Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-15-2007, 09:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 172/132/125

Height: 5'2"

Default I Everyone - Another Newbie Here

I found out about this site from the Newsweek article on Volumetrics. I plan on buying the book and checking it out. Here's my story in a nutshell.

I'm Italian and was raised on food going with everything for every occasion, and for any and all reasons. I love to cook and I love to eat. I've struggled with my weight my entire life, but the past few years have managed to remain pretty steady after having lost about 40 pounds. I've tried every diet in the book and basically have decided that I'm done with them. I'm just done with dieting. I've found that I don't yo-yo up and down as much since I've stopped dieting and I'm not continually obsessed with food because of having to deny myself the things I love, however, loving to eat as much as I do, I do need something to keep me from crossing that line from maintaining to starting to regain. And I will admit that I would like to lose a few more pounds. This volumetrics plan looks like a pretty decent way to not have to deny myself but will let me maintain and maybe even lose a few pounds. I guess I'll find out!

I've also struggled with self-diagnosed eating disorders my whole life as well. I'm definitely a binge eater and an emotional eater. Altho, again, I've managed to stop binging these past years. Maybe it's my age or maybe it's I'm not as focused on having the perfect body any longer - not sure, but the binging is mostly gone.

I also want to add that another, major reason for needing support and keeping control of my weight and keeping healthy, is that my daughter has developed a serious eating disorder and is currently hospitalized from that as well as the depression she developed as a result of the disorder. She's on her way home and is much healthier and in a much better place, but she still has big issues around food and her weight and body image. The better I can deal with food, the more I'll be able to help her. The better food choices I have and the healthier meals I can make, the better off she'll be.

Anyway, I don't want to write a book here, but these are the reasons I'll be coming around. I hope I can learn things from others who may have gone thru similar issues themselves. Take care!

Lisa (cheeps)
Cheeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome.
Have you been reading around 3FC? The first thing I thought of for you and your daughter was the Whole Foods Threads.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 172/132/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi - I haven't had a chance to go everywhere yet but I will definitely check that out. I've been trying to stick to organic foods as much as I can and I'm in the process of eliminating red meat from my diet. My daughter has been a vegetarian for about 6 months now. I stopped eating meat for about 2 1/2 years, but started up again. I do plan on still eating chicken and fish this time, however, so I'm not going completely vegetarian. Whole foods sounds right up my alley. Thanks!

Lisa

Last edited by Cheeps; 03-15-2007 at 11:35 AM. Reason: spelling
Cheeps is offline   Reply With Quote