Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-22-2007, 04:02 PM   #1  
Maria

S/C/G: 130/130/115

Height: 5'3"

Default Hi from Texas....

Hello everyone.....from Texas here....hope everyone is doing well. I have decided to start losing weight. Yeah, yeah, I know, everyone says that, and it sounds easy, but it's hard! My hardest part is finding recipes that are easy to fix without having to run to the grocery store every other day. Does anyone have any suggestions for websites or recipes they'd like to share? My hubby is doing it with me as well, and so far he's sticking to it. This is actually the first diet he is sticking to! I am so proud of him. He wants to lose 50 lbs, I would like to lose 10-15 lbs. So far things are working out, but seems like I am always cooking! Help! Well, everyone have a wonderful evening! And....send those recipes! Thanks a bunch!
SmilesFromTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Cooking light has some great and easy recipes.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

There are lots of great recipes in the forums.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:34 PM   #4  
Baby steps

S/C/G: 280/270/160

Height: 5'8"

There are lots of recipes here on 3FC that I've found to be quick and easy. I find that I utilize my crock pot a lot, especially when it's cold out like it is now. The night before, I can throw some low-sodium veggie stock, some sliced chicken tenders and some veggies in the crockpot, and maybe a little rice if I feel like it. Then all I have to worry about is maybe a salad and some fruit.
Wildfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:08 AM   #5  
Maria

S/C/G: 130/130/115

Height: 5'3"

Thanks a bunch ladies.....I did some roaming around on the forums and found a lot of great recipes. I am running to the grocery store tomorrow to stock up on my ingredients and start some smart cooking! Can't wait to make some of the recipes I've found!
SmilesFromTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:22 AM   #6  
pepper3

S/C/G: 208/204/130

Height: 5'2

Happy to hear you are starting together,it is better to have someone so close to you to buddy up with.
pepper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:16 AM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

You're off to a good start. One of the things that I find helpful is making a menu for a week and then going to the grocery store. that way you know what you're going to need. Don't forget to add some healthy snacks to the menu. It really doesn't have to be that hard. When you get home prep the vegetables. It really saves a lot of time.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Check www.allrecipes.com and www.recipezar.com. I only shop once per week. I make out my menus for dinner and then make my list for dinner ingredients plus whatever I need for breakfast and lunches to pack for work.
MelodyAM75 is offline   Reply With Quote