Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-16-2007, 02:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/260/150

Default New with a Question

Hello all -

I am sure that this has been answered in the past, but there are an awful lot of posts to sort through to find the answer.

Does anyone know, or know where I can find the proper methods of taking measurements?

I met with a trainer once who was actually still in school and she was very detailed in where the tape measure was for each measurement. Unfortunetly she is no longer at that gym (of course, neither am I) but I figure someone must have this information. I have tried to search online with no results.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steffy
steffy2332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:43 PM   #2  

SORRY I can not help you with your question.. I probably will never find this thread again.. BUT IF YOU do, perhaps you can use the search tool... GOOD LUCK
Stress Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:04 PM   #3  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm a newbie too Measurements are a pain in the butt... I'm not totally sure, but when I looked online I always found directions to measure the largest part of the bust, the largest part of the hips, and the smallest part of the waist, about 1-2 inches above your belly button. That seems to be the consensus on sites talking about clothing measurements, at least. At any rate, since the change is what's really important, I guess if you're consistent it doesn't matter TOO terribly much where exactly you measure. Welcome!
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:09 PM   #4  
Git 'R dun!

S/C/G: 184/162/140

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome Steffy 2332! I am new too...and from your neck of the woods as well...I live in Florida now though...Originally from Ithaca...
brattkid2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:38 PM   #5  

http://www.my-calorie-counter.com/Ta...asurements.asp

I hope that helps!
simone1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:08 AM   #6  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Great site - one caveat,though, the bust measurements they recommend, while great for dieting, will give you a different figure than your average clothing bust measurement - for those you DO measure around the fullest part of the breast.
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 268/260/150

Simone -

Thank you very much. That is exactly what I was looking for. At least with that and the fact that I will be the one doing it, I should have more consistant measurements each time.

Thanks,
Steph
steffy2332 is offline   Reply With Quote