Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-05-2007, 03:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 276/265/TBD

Height: 5'2"

Lightbulb I'm new....again

Hi I am back again. I was here before, mainly hovering. I was/am scared about this big step I am feel finally ready to take. I want to be healither and be able to play with my son without having to sit down and rest every 15 minutes. I guess I just am looking for someone keep me motivated and kick me in the rear every now and again. and I have the feeling the ladies on this board have no problem with that at all. Looking forward to shading some pounds and possibly some tears with you ladies!!!
dorkygirl1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:10 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey there!

Glad you're back! Yes, you have an excellent reason for wanting to lose weight and become more healthy.

There are lots of forums to visit on this site, and lots of information. What plan are you going to follow? What have you tried in the past?

I'm a calorie counter, and I'm currently hoping to bust the 170 barrier this week. It will be the first time in many years that I've been that low.

I've lost 16 pounds in the last 3 months by following my eating plan. The rest of that lost weight on my ticker took longer because I would give up. I'm not giving up now!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 276/265/TBD

Height: 5'2"

Well right now I am mainly cutting back on portions and not eating sweets or having sodas. I am looking for something that isn't too complicated. Any suggestions??
dorkygirl1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!
You can probably lose weight without changing what you are eating now. Fitday.com is a free site where you can enter all your intake. Learn to measure as you scoop out your helping of whatever your family is eating. You'll soon learn more about the nutrient content of your food and then we'll help you make slimmer choices!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:37 AM   #5  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Check out the site. You'll find lots of useful information. Find a forum that works for you. I regularly post on the 100lb Club. I have over a 100 pounds to lose so our goals are similar and I find that the ladies are talkative there.. lost of new postings each day. Find which one works for you.. or move around and post on several. We are ALL here for ya! Good luck!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:02 AM   #6  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

I am going to echo what someone else said about using Fitday.com. It really is useful, if you can just plan what you eat. For instance, in the morning I put my breakfast in as I am eatting it, and then I think about what I want to eat for the rest of the day, I go ahead and put it in, and then sometimes I will be like "dang thats alot of calories for not alot of food, where can I tweak this today" It really does help... now all I need to do is learn how to stay on my plan without deviation to get this last 15-20 I have been trying to lose for a YEAR! ARG! lol That 100lbs was much easier than these last lbs lol. Good Luck girly.. I know you will be fine.. losing weight with this site is much more fun than going at it alone!
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote