time. I'm a tax preparer so for the past 4 months I've been busy busy busy. Now the season is over and it's back to 2 days a week. My loving partner (Keith) is in jail and has been since January 3rd, and i promised by the time he got out I would have some of this weight off. Not all (i don't know how long this will take!) but some and noticeable. My son is eight and starting to have bad eating habits and gain weight. It's always been in the family from way back. I don't want him to worry like I have my entire life. SO I have to start NOW!! Yesterday even! He can learn from me and together we will kick this in the butt! But here's the problem. I'm tired! Exhausted. I have this house that I bought. It's one of those "needs loving care" kind of houses. And a repairman!! And a cleaning crew!! So between my son, my job or lack of one, the house, and the crazy in-laws (they have no car so guess who drives everyone everywhere!!) I'm beat! I need to exercise and actually want to, but I'm tired! Any advice? It would surely be appreciated! Sorry for the LONG post but I'm out of ideas and this weight has to go!!

Nonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:11 AM   #2  

Ive lost weight through renovations.
We are doing most of the work ourselves ( with builders/electricians/plumbers as needed) which I find great. Painting a room REALLY burns the calories.
I just cant stand the mess that comes with the work, so everyday Im vaccuuming and sweeping, plus cleaning up any spills before they set.

My biggest problem is that I study full time (Im doing a triple major, as well as full time tech) so I spend about 10 hours a day sitting. I also work two parttime jobs, thankfully both of which are quite physical. I only get time to actually "exercise" maybe 3 hours a week, so I REALLY have to watch what I eat.
Im losing wieght mainly for my fertility (I have a 5 kg window to be in, in order to have kids - No less than 70kg, no more than 75kg!) so Im having to rely on what goes in, rather than being able to exercise and burn off all the crap I cheat on.

My advice?
Just try to always be a bit more active, Walking (or cycling) is always great, rather than driving, take the stairs, park away from the enterance.
Without offical 'exercise time' you need to make the little changes, cos they all add up!
trishalishous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:41 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Welcome!!!

Nonrg!

You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement!!

I'm here to tell you Atkins works!! I started out close to your weight and I've lost 102 lbs. I hope you'll continue to stick with it

You CAN do this!!

If you'd ever like to chat, please feel free to PM me here and we can exchange email addresses.

All the best to you!!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Welcome,
Everyone has to find the exercise and food plan they will stick to for the rest of their life. None of us know you better than you. Try to eat healthy. To me that means fish, chicken, turkey, lots and lots of vegetables, fruits, good fats in limited amounts, cereals high in fiber, low fat dairy.

Exercise for me is weights and cardio. Weights build lean muscle which burns more fat. Cardio keeps me healthy.

I was 252 in 2002. I was always tired. It may sound funny but I am less tired the more I do. Please find something you can stick with.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:20 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Whew! I know what you mean about tax season! But now that you're not under such a rush, you can probably find time to get more exercise. As for the energy, you've been stressed out, right? It takes some time to get it back. Try taking a good multivitamin and stay away from that junk food. Your energy should come back!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:36 AM   #6  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

The thing that works for me the best is to get some exercise, even if it is 20 minutes of walking every day. Good luck!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/240/145

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Thanks all! Sorry i was so down last night. I guess i'm a little overwhelmed right now. Anyway i have a question for ya. How do i set mini goals on here? I know my big goal but would like to set little goals so i don't get frustrated. And I also have an update. As of today no more atkins. I have been feeling horrible for the past 2 weeks. So today I started with balanced diet and 1400 calorie. I think I'll do better with it. Thanks yall!

Nonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:53 PM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

[QUOTE=Nonrg;1664810] As of today no more atkins. I have been feeling horrible for the past 2 weeks. So today I started with balanced diet and 1400 calorie. I think I'll do better with it. Thanks yall!
[QUOTE]

Sorry to hear you won't be doing Atkins. Feeling horrible is common at first but, once your body adjusts to this way of eating, it gets much better.

All the best to you!!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote