Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-26-2007, 01:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/223/125

Height: 5'0

Smile Overweight in Ohio

Hi, all:

I guess I'm one of the many people who found about your site from Oprah's magazine...it seemed promising so I thought I'd check it out. I'm 36 and need to lose about 100 pounds...I have two young daughers and want to be healthy for them (and for me). I'm discouraged because I've tried a number of diets and exercise routines that I haven't been able to stick with. I guess I'm just looking for people who know what it's like to be addicted to food (turning to food to stuff anger or be comforted). I've had a lifelong struggle with food but have never been overweight like I am now. This has all come in the past 3 years, and I'm anxious to find a way out. It would be nice to feel accepted and understood since I don't really know anyone else who struggled with the same issues.
tcmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #2  

Default I hear you

I also read an article about this website in the Oprah magazine. I'm in my early 40s and have gained significant weight after the birth of my last child 6 years ago. I feel that I have no energy left after working with kids all day(i'm a teacher) to spend with my own at home. My blood pressure is high and I am on medication for it. I am worried about my health and want to improve it not just for myself but for my children.
titian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:14 PM   #3  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Welcome! I hope you'll feel comfortable looking around the boards and jumping in whenever and wherever you feel. This is a wonderful site and there are tons of people doing what we need to in order to healthier. Good luck to you.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #4  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi tc and titian!

You've found a GREAT site here! Everyone here knows what you mean when you say that you need to lose 100 pounds or you have gained weight after having a child or getting married. We have all been there or ARE there RIGHT NOW!

There are many sites within this website. Enjoy!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/223/125

Height: 5'0

Thanks, everyone, for the welcoming and understanding responses!

Titian, I know what you mean about feeling like you don't have the energy once you're done with work to do what everyone needs. I work part-time as a freelance writer from home and constantly feel torn between getting housework done, giving the kids my attention, getting work done and doing something positive just for myself (like exercising). Maybe we'll find what we need here to help us figure out how to "juggle" everything in a sane way that will lead to better health. Best of luck to you.
tcmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:39 PM   #6  
Mel

Hi there TC and titan
to 3FC! This really is a great site. I found it six years ago in the middle of my weightloss journey and everyone was warm and helpful. I think what has helped me the most is realizing that we are in this for life. Without the support of this site, I don't think I would have had the tools or understanding to maintain the weight loss.

Take some time to read through the forums and clubs- there are so many different people posting here, with different lifestyles, dietary approaches, medical or emotional needs, that I'm sure you'll find places that you fit in and feel comfortable.

TC, I know what you mean about working from home and balancing it all being so tough! For years I worked as a computer consultant from home, and life was just one big jumble. I had to consciously put boundaries around my time and physical space: now is worktime, not work and do laundry...now it's WOROUT time, not work and do a few exercises while I'm waiting for a phone call, etc. I eventually gave up the idea that I could work and have my children in the house when they were small. It seemed ideal, but just lead to a lot of frustration and yelling!

Welcome to 3FC!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote