Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-18-2007, 07:46 PM   #1  
Groovin 4 a small planet

S/C/G: 2002: 205/129 Now: 155/144/125

Height: 5'4

Talking My intro...

I figured I needed to post an intro here. I am a lifelong fattie turned gym rat skinny crazy girl turned chubby girl...Original starting weight was 205, I got down to 129 relatively quickly, and now I am at 146 after a new start at 155. I am finally looking at eating well as a Way Of Life as opposed to a diet that will enable me eat whatever I want when I hit goal (no such plan).

First name (if you want to tell): Jaime
Geographical location: Virginia, but I am a born and bred Jersey girl at heart
Marital Status: live in sin with BF of 7 years
Children/Ages: none
Pets: 4 year old Lab/Hound mix, pure pile of doggy love (Linus) and a black tiger kitty who thinks he is a Great Dane dog (Lucas), both rescued.
Hobbies/Interests: volunteering, blogging, grassroots organizations, huge news junkie, politics junkie (I know the rules, I won't go "there" here ), music (BIG Phish phan/jamband music phan ), being outdoors, animals, making my own clothes, cooking, wine, beer, wine, beer, and oh, I REALLY LOVE WINE!
Height: 5'4"
Eye/Hair Color: green-hazel/light brown eys and brownish red hair, natural
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This current journey-January 27, 2007. I started the BIG PLAN on February 8, 2002 and went from 205 to 129 in less than 9 months. I became a gym addict with borderline eating disorders and TONS of head issues, and once I calmed down and got it together I gained back 26 over the next 3 and a half years. I went from an 18 to a 4 back to a 10/12, and I would prefer to be a 6/8 and SANS all of the muscles I had before (Note-yes, weight training is GREAT, but anyone who says "women don't get bulky" has never met me). I am now on my second journey, and I am so happy with the "slow and steady wins the race" attitude. I should have known before that because it came off so fast, it would go back on that fast. Well, we all live and learn, right?
Starting Weight: This time, 155
Present Weight: 146
Goal Weight: 125, perhaps 120. I tend to look very thin in the face and collarbone area, so we will have to see.
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My BF is 5'7" and can eat anything and everything and stays underweight (118). I hate depriving him of pizza 3 nights a week, but he seems to be happy with my cooking. I tweak his plates, and he sometimes gets take out on his own, so we do ok. My biggest problem is drinking. I love wine and dark beer, and I totally admit to drinking too much. What can I say; I am Polish and Irish, I have a high tolerance and I LOVE drinkin'!
Following any specific plan: South Beach Diet and exercise!!
What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I did it for my man (we were long distance for a year, he fell in love with me fat and I wanted to make sure he stuck around), my mom, my dad, my friends, my sister, a teacher I was determined to "get back at" and a bunch of other people that weren't ME. Now, I am doing it for me, and I refuse to fail and I refuse to let it get me down. I am embracing a WAY OF LIFE, I am NOT on a diet.
Anything else you would like to share with us: I think men should have to wear speedos all the time. It's not fair that we have to show our inner and outer thighs and they don't.

I am so happy to be here! Cheers to all and good luck!

Last edited by JaimePhan; 02-18-2007 at 10:48 PM.
JaimePhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Welcome, you did it before, you can do it again. Good luck on keeping it off.
It will happen.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:11 PM   #3  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Jaime!

This site is so great for encouragement, motivation and support. You have done so good with losing your weight from starting at 205!! You know you can do it again, but atleast you've got a hold on it this time before you got back up to 205!!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:38 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Jaime,

Good for you for making a decision to have a WAY OF LIFE instead of a short-term diet solution. Been there, done that, wore out the T shirt. Glad to have you on board!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:09 PM   #5  
Groovin 4 a small planet

S/C/G: 2002: 205/129 Now: 155/144/125

Height: 5'4

Thanks, all! I know, when that scale hit 155 (160 right after the holidays, but it was gone by the time I got serious on 1/27/07) I just forced myself to have a long talk with me. I'll be honest, another reason I got serious is bc I looked down at my belly one day and saw the first red/purple coming into an old white stretch mark. I knew it was time to get it together.

This place is AMAZING and I am so happy to be here! Good luck to all of us!!!!
JaimePhan is offline   Reply With Quote