Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 166.8/159.4/125

Height: 5 ft 3-1/2 in

Talking I am new to this site! My story....

Hi! My name is Kris and I am a mom of 2 boys (Chris is 9-1/2 and Joe is 7) and I am married to a wonderful guy! We have been happily married for 9 years in August. I have had a weight issue all of my life. I was in a size 18 when I got married in 1998...my poor hubby had never seen me at a healthy weight before! Then a year after we were married, I had Joe and then more weight was added. Through the years (until 2005) I managed to pile on more weight until I reached a horrible 250 pounds

I found that I had/have hypothyroidism. I am 32 years old, but am in menopause due to a hysterectomy and I have various joint issues. I am not trying to give a sob story, please believe me! I have a great story! My dad told me about the 6 week body make over and I ordered and tried it. I began July 23, 2005 and in 10 months time I had lost 120 pounds! Praise God!

I am back now because thru the summer and holidays I put back on some weight. Slacking here and there wasn't bad when I was "living lean", but I got totally derailed from my track and emotionally ate (bad bad bad ) and then I broke my elbow (am still in a brace that locks me in at 90 degree angle until February 5th) January 1 I started back on plan and have lost 7 pounds! This plan works so well.

My frustration will be not losing as fast as before because I have less to lose, but that is ok. I know that I will be healthy. Also, I will not be able to lift weights for a while....this hurts as I LOVE to weight train with hubby, but I will roll with the punches and overcome each challenge no matter how long it takes.

I hope to make some new friends here!
mammawhirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Kris! You might find some great inspiration with us over in the Featherweights area.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote