Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-08-2007, 05:40 PM   #1  
Hardworking Chick

S/C/G: 334/321.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Cool Happy New Year (one week later ...)

Greetings all! I am new to this board but discovered the website last year. Happy 2007 to all you chicks hoping to make this year a healthier one. My New Year's Resolution has always included a weight-loss category, but this year I decided to really make a dedicated effort. Of course, that lasted all of 48 hours, and then I promptly fell off the wagon. However, I did keep one committment - to do a weekly walk with one of my neighbors. We both agreed to meet once a week and walk for about a mile. I know that if I do nothing else but keep that promise, at least I will have done more than I did last year.

Anyway, on to a new week, and hopefully new diet regime. Going to try a modified version of the South Beach diet (no bread, but yes fruit) and hope it works. The good news is I am down 3 pounds from last week. So, one can always hope.

Sorry for the long post. Good luck to all you chicks in 2007.
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Welcome booklover!! This is a great place!

Lots of us find a number of "homes" at 3fc... you may want to check out the 300+ forum -- it's a place for those of us who understand the unique issues faced by people who have a lot of weight to lose.

You'll see a bunch of numbered threads "300+ and ready to try...again" This is where most of the chatter around here takes place. It can be a little intimidating at first, as we keep about 400 conversations in the air at once, but really feel free to jump in. We don't bite, and we support each other through everything!

There are a few threads stickied to the top you might want to look at, including the "newbies" info, some great links for getting started, and a place for introducing yourself if you're interested. Check them out!!!!

Also, if you're interested in starting exercise, there's an exercise thread stickied at the top of the page. We try to set goals of MINUTES of exercise per month (the exercise is up to you -- lifting cans a million times per Catherine's suggestion would work!). Then we post our exercise and also track the group minutes. Last year we got close to 200,000 minutes of exercise and I hope we go over this year!!!

Feel free to check it out if you're interested.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #3  
Hardworking Chick

S/C/G: 334/321.4/125

Default Happy New Year - One Year Later

Hello dear chicks,

Well it has been almost a year since my very first post. As I look back at 2007 in reflection, I have mixed feelings. I initially made some very good progress - losing 42 pounds within 4 months. But then I hit a few stumbling blocks (don't we all?) and fell back in to bad habits. In short, I regained 30 lbs.

I had two surgeries last year, which, while not major, prevented me from exercising - a key component of my weightloss program. While my stitches healed, my doctors told me that I could not do my walking or other aerobics exercises because it would interfere with the healing and might pull the stitches. Between the two surgeries, I was unable to do my workouts for three months.

Work continued to keep me extremely busy throughout 2007, making it hard to plan meals and fit in exercise regularly. You know the excuses -- it's such a cliche. However, I take full responsibility and accept all the blame. It is no one's fault but my own. I chose not to follow my program after my body had healed, and I did not try to find other exercises to do in the meantime. I did not follow my food program. And the pounds came back on one by one. As I faced Christmas and New Years having gained back nearly 20 of those pounds, I basically gave up.

After a difficult year, and regaining nearly 30 lbs I am trying ONCE MORE to get back on the wagon. Today the scale read 304 lbs and I cried to see the number that high - an old familiar. I take a small comfort in knowing that I did not put back ALL the weight I lost in 2007. And, I am committed to losing it -- and more -- this year. I am setting up a regular exercise plan again, and I am trying to eat better as I used to. I'm also keeping healthy snacks within an arm's reach at work -- a place not conducive to healthy habits.

It is an arduous journey, but it must be done. All I can do is try. Wish me better luck in 2008.
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:28 PM   #4  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back! Well, you know you can do it because you did it before. Hopefully you won't have the surgery issues this year, and you also know what your stumbling blocks were so that now you can be better prepared to deal with them. The important thing isn't how long it takes to reach our goals, just that we make it in the end!
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Welcome back... now you just have to keep returning!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote