Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-24-2007, 04:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/170/135

Height: 5'2"

Default starting out with WW and trying to cut back sugar

Hi, I'm Kat. I am brand new to dieting and I attended my first Weight Watchers meeting at work last week. I carry all my weight around my middle and have back problems so I want to lose 30-40 pounds.

This is all very new to me and I have never counted calories and carbs before. Dieting seems so complicated and Weight Watchers is very expensive. Does anything come with membership or do you have to spend a fortune on books, gizmos, online support, etc.

I am also trying to reduce the amount of processed sugar in my diet. My boyfriend does not eat sugar at all and recommends a book called Sugar Blues to everyone.

I'm looking mostly for some support and some help starting out losing weight.

thanks,

Kat
katdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: s/c/g: 173/167.8/130

Height: 5'4

Weight Watcher is expensive, but it does work. You have to make sure you watch your portion sizes because I know a lot of people who wonder why they don't lose weight on it, but when I see them eat, they definitely are not eating recommended portion sizes. But, the nice thing about Weight Watchers is that you get extra points each week that you can use toward your daily points, or for a nice dinner out or something. It's very easy to follow, too. Good luck, I'm joining again on Monday.
cytheria21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 10:13 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey cytheria21,

I love Sugar Blues--it is definitely worth reading! It is amazing just how bad refined sugar is for our bodies. Cutting down on it is worthwhile, I think--and even though I do eat some sugar from time to time, I find that I don't like really sweet foods any more. They taste too sweet to me.

Weight Watchers is a good program for support and consistency. I'm not a member, but I was many years ago. These days I'm a calorie watcher and exerciser.

Good luck!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/170/135

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the welcome. I went to the meeting on Monday at work and joined up. I start the program next week when the 15 week series begins. I still don't know how much I actually weigh. I am trying to become somewhat familiar with the program and looking for recipes and stuff. I also ordered a Gazelle exercise machine to try to reach my goal. I'm tired of getting old and fat.

Kat
katdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:46 AM   #5  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 167/167/125

Height: 5'0

with ww all your materials are included when you sighn up. they often have "free registration" ( i beleive they have it now) and it costs 13 dollars a week to participate. they do give you other materials throughout the course of your membership, and you do not have to buy any of there foods, liturature or gadgatry if you do not want to . ( although the magazine is a good read and those fruties candies save lives in situations like when you are at the movies and everyone around you has a 64 oz tub of popcorn) i am now intrigued by sugar blues and would like to read it.
HotDoc is offline   Reply With Quote