Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-12-2007, 09:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up Hello from New York State

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for several months now and finally got myself registered.

I am 5'6" and weigh 170. My weight has been fluctuating between 165 and 175 for the last 2 to 3 years. I have had to lose weight several times in my life, but this time I am really getting sick of trying. In the past I have always managed to lose 15 to 20 pounds easily and keep it off. I remember my very first diet at the age of 20. It was "my own", and it worked really well. Next at the age of 25 I did slim fast, and it worked great again. Next at the age of 38 I did WW, and it worked great again, I even got recognized for losing 15. Yay.

I met my second husband a few years ago. We went to a lot of restaurants. I am 43 now. My husband and his children have no weight issues. The kids even eat a lot of sugar. I exercise with my rottie a lot and go hiking. I have a gym membership, but don't go regularly. I would say I exercise maybe 4 hours a week. I also have an active job , housecleaning. We buy mostly organic. I lost 10 with WW and gained 5 back. I also have tried atkins and my own but I just can't get below 165.

So the latest is I bought some meridia. I am willing to take the risks rather than be 30 pounds over weight. I would like to weigh 140 or less. Yes, I've researched it and it seems like its worth trying.

I know part of the problem is trouble with addictions.

So I figure starting tomorrow, cut back or eliminate addictions, take meridia, use slim fast, healthy food, smaller portions and more exercise, even if I can get to 160 that should at least get me back on track.

-Elaine
rosemarie0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:34 PM   #2  

welcome welcome! I too hail from new york...and props on getting to your diet goals and aspirations. I'm not familiar with meridia...is it a type of diet pill?
Bean87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:52 PM   #3  
Token Vulcan

How cool is this? Three New Yorkers here in this thread...Elaine, Elle and Ellie!

Hey from New Yawk City!
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome! You've come to the right place for inspiration, tips and help. Tell us a little more about what you like to eat and do for exercise and we'll help you find some threads where you'll feel right at home.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the replies.

Day two on meridia, I think it is pretty strong stuff, thankfully I didn't
go back to my 175 TOM weight. I was 169 this morning. I also exercised almost every day this week, and am having two slimfasts a day and a couple of snacks and a main meal at night. I am getting PMS really bad. My chest becomes painful and heavy and I can see the weight in my face. I wonder if I can take medicine for this? I have to go to the doctor.

For exercise I like to hike, jog, (getting back in to it after recent knee surgery)
I actually was up to six miles and was running races a year a go. I will be going on a ski trip in a couple weeks. I also go to the gym and work on the cybex,
treadmill and weights. I plan on at least try to increase these workouts. and I like to horseback ride, swim, and hike with my rottweiler, Damien.

In the eating department, I do some things right. I don't eat any fast food and I don't eat anything fried. I eat mostly natural food. I think my major problem is too many drinks at night and too large a portion at night. I also am recently remarried and I have to cook for my husband and stepson. That is a problem. If I just ate a lean cuisine or salad I would be fine but I have to work and cook around food. And I have a hard time cooking without wine!
I also don't eat many desserts. I also don't like fruit. I usually drink the water every day too.

So any helpful tips or advice for my situation would be great. I think the multiple diets and my age are playing a role, so any advice for jumpstarting my metabolism would be great. I am hoping the meridia will help.

-Elaine
rosemarie0007 is offline   Reply With Quote