Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-12-2007, 12:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/239/170

Height: 5'11"

Default I need to get back on track

A few months before my husband and were engaged in Sept 2004 we started working out and eating better. When we got engaged we really kicked it in to high gear so we could look good for the wedding. We got married in June 2005. Since then I have gained back about 10 pounds. Every Sunday night I tell myself that this is going to be the week that I get back on track and it never happens. This has been going on for way too long. I saw the article in O magazine and thought this might be a good way to get going again.

My husband and I met at work and continue to work together. We both have very stressful jobs and deal with the stress by going out to eat after a long hard day at work. He is really good about working out in the morning and then at lunch or after work with me (when I go). I used to lift weights three times a week and then cardio three times a week. Sundays were resting days.

I hate dragging myself to the gym. I always know that I will feel better once I am done with my workout, but just getting there is a big problem.

I better get to bed. I'm glad I signed up for the website today. I feel like I am doing the right thing.
K G B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:14 PM   #2  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello and Welcome to 3FC!
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome! You have done the right thing. You've come to the place for inspiration, tips and help. Tell us a little more about what you like to eat and do for exercise and we'll help you find some threads where you'll feel right at home.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:11 AM   #4  

KGB -- I bet you can get yourself going -- especially with a husband who sounds really helpful and understanding. Just take a few small steps, get back to the gym and it will all fall into place The hardest part is getting going but once you are comfortable and in a routine, it will settle in. And, if you have to go out to eat after work -- I'm sure there are things on the menus you can find that fit into what you want to eat to get healthy. Everyone has so many obstacles with our busy lives -- but check out the goals threads and some before and after photos -- it will really give you a boost to get going. Good luck!!

SusanB -- you have been busy this morning! So very nice of you -- have a great day!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Welcome, you have come to the right place. I write down what I eat and my exercise in fitday.com. It has really helped me in the last 5 weeks. It is a great place to read and reply. I have learned so much about weight loss in the last weeks. I don't take what I read and do it. I then research. When I first came to this site I had read YOU by Oz and Roizen. I still follow some of the basic principles, but now I read Superfoods and I'm on a whole foods approach. Good luck.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 317/239/170

Height: 5'11"

Smile

Thank you so much for the replies! Your words are very encouraging. My husband and I have been to the gym twice in two days. That is really good for me. I usually go once and then get tired of it.

Here are some of my food habits:
2 turkey sausage links for breakfast
frozen lean cuisine or weight watchers meal @ lunch
fat free triscuits with natural skippy peanut butter for snack
dinner is the tough part - my husband loves nachos (as do I). He always talks about making them at home, but haven't really tried it. Any suggestions?

Again, thanks for all of your kind words of encouragement.

Kara
K G B is offline   Reply With Quote