Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-04-2007, 03:21 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Red face OK OK... Enough already!!!

I am new to this. I am a 5'7" weighing in at 250 lbs! Typical italian who luvs the carbs and pasta. I just had my first kid three months ago. I gained a total of 50 lbs with pregnancy and have only lost 20lbs. I have been working out but I am not losing any weight. I was working out at least an hour everyday up until the last two weeks. I had enough of working my butt off and not seeing any results. So I am re-thinking my approach to this weight loss thing. A friend of mine recommended this site, and she has lost over 60 lbs... (which i am SO jealous!! ) I thought that I would check it out.
So here I am looking for encouragement buddies... someone to help me kick my butt... and then some!!! Tips, insights, encouragement,etc. Things like that. Any help or thoughts would be great!!

Thanks for reading...
Lalily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:01 PM   #2  
Ready for a better life!

Hi Lalily!
You've come to the right place. My first suggestions: go to fitday.com and get a free account. Be totally honest with yourself in keeping track of everything you eat. Once you get used to it, it only takes minutes per day to keep up and it will really open your eyes as to what is going in your stomach!
Second tip, don't forget your water. If you drink those 64 ounces every day, you will stay hydrated and your body won't hold onto the water weight near as much. Third, come here for company, support and the occasional necessary fanny kick. Heaven knows I've needed a nudge a time or three. When I am discouraged, I post here for support. When I'm doing well, I get friendly pats on the back that we all need. I couldn't have lost 10.5 pounds in the last 5 weeks without these good people. Come often and let us cheer you on as you lose the weight. Welcome!
LookingForHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:23 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey there!

What LookingForHope said--good to start with some kind of tracker so you can see what you're eating. You can also record activity in FitDay too.

Join in--there is lots of information!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote