Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-09-2007, 10:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/195/155

Height: 5feet7inches

Smile new member

hello everyone!
I just learned obout this web sit to day and i am looking forward in getting started. a little about my self i have two wounderful childern and after my second which they are only 13 months apart i reached 235 it has been two years now and i can not get past 195 i have a really good feeling about you guys!!and you giving me that extra push that i need.
terra
terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:49 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi TERRA . . . from another Canadian. I'm originally from Toronto but have been living in Nova Scotia for about 13 years now. Always kind of wished my company had transferred me to the "other" coast, but hey, that's life.

You have definitely come to the right place for lts of support and encouragement as you travel down the long winding road to better health and fitness. It's a very big site, so take your time and have a good look around . . . but don't be shy just start posting wherever something catches your eye. I know you will receive a great big welcoming wherever you wander on 3FC.

Just wanted to let you know we hve a thriving little chat thread called the Crazy Canuks Cluck Club and here is a link to the April thread . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108686 . . . Hope you will make that one of your regular stops as you travel this community.

Hope you have a great moving and shaking kind of day, Chickie . . . I'll be look forward to seeing you later . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:01 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

, Terra. You sound pumped! Maybe you should change your name to Terra Firma! Sorry! I figure as a Canadian, you have a good sense of humour.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/195/155

Height: 5feet7inches

thanks for the the great wecoming guys!!
terra
terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:26 AM   #5  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default Welcome!

Hi Terra!

You and I weigh the same and are headed to pretty much the same goal weight! I have had great success with using Fitday, a site where you can put in your foods and exercise and keep track of your calories. It's free, too! Here's the web address if you'd like to check it out! www.Fitday.com Oh! Just noticed that you already use Fitday!!!

I have trouble with plateaus, too! I hit 195 several weeks ago and am just now starting to change a few things to get under that weight. I had an EIGHT MONTH plateau at 210 last year. Drove me CRAZY!! It seemed that no matter what I did, I was stuck at that weight! I even had my husband and my son get on the scale to see if our scale COULD register something other than 210!

Fitday showed me that I was eating more calories than I THOUGHT I was eating. I watched carefully and began to lose weight again.

At 195 my body is happy AGAIN to stay at this weight! I am switching things up again by adding an additional cardio session in the morning to the one I do usually. I am also lessening the amount of calories from 1200-1500 to more days of 1200. It's tough, but I have 130 days to get to goal (my son's wedding). My goal is to weigh at HIS wedding what I weighed at MY OWN wedding in 1976!! I have a beaded top to my mother-of-the-groom dress that has tight upper arms that I want to feel comfortable in for the whole wedding day. I know I can't spot-reduce, so I HAVE to lose the weight.

Maybe we can be buddies! PM me whenever you want!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote