Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-25-2007, 02:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/173/140

Height: 5'6''

Default 17 yrs. Old and Trying to lose 25-30 lbs

Hi! I'm new here...over the past eight years of my life (which back then, I was about 10 yrs old)...I've been trying to lose weight. I'm Asian...and usually it is suppose to mean that I should have the perfect little petite body envious of all women. Psh.

I'm a senior in high school. I'm about 5'5-'6'' and I weigh 174 lb. People think I weigh around 140-150...but actually, that is my desired weight. I am sick of being not obese, but overweight. The weight I've gained increased steadily and thank god, I have no stretch marks of any sort.

I guess losing that much weight is a lot...but I want to be in the healthy range as so my BMI says.

I'm open to all diets. I just want to make a permanent change now. I want to lose it all (or most of it) by May or June. I want to look good for prom and what not.

If anyone would like to be my diet buddy or something...let me know. Or any help in general is great.

By the way, I go to the gym four-five times a week. I eclipse 5 miles and bike 7 miles. Usually my fat turns into muscle...I know muscle is good, but it's harder for me to burn off the pounds on the scale.

thanks!
ritahayworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:44 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 10"

You're going to find some really inspirational people around here! Everyone is super nice and supportive. You might want to check out the " 20-somethings" group, even though you're 17, a lot of us over there are going through some of the same stuff as you
I'm glad you're here.
Aquanetrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:55 AM   #3  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

OMG!! I sooooooo could use a diet buddy! But I need someone who will stick it there and log on like everyday to email..
Interested? PM ME PLEASE!!

WELCOME TO 3FC!
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/205/120 PREGNANT!

Thumbs up

Hey Ms. Hayworth :P heheh
Welcome to 3FC! It is good you want to make healthy changes at such a young age. One thing I want you to know, is that fat does not "turn into muscle." They are not the same tissue. you might be losing fat and then gaining muscle, but one cannot turn into the other. As far as the weight goes, go by how you look and how your clothes fit! Muscle is a lot more lean and compact so, in theory, you should be able to wear smaller clothes at a higher weight of muscle than a higher weight of fat. I suggest poking around the exercise and nutrition forums (as well as all the rest!). Start slow and set small goals. Make changes that you can stick with for the rest of your life, because as we get older, our metabolisms slow down. Again, welcome! And that is so awesome you are already accustomed to working out! That is the hardest part for most of us!

susan
suddenly susan is offline   Reply With Quote