Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-06-2007, 12:59 PM   #1  

Exclamation 50 years plus

Hello!
I joined about a month ago, but haven't gotten into dieting yet. I do plan on starting Monday, April 9th. however in honest.
I am looking for other women age 50 years & up who are interested in joining a challenge/buddy group. I still haven't made up my mind for sure what plan I'm going to follow. I am thinking either the G. I. Diet; Dr. Phil's Ultimate Weight Loss Rapid Start program; South Beach again; or Weight Watchers again. Perhaps some of you could let me know which ones you've had the best results with. I need a heart healthy diet. I also need someone to challenge me to get back to the exercise 5 days a week, so if we can get a group of "more mature" ladies together that would be great. I am 58 & need to lose 30 - 35#. Please let's join together to help each other. It's not as easy to lose when you get older. I'll take all the support I can get. And I always enjoy making new friends. signed, openheart
openheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hi, open heart!

There are some age-related groups in the Support Groups area, I think. Keep browsing around and you're sure to find some like-minded folks.

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:51 PM   #3  
Ready for a better life!

Smile

Hi openheart,
I will turn 50 in 4 months and have a long way to go on the weight loss road! I do not do so well following programs, so I make up my own as I go. I use fitday.com to log in every single bite I eat. I strive for low fat and have been able to keep my fat grams down to about 20-25 per day. I also try to boost my protein intake daily but I don't sweat the carbs. I'm going the low fat way as a heart healthy plan suggested by my doctor who is unhappy with my cholesterol numbers. By using fitday, I can also look up the calorie/fat/protein/carb contents of foods and plan my day's eating. Having a plan for the day helps me greatly to resist temptation and feel in control.
Welcome to a wonderful online community. Visit a lot of groups and join in as many as you find fit your needs. There are a lot of terrific people here with a lot of support, advice and pats on the back to give!
LookingForHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 168/165/135

Height: 5'7"

Hello, openheart. I am 56 and wondering the same thing..where do I go in this great big place? I guess I will read through lots of the forums and see where I belong. It is good to meet you. I am starting "in earnest" on Monday also.
DaisyRafferty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:46 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingForHope View Post
Hi openheart,
I will turn 50 in 4 months and have a long way to go on the weight loss road! I do not do so well following programs, so I make up my own as I go. I use fitday.com to log in every single bite I eat. I strive for low fat and have been able to keep my fat grams down to about 20-25 per day. I also try to boost my protein intake daily but I don't sweat the carbs. I'm going the low fat way as a heart healthy plan suggested by my doctor who is unhappy with my cholesterol numbers. By using fitday, I can also look up the calorie/fat/protein/carb contents of foods and plan my day's eating. Having a plan for the day helps me greatly to resist temptation and feel in control.
Welcome to a wonderful online community. Visit a lot of groups and join in as many as you find fit your needs. There are a lot of terrific people here with a lot of support, advice and pats on the back to give!
you must read this book
http://www.southbeachdietheart.com/about_heart_book.asp
itscasper77 is offline   Reply With Quote