Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-02-2007, 04:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/238/140

Height: 5'3"

Smile Newbie on Board

Hi everyone!

Came across this website recently and have just signed up. My name is Theresa and I'm a NYer living in the UK with my hubby and 3 stepsons. I'm going to be 40 in a little over 4 weeks time <groan>. Have spent most of my life battling my weight and I'm hoping to do better in getting it under control. Some of my interests include spending time with my family, cooking, traveling, reading and IT.

I look forward to getting to know you guys!

Cheers m'dears!
Theresa
nyerinuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:54 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

Good to "see" you here.

Do you have a plan? If you browse the site you'll find reviews of different weight loss approaches, and in the Diet Central part of the forum are lots of specific forums. And lots of folks hang out in Support.

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/193/135

Height: 5 2'

Default Newbie Here Also

Good Morning:

I am new to this site as well. Ran across it looking for the Fat Smash Diet. I just purchased both books and will pick them up tomorrow from Borders Books. I am really looking forward to using them. I loved the show that Dr. Ian was on "Celebrity Fit Club".

I have 60 pounds to lose and I am 49 years old. The weight gets so much harder to lose as you get older and you start to go through the first stages of Menopause. I have tried everything and get so bored easily with everything. The only thing that I can say stays constant is my exercise routine. I exercise by using the treadmill and just ran across a wonderful total body workout that is basically aerobic called DanceX. Check out the website. It is so motivating and just makes you want to dance. It doesn't feel like you are working out.

I have been a chunky person since I was in my early teens. Never put the eating thing into play until much later in my life after I had my 1st son. I put on about 40 pounds. I came off slowly, but it took going to diet centers and places of that nature. After I had my second son, I gained about another 40 pounds (you would have thought I would have learned from the first one! ) and that was even harder to come off. When I had my last son at the age of 37, the weight just never came off. I have been struggling to get this 60 pounds off for the last 15 years. I would lose 30 and go back to my old habits, lose another 20, go back to my old habits and the cycle continues! I am just hoping that the Fat Smash Diet will be my last diet ever and with the help of this forum, I think I will be able to succeed!

Thanks for listening.
December9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:23 AM   #4  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Theresa and December9!

Welcome!

Glad you found us! I wish you both success with your weight loss! There's a lot here at this website! Check out the mini-goals and goals to get some real inspiration, and look at the 100lb. club's NSVs (non-scale victories). I go every day to these sections to keep being motivated and inspired by those who are trying hard to lose weight just like me!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote