Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-11-2007, 01:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/181/112

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face 3 month goal!

Last edited by lostwings; 02-19-2008 at 11:06 AM.
lostwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:32 PM   #2  

wow theres a lot of newbies here!
Old 03-11-2007, 02:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 130/130/125

Height: 5' 8"

40 lbs seems like an ambitious, but reasonable goal. You'll have to work hard but I'm sure you can do it! And be in amazing shape just in time to party hard on your vacation! (Where are you going?)

Welcome, Lostwings!
kelema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:42 PM   #4  

Yeah I'm worried it's a little too ambitious! But I gained it really quickly, so I'm sure I can lose it just as quick.

We're going to Paleokastritsa in Corfu.

Thanks for the welcome!
Old 03-11-2007, 03:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 130/130/125

Height: 5' 8"

wow! That sounds like a fun trip! Have a good time and take lots of pictures of your new rockin' body!
kelema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:17 PM   #6  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi lostwings!

Welcome!

I have about 40 pounds to lose, too! Maybe we can encourage one another to stay the course and unload those pounds! My goal of 160 is about forty pounds away, and I want to reach it by July or early August. My son's wedding is August 18th, and I have this pretty beaded top that is too tight in the arms and across the chest. Beading is VERY unforgiving with NO STRETCH AT ALL. I KNOW that I can't just spot-reduce my upper arms or my back or chest, so I have to just KEEP LOSING the weight from my body!

You can do this! Have you checked out Fitday? It is free and has really helped me to keep my food in check as well as to record my exercise. Fitday keeps me accountable and has helped me lose ten pounds over the last month.

www.Fitday.com

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:31 PM   #7  

Kelema - I'll deffo take lots of pics! & hopefully my body will be close to rockin lol

Hey cheryl

I've used fitday on and off for the past 3 years. I was thinking about using it strictly again though. My fella is helping me with portions and snacks (hes hiding stuff lol)

I've always felt my upper arms are out of proportion for the rest of my body (apart from my boobs lol) even when I was 131lbs I felt they were too big - like you said I know you can spot reduce, but I'm gonna look into exercises that'll tighten it all up.

A wedding is such a great motivator! And having the top you're gonna wear is even better! You can visualise yourself in the top, but smaller. I'm doing the same thing with my clothes from a year or so ago, I've got lots of summer clothes that I'd hardly worn & they're just begging me to squeeze back into them!

We can lose this weight!

Are you doing any exercise?
Old 03-12-2007, 07:47 AM   #8  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi lostwings!

Yes, I exercise every day. I found that for me, it was better just to do it every day. That way I can't let myself get away with saying that "I'll do it TOMORROW!" In the past, when I began skipping days of exercise I quit exercising altogether!

What I HAVE discovered though is that for me, the key is watching the calories and portions of food that I eat. I hit an eight-month plateau back awhile ago. I weighed 210 for so long that I actually thought my scale was broken! I got going with Fitday (Thanks AGAIN, Robin! )and lost TEN POUNDS in about a month! I kept exercising AS USUAL, so it HAD to be the calorie watching that was making my weight loss happen.

I tried on a jacket from a month ago when it was tight in the arms, and it was looser yesterday, so I guess I'll be able to meet my goal with the arms! Isn't it weird how everyone's body shape is SOOOO different? I KNOW a lot of it is genetically programmed, but gee whiz...

Nice to hear from you!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 12:05 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7''

10 weeks until your holiday and you want to lose 40lbs. Good luck.
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:44 PM   #10  

Old 03-12-2007, 02:49 PM   #11  

Woah cheryl! 76 lbs!! I didnt see that yesterday .. WTG missy, that rocks! You must feel so proud! I've found the same thing with exercise - I need to have a plan and stick with it, I even managed to walk into work this morning (40 mins) yay! Great news about the jacket!

Finn - I make it ut to be 12 weeks. If I lose 3 lb per week I could lose a total of 36lbs .. so Hopefully I'll lose a bit more on a couple of weeks to make the 40 lb loss. Yep its ambitious, but if I stay focused I think I could do it!