Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-13-2007, 10:04 PM   #1  
NurseBettie

S/C/G: 245/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Here I go again...

Hi Everybody,

I woke up this morning feeling like crap, as usual, and decided this would be the day that I get my butt back on track. This will be my third attempt at major weight loss over the last 10 years. I've succeeded twice before, losing 80 lbs. both times, but always let the weight creep back on. I've struggled with my weight all my life, and frankly, I'm just tired of being fat and tired!

I made the call! Tomorrow I go for a consultation at a weight loss clinic. It's the low-carb thing again, which has worked for me in the past, although obviously I haven't been successful with the maintenance part of the plan. I don't have much patience for the slower methods of weight loss. I need that instant gratification thing, I guess! lol I immediately felt better after I called. There's nothing like taking some action to help me feel in control again.

I'm looking for some online pals to help keep me motivated, and hope to be able to motivate others in return. There's strength in numbers, right!?!

Tricia
NurseBettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 170cm

Thumbs up Welcome!

and !!

This site is the -best- ever for support! All the girls here are so positive, and everyone is ready to give you advice if you need it.

If there's anything you need, just ask. It seems like there is always at least one person that's seen it/done it/tried it before.

Good luck, and good onya for giving it another go!

Kylie
Elerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:17 PM   #3  
NurseBettie

Thanks Kylie! It's really encouraging to read all the posts from people going through the same thing. Makes me feel not quite so alone.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:26 PM   #4  

Default Let's try this again...

What can I say? I am totally a newbie to this blogging world...guess I should let my daughters help me out...How many attempts can I count? Well a hint is that my name should be Scarlett...tomorrow is another day...that always feels so good! I started at a weight loss program at an academic medical center where I work because it has a counseling component...I have learned, slowly, what I really crave and it is not food! It is approval...I hope to be able to bear my soul here and get some good feedback to move me along. I have lost weight in the past and it seems that a daily weigh in keeps me out of trouble as does eating every few hours. I am going to try the Medifast 5 and 1 plan, because I will not have to think about what I eat too much and I am very busy and stressed right now. Thanks for listening!
nelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:31 PM   #5  
NurseBettie

Hi Nelle,
I'm new to this too. Keep trying...you'll get the hang of it.
I'm starting a low-carb plan tomorrow through a clinic. They also have the counseling component, which I think is really important. The daily weigh-ins help me too. Keeps me accountable.
You can do it! Good luck!
Old 02-13-2007, 11:51 PM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

Nelle and NurseBettie

We've all fallen off the diet wagon umpteen times before, we all get back on and try again ... This site has been my saviour though, I've been a member for 5 years now and it's this site that keeps me honest and accountable when I do badly and when I do good I get the I need...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote