Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-20-2007, 09:06 AM   #1  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Default Hello - a newbie from Australia

My name is Vanessa and I have battled the bulge all my life, I was winning it when I met my husband I lost a lot of weight through irregular exercise but through a prepackaged calorie controlled meals, that were delivered to me weekly. The product was called Lite and Easy.

Anyway, through an unhappy marriage, giving birth to my gorgeous and precious son, the end of my marriage I have piled and stacked on the weight. At the end of last year I was feeling seriously unhappy and lacked a lot of confidence in myself. We separated in February last year. This year I aim to find happiness and myself.

I considered joining Lite and Easy again but due to being a single parent the cost of meals prepared for me was not an option when also paying off a mortgage on my own.

I have joined a gym and although my primary reason for joining the gym was to lose weight I have since learnt the benefits of releasing emotions through exercising. I feel so much more at peace with myself and I am a much happier single parent to my child. Last year I would come home from work tired, frustrated, stressed, anxious... this year I dont know those emotions exist because I come home via the gym.

The reason I am joining this site is primarily for support, I have got into the habit of regularly going to the gym but havent yet reaped the benefits of weight loss. Having said this I know I have made huge gains in fitness because when I started I found 5 minutes hard work on the treadmill and now I workout for 1 hour and I have increased the level of these workouts...

Anyway, nice to meet you and I hope I get to know some if not all of you better...
mumtoliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/187/140

Height: 5'4

Hello Vanessa,
Sorry your marrige didn't work out ,10 years ago I divorced my first husband we have 2 kids together . so I know the struggles of being a single mom . the best advice I can give you is to try to remain on good terms for the child . Personaly can't stand the Ex but I try to keep it to my self for the kids . now that they are geting older they totally understand why i divorced him . his true colors are hard to hide . Things do get better I am now remarried to the most wonderful man and have never been happier we have a son together and he is a great stepdad to my 2 sons . good luck with your weight loss . I have about 50 lbs to lose my self . I just had surgery on my rotator cuff so i can't work out right now I feel like I am just sitting around getting fatter . and summer is just around the corner . I keep sucking in my gut wishing it away but it's not working . well it was nice to meet you,talk to you soon ,
Mary
marymaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 06:47 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey, both of you!

Exercise is a wonderful thing! We even have a forum for it--and many other topics. Scroll down on the main forums page.

Usually some form of food control seems to be needed, even with exercise, to lose weight. mumtoliam, perhaps you could try Lean Cuisine meals for lunches and dinners? Oh, wait--do they have them in Aussie Land?

Well, in any case, there are plenty of good ways to plan foods. Check out the other forums...

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote