Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-24-2007, 11:06 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 6

Default MN newlywed weight

Hi, my name is Mandi and I am new here, looking for a person or a few people to team up with for support. I have aol instant messanger.
I reached my highest ever at new years... 306. I have lost 9 pounds this month already. My biggest frustration is that when I met my now husband a few years ago I had just lost 53 pounds by counting calories. Since we started dating and got married I have gained it all back and more My husband and I both started a diet on Jan. 1st and I'm happy with my progress but he's lost about 15 pounds already. He eats more than I do, he works out less and its really frustrating!!! So I just thought it would be good to get support from someone outside of my house. I am currently eating 1800 - 2000 calories a day, which is a drastic change from what I was eating before I started dieting. I am doing 30 minutes of cardio three times a week. i plan on eating less calories and adding weight training, but didn't want to go too overboard to start out with because I know I'd want to quit if I over did it. My overall goal is to be 200 pounds before we start having children... Let me know if you need a buddy!
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Also looking for a buddy

I also just got married. Both my husband and I are overweight. I keep trying to get him to help me (and himself) but he is not as gung-ho as I need to be. I would love if we could be buddies and encourage each other.
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Mandi,

We have a lot in common. My husband is also dieting with me as of Jan. 1. Last year I did it on my own. He has lost more than me as well...men always lose faster. I am also trying to lose weight to have another baby. I have a 5-year-old son and when I got pregnant with him I was about the same weight I am now...I am just now back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I had a lot of complications...high blood pressure, borderline toxemia, and had to have an emergency c-section so I don't want to go through all that again and risk my health of the health of my baby. My goal is to get under 200 before the summer and to lose enough by next fall 2008 to start trying for another child. I am 31 now so I don't want to wait too long.
MelodyAM75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Well gee, guys,
Is it ok if I don't want to have children?
I applaud you both for such a noble undertaking - and it seems like having a child would be a great motivator for both of you.
I would like to get healthy though. That's why I'm here. I'm pretty new to doing things like this internet stuff, so if someone wants to share first, I'll contribute whatever I can.
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'4

Default Ditto

When I met my husband I weighed a comfortable 145lbs. He's a big guy he loves to eat ... I love to cook and eat!

Over the course of our relationship I gained 30lbs. We will celebrate our 2nd anniversary in Feb. and we have both gotten bigger and bigger (he's gained almost 50lbs)

It's hard because he doesn't seem to care...He still feels good .and still wants to eat and eat..thinks I still look sexy...but I'm disgusted by how I look and feel.

He says he will support me ...but that "a few extra pounds" is not a big deal to him.

I would love to partner up and share tips on how to get nonchalant spouses more on board with the plan.
Clickme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:01 PM   #6  

When I met my husband I was 150 and now have topped the scale at 256 (what happened??). He has gained about 30 since we got married but only seems to notice the weight I've gained. He isn't interested in losing but I want to get back to at least 190 (my wedding weight) -- I just feel like I looked okay then and now I feel like I just don't look like anything special. Can I join in with you? I have two kids, so we are DONE!! But, I understand how you feel -- I was actually thrilled that I was so sick with my second that I lost 30 lbs at the beginning of the pregnancy, because it meant the 40 I gained later on didn't put me over 300!! Funny way how we play around with our weight.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote