Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-04-2007, 09:45 AM   #1  
szb
Suzi from NYC

S/C/G: 245/245/160

Height: 5' 4''

Default Suzi from NYC

Good morning,

I am new around and I thought to introduce my self. I am 32 years old European who lives in NYC. I am mother of 2 and in the middle of seperation that is getting so strange and takes all my energy away from me.
I know that I eat when I am under stress. That was in the past and there were years when I had that under control. Some how relationships allways take a self esteem away from me. So did this time. I have two lovely boys, a great job but a husband that cheats and uses me. I know, I let him do that, but I am here with no family and no friends. And starting life in my own. I have dreams that might not come true soon, but one thing is true, I am doing a lot already.
I worked hard to be where I am now, with job and my sons. Now the weight and health are very important to me.
Last yeat 9/11 I lost my dad in tragic accident. I am far from my family, which is very close together and I didn't see him for 2 years and this xmass I was supposed to be with them.
His lost is so hard to me, but in many ways it gave me energy to deal with kicking my hubby out. I am not very good at it, but that is why I am here. To find friends to talk to, to work out and become me again.

One year ago i started to walk a lot, I didn't do it all the time, but this week I walked 4 days out of 7 for 24 min. Fast walking. That is what I started with and I am trying not to eat late at night, which is so bad in USA.

well... Is there any one who would like to talk to me?

Suzi
szb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:55 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hello, Suzi! I'm sure many folks will like talking with you! I'm so sorry about all the things you are going through. You must be a very strong woman to be doing so much under the circumstances, and I applaud you!

The main thing I would suggest, and of course I'm just a person like you, is that you not make your path too hard. Gosh, it's already hard enough! I think the walking is a great thing for you to do. And be sure that you eat healthy, nutritious foods--stay away from the "fast foods," they are loaded with calories that no one needs. Vegetables, complex carbohydrates like whole grains, and good protein--make sure you get enough protein. But take it easy--don't make it just one more terrible chore that you have to do!

We'll be rooting for you here--check back often. Look around at all the other forums as well.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #3  
szb
Suzi from NYC

S/C/G: 245/245/160

Height: 5' 4''

Hi Jay,

thank you for your message. I agree, I am trying to make step by step and I am proud of my self where I am today.

I started with Bob Greens diet and I know I can do it and it is something that will give me health and good results in a long run.
Being alone is one thing that is hard for me and not have shoulder to lean one.

How are you doing it?
I see you lost a lot and that is great.

Suzi
szb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:59 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

Good luck to you, Suzi! Be sure and keep your confidence up and stick with this. I applaud you for sticking with it during this difficult time. You are in a very empowering time of your life. You have had the courage to walk away from somebody that treated you so badly - so you keep focusing that energy and strength to your make your goal!!

You should look in to some support groups in NYC that you can meet some other people who are here alone from other countries as well. My husband is also from Europe (Netherlands) and life can definitely feel isolating for him sometimes, even with me. Maybe you can make some friends that you can go exercise with, or cook healthy foods for each other, or just hang out with.

Please feel free to jump in anywhere here - and good luck!!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote