Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #1  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Hi!

Hello!

I thought that I would stop in and say hey. So, hey! I have been lurking for a little while, and I love how supportive and knowledgeable everyone is here! And the before and after pics are sooo inspiring!

anyway, I have been doing Weight Watchers since the start of the year, and I haven't been doing as well as i would like. But, I also quit smoking on the same day (two months tomorrow! wooo!) and took up jogging two weeks ago, so I am trying to get pumped again for all the healthy changes that I am trying to make in my life. I have stalled out in the past three weeks, and there is a periwinkle bridesmaid's dress that is calling my name in *gasp* 6.5 weeks and I have paid too much for it to not look super hot in it.

Sorry for the ramble, and can't wait to get back down to business!
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:11 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

Congrats on quitting smoking! Also way to go on all the other healthy changes you have made! Hopefully you find the extra motivation you need to look better than hot in that dress yay!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:00 AM   #3  

Unhappy Hi everyone

Hi everyone

first time here,I am Scottish, but living in the Netherlands. I have had a weight problem for
a long time now. but yesterday I found out That I am obese, I was at the doctors, and had a test. for years I thought that I was just over weight.(kidding my self) I have help With A dietist. but need more help,to keep me on track, and this forum looks like the best place to be.
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:39 AM   #4  
Go Cardinals!!

S/C/G: 276/221/150

Height: 5'6

Congrats on the smoking part and welcome!
Dragonfly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:12 AM   #5  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi futurepixie and celt!

You've found a wonderful place here, and I'd like to encourage you to post often and read all of the great stuff that's here!

futurepixie: I'm trying to fit in a dress for a wedding, too! My son will be married in August, and I really want to have my arms get smaller so the dress will fit better. I KNOW that I can't spot reduce, so I have to lose this weight EVERYWHERE so that my arms will get smaller. (Beaded jacket tops are NOT stretchy! )

celt:Welcome to the obese club! I am there, too! Your doc is probably going by the BMI chart. You can do a search for BMI and it will give you a number of free sites that you can use to figure out your ongoing progress from obese to overweight to normal. Several of the girls are using BMI changes at their touchpoints for determining their progress with weight loss.

Glad to have you both here!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote