Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-24-2007, 11:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/178/130

Height: 5'0"

Default Hello! I'm new here.

I am at the heaviest weight I've ever been in my life! I don't know what came over me, but I had a dr. appt on Feb 16, and I asked her about Alli, and if I would be able to take it when it came out. She told me about Xenical, and wrote a prescription.
I started the Xenical on Feb 17, and I also enrolled in Curves. (I paid a year in full, so I would have more of a reason not to stop going! LOL).
Last week was pretty good. I haven't experienced any of the side effects they say you get with Xenical if you eat too much fat. I'm afraid to eat too much fat, because I don't want the side effects!
Being heavy makes me so unhappy. In my closet hangs clothing from size 4-16!
I have high blood pressure.....it's under control, and I've always had it, even when I was thin----I inherited it from my mother (thanks mom)! But anyway, I know that being overweight does contribute to the high blood pressure. I have given birth to 5 children, and I want to live long enough to see them grow up and have children of their own.
I would definitely like to get to know others in a group who are working towards the same goal I am..... To lose weight and be healthy!
FED up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:55 AM   #2  
Lisa

S/C/G: 287/See Tracker/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Hi There!

Hi! I want you to know that I feel your pain. I too am the heaviest I've ever been. Things have just gotten out of control. I've decided to embark on a medically supervised diet in about a week - 1 year long program. I hope it will work. I am pretty new to the site too and I've gotten a few replies to my posts - all have been very compassionate and helpful. I commend you on taking some action. Just remember that just because you are overweight doesn't make you a bad person. There are more of us out there than there are of the "Barbies" of the world. If I can be of any help, let me know. Hang in there and good for you for joining in!

LKBHouston
LKBHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:17 AM   #3  
45 lbs down!

S/C/G: 278/232/199

Height: 5'6

Hello, I too am new to the group but so far I must say its been the best decision I've made after deciding to lose weight again. VERY supportive, and the progress pics are motivating. I too was looking into Alli but like you I'm afraid of the side effects. Good Luck! Keep us posted on your progress.
TammyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:20 AM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Default We know how that feels ...

Hi Ladies:

Yes, there are more of us than some people realize. Just the other night, a young man was trying to describe a lady to me and all he could say was "She was big, you know, very large." And I said, "and ... what else? There are a lot of big ladies in this world!" LOL!

I know that you will like it here; I haven't been here long myself, but I love it already! Your moniker struck me ... Fedup; that's exactly how I felt just over a year ago, when I started this journey again. But this time, I want it to be the last time; I want be healthy and feel good for the rest of my life.

Glad you joined us ~ a fellow encourager ... Rosebud. ~
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:17 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKBHouston View Post
Hi! I want you to know that I feel your pain. I too am the heaviest I've ever been. Things have just gotten out of control. I've decided to embark on a medically supervised diet in about a week - 1 year long program. I hope it will work. I am pretty new to the site too and I've gotten a few replies to my posts - all have been very compassionate and helpful. I commend you on taking some action. Just remember that just because you are overweight doesn't make you a bad person. There are more of us out there than there are of the "Barbies" of the world. If I can be of any help, let me know. Hang in there and good for you for joining in!

LKBHouston
Thanks for your positive feedback! When I logged in this am, I didn't expect to see any replies! You're right that being fat doesn't make me a bad person, but what it does, is since I'm unhappy with myself, I am not the person I used to be. I don't want to go anywhere with my husband--we used to go dancing a lot. I must admit, he has never said anything negative about my weight. Thank goodness, because that would make me feel worse!
Old 02-25-2007, 08:22 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyD View Post
Hello, I too am new to the group but so far I must say its been the best decision I've made after deciding to lose weight again. VERY supportive, and the progress pics are motivating. I too was looking into Alli but like you I'm afraid of the side effects. Good Luck! Keep us posted on your progress.
Thanks! I'll keep you informed about the Xenical. What I've read about it so far is that if you overeat fat the side effects occur. So, that's good. I went to Bennigans a couple of nights ago, and what do they offer? FAT loaded stuff. (It's OK to eat fat, just not too much). I did take my med before I ate the Country Fried Chicken salad, and I was scared to death that I would need to run to the bathroom later (We were headed to my daughter's violin performance at school--that would not have been good!lol) To make a long story short, it did not affect me in a bad way. So I'm thinking that taking the drug is a mind thing too......in a way.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:25 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
Hi Ladies:

Yes, there are more of us than some people realize. Just the other night, a young man was trying to describe a lady to me and all he could say was "She was big, you know, very large." And I said, "and ... what else? There are a lot of big ladies in this world!" LOL!

I know that you will like it here; I haven't been here long myself, but I love it already! Your moniker struck me ... Fedup; that's exactly how I felt just over a year ago, when I started this journey again. But this time, I want it to be the last time; I want be healthy and feel good for the rest of my life.

Glad you joined us ~ a fellow encourager ... Rosebud. ~
Thanks
One of the things that I deal with is my height (5'0"). To some people, 180 pounds is ok, but for me, it's obese!
Old 02-25-2007, 09:39 AM   #8  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Yup, it's obese. But take heart! You can change that! you really can!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote