Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-11-2007, 09:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/202/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Just found this forum ... Hello, all!

Looks like a good board!

I'm in Chicago, I'm over 40 (like 11 years over it, but "over 40" is my age for the next few decades, I've decided), and I started WW at the first of the year. So far am down just about 15 pounds, and have another 30 to go. Being over 40 and an ex-smoker have helped me to gain those pounds over the last few years, and I'm determined to stop it now!

My posting name is a reference to my dogs, who have given me something of a reputation in the neighborhood (I have 4 of my own and a permanent senior foster and I do some rescue work too).
CrazyDogLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:15 PM   #2  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello and Welcome to 3FC!!
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/158/135

Height: 67 inches

Hey Crazy Dog Lady... I am a bit of a nut too when it comes to my dogs.
Looking forward to meeting new friends!
Annieboot3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/158/135

Height: 67 inches

Thanks!!!!!
Annieboot3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/152/137

Height: 5'4

Hi Welcome,

I'm also over 40 and new to this board! I grew up in Chicago but have lived in TN for about 15 years (14 too long LOL). Although I have to admit, I don't miss the snow and cold as much anymore.

good luck on your journey.

What kind of dogs do you have?

mary
Stampin Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 07:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 176.5 /160 /126

Height: 5' 1"

Hi crazy dog lady. I am a WW also (A very inconsistent one) and own a very smart border collie...(It's typing this for me at the moment...)
Dolores Claibourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/202/170

Height: 5'10"

All five are Shelties, and I do some work for the local Sheltie rescue. Two of mine came from there -- they're old guys who wound up homeless and I couldn't resist their faces. My other 3 I've raised from puppies. They're 5, 8, and 9 now and still really active. I do some dog sports with them.

Some day I'll have a BC, but not when I have so many dogs! I'd probably get a BC from a rescue.

Winter weather -- we've got it! Just got out of the deep freeze, it will be up to 25 today, but now we're getting 4-6" of snow. Could be worse, could be upstate New York -- NINE FEET of snow?!?!

I'm in week 6 of WW and so far I'm good with it. Two big reasons: my sister is going also, so we're giving each other support and making incentive bets (first one to lose 10 pounds gets a spa treatment gift card from the other, that kind of stuff), and the WW group leader at my meeting is terrific. He's lost over 100 pounds on WW and kept it off for 5 years and now he's a marathon runner. He does a super job of making the meetings fun and keeping the energy level high. I think that's key.

Thanks, all!
CrazyDogLady is offline   Reply With Quote