Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-02-2007, 02:15 PM   #1  

Red face New to the forum!

Hey guys.

I just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Krista and I'm 22. I've been struggling with my weight now for about 2 years. Throughout high school I was a stringbean. I'm only 5'2, and during my senior year of high school I weighed in at 117 lbs. I was athletic so I didn't look deathly thin or anything.

All of a sudden these last few years I just blew up. Most of it's my own fault, I eat out almost everyday for lunch, and I definitely make poor food choices. Right now I weigh about 185 lbs. I guess you can say I carry it well, I don't look too big, but I feel big.

I have tried all of the fad diets, and I always fall off the wagon after a week or 2, and I try to excercize as much as I can but it's hard when your working 60 hour weeks. I just need to find a place to start, so I decided to join here, and maybe get some advice from you guys! Thanks!
krittabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:03 PM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi Krista and WELCOME!

You've come to the right place - this is a fabulously supportive site!!

Those lunches out every day will do in any diet, for sure! You've tried all the fads, so you KNOW they don't work - so a good place to start might be www.fitday.com which will help you journal everything you eat. You can also put exercise in - it's a good way to keep an eye on what goes into your mouth - LOL!

Set realistic, attainable goals, and just keep at it!

Keep coming back and tell us how you're doing and what eating plan you are following, even if you devise your own!

Good luck -
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:48 AM   #3  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Krista!

Welcome!

I completely agree with Heather! Also, if you add fiber and increase your water you will help your body get rid of the unwanted toxins that have built up with all the fast food eating. Fiber and water actually help remove the fat from your body!

Fitday helped me realize that I was eating MANY MORE calories than I THOUGHT I was eating. I dropped 15 pounds since the end of January by readjusting my calories.

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote