Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-25-2007, 04:29 AM   #1  
Taking It Back

S/C/G: 199.8/189.2/134.2

Height: 5'6.2"

Lightbulb Meet Nadia

Hi, there. My name is Nadia and I just turned 25. I am heavier than I have ever been. I have a treadmill, an exercise ball, a rebounder, gym membership, vitamins, energy pills, et cetera et cetera, just no umm "get up and go ness". I have soooooo many reasons that I want to lose weight. I have listed them out and put before pictures on my treadmill and fridge. I have great music to work out to and an ipod for the gym. I have the workout clothes. I have made up tons of schedules, graphs, lists, et cetera.
I just never get going. When I am at the gym, or running or such it feels fantastic!!! It is just getting to that point. I have always been a terrible terrible procrastinator and do not know how to snap out of it. I do tend to eat when I am "bored" as well. If I have something I need to get done, I sort of seek out distractions. I want to make a difference in my health and body and I am hoping that I can do it this year. Hoping this forum will be good support for me. I do not have many friends and the ones I do are like Barbie dolls, so I can not talk to them about losing weight. . .not really. My sleeping patterns have been really bad for about three months now (am talking 2-3 "all-nighters a week and plenty of head-bobbing at work). It is a difficult time in my life, but no more difficult than last year or the year before, just different things, you know? I want to be proud of myself. I want to feel good.
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:36 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Nadia,

Gosh, I wish I lived somewhere nearby--I could appear at your house, tie you up, take you to the gym, and strap you to a machine! But barring that--all I can say is that if you WANT it, you will DO it. So, do you want it or not? If so, you will schedule the time of day when you DO it, whether it's your equipment at home, going to the gym, or just taking a walk. And then you will follow through. It may seem as though you don't have time, but you have it if you want it. You'll have to trust me on this; I thought I didn't have time either, now I exercise 6 days out of 7.

I don't know why you procrastinate--but I had a friend who was always going to lose weight and get fit "someday." Notice "had." Dropped dead of a heart attack. He was way older than you--but why not make it a non-issue by tackling it now? It's easier now than it will be later.

Good luck to you! Get up! Get going!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Welcome Nadia,

I'm the same as you. I will vow to myself over and over again that tomorrow I will start going to the gym and eating better but I can leave myself in that limbo-land for years as I get fatter and fatter! Eventually you just have to decide that the time is now. It really is just about making that decision to stop procrastinating and start taking action, even if you don't feel like it. Perhaps you have the same experience that I do--after an extended period of absence from the gym I have a very difficult time dragging myself there. Once I get going on a regular basis, however, I start to really enjoy it and find it quite easy to motivate myself each day. So you are going to have to force yourself, whether you feel like it or not, TODAY. Allow yourself 20 more minutes of reading at this site and then get changed and put yourself on your treadmill for 30 minutes. No excuses. If you do it today, it will be easier tomorrow.

Good luck!
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 03:42 PM   #4  
We'll all get there!!!!

S/C/G: 225/tic/130

Height: 5'4"

Nadia! I have the same problem. I say "oh i still have to work out, but let me do some homework first" And then I won't do it. The thing for me (may sound strange but it works) is that I just can't think about...and just go for it. 99% of the time, when I first think about working out, I go to my room and change, and hit the treadmill, I can't think about anything else. Just get it over with, and when Im exercising, i feel great that I did it. So my advice would be that as soon as you say to yourself "i g2g exercise!" Get in the car asap, and just go
Cate426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:56 AM   #5  
Taking It Back

S/C/G: 199.8/189.2/134.2

Height: 5'6.2"

So odd to look at this post, as things are quite different now. I do not have a treadmill, gym membership, rebounder, my exercise ball, vitamins, workout wear, or energy pills right now. Yet, somehow, I am working much harder at my goals than I was then. I think have a very bad energy level. I just want to sleep and sleep. I never feel "awake". I am definitely working on my procrastination. It is odd that I had written that it was a difficult time, just different things. That is true now, too. Will I ever be at a point in my life and think of it as not being a difficult time? I hope so.
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote