Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-20-2007, 01:15 AM   #1  
The DragonLady

S/C/G: 268

Height: 5'5"

Question DragonLady Here.

Dear All,
DragonLady here for the first time in this forum. Looks like a neat place!
I must confess: I am about at the end of my rope weightwise .

I never really had a problem with my weight except for after having babies, and even then, I could manage to get a big chunk of it off. Then I got sick---for years with a rare, but disabling disease. I gained ALOT of weight with certain medications and I was relatively paralyzed for a couple of years. I've not been quite the same since. I've not been able to regain any sort of stamina and exercise just plain hurts.

Now, I don't say this for pity or anything like that. I am so HAPPY to be able to walk again and do things for myself , but I'm left to wonder what I can do that I haven't already tried. Doctors are quick to mention 'the surgery' or dole out more medication, but as far as REAL tools that I, myself can use? I'm just not seeing them .

So, I'm joining this cool website for support, maybe make a friend or two and get some useful and healthy ideas. Any takers?

Peace All,
the DragonLady(or MrsPeeps)

Last edited by MrsPeeps; 03-20-2007 at 01:17 AM. Reason: unfamilia with how to use the various fonts and such.
MrsPeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:23 PM   #2  
Starting Over...again

S/C/G: 210/210/190

Height: 5'9"

I've found a lot of very useful information lurking around on these boards. I hope you also find something to help in your journey. I just started "dieting" again yesterday and have already found some very great ideas. I think for me it helps to get opinions from real people (not doctors, only) about things they have tried and what worked for some and failed for others. I wish you the best of luck.
L8again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:18 PM   #3  
The DragonLady

S/C/G: 268

Height: 5'5"

Cool Thanks So Much!

Dear Shelly,
Thanks so much for your kind response . I think I will look around and see what I can find. I'm not terribly happy with the docs response. I've already seen some really good things in here.

I'm back at the diet thing too. I've cut out all the sugar---which I shouldn't have anyway, and I'm cutting down on carbs. I've seen some people get rid of breads, rice and potatoes in their diets. I don't know how far I can go with that as I like bread. I tend to do better when I figure out my own thing. I've been reading labels and what not and eating whole grains like oatmeal and fiber rich breads whenever I do have breads. I used to keep a food journal, but when I did that, I found that food became THE center of my day.

A former doctor said I have metabolic issues and pretty much left it at that. Heck, that's pretty much what I'd been asking about for years.

Thanks again,
the DragonLady
MrsPeeps is offline   Reply With Quote