Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-23-2007, 04:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/140/125

Height: 5'6

Default new to this site and to dieting

I found this website looking for weight loss support. I think something like this will help me quite a bit. I discourgaed pretty easy so I need a little extra something to keep me going. I am on my first real diet to lose weight. I have gained about 12 pounds this past year and none of my jeans fit anymore. My boyfriend noticed that I have gained weight and I finally got motivated enough to do something about it. I started on Friday 1-19 with slim fast and exercise. It is going well so far except that slim fast does not fill me up at all. I am starving even with eating the snacks between meals. I went to the gym today and weighed myself and the scale said that I lost two pounds. I do not know if that is "real" weight or water weight or whatever. Today I was so hungry that I decieded to eat real food for lunch. I was able to eat 2 eggs and 2 slices of turkey bacon and a salad. All of that has less calories than the slim fast plus lunch plan. I think I would rather eat food and just watch the calories carefully. My goal is to get down to 125 and it seems like it is going to be tough.

Last edited by Csmith7; 01-23-2007 at 04:21 PM. Reason: typo
Csmith7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:21 PM   #2  

This is probably one of the best sites ever! No matter how much you want to lose, there's a place for everyone!

I think you're on the right path with exercise. I know I couldn't do SlimFast. I'd be WAY too hungry. I agree with you, eating real food and counting calories is the better way to go...for me, anyway.

A site a lot of people, including myself use is www.fitday.com You can track your daily intake there and you should be able to customize the SlimFast shake info on the site.

Good luck
simone1ca is offline   Reply With Quote