Old 03-01-2024, 04:32 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Spring/Summer 2024 - IP/IPA

Hello,

Wanted to start a new thread going into Spring!
cactusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 05:37 PM   #2  

Hello,

Struggling - but not giving up! Having difficulty finding support groups, but I will keep trying! Doing a restart tomorrow - 3/19/2024! I have been getting a lot of steps in, so that helps. Take care.
Old 04-01-2024, 12:28 PM   #3  

Default Here for it! Just restarted

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusblossom View Post
Hello,

Wanted to start a new thread going into Spring!
I just restarted after having my 2nd baby. On day 3!
JssIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 06:32 PM   #4  

Hello!

I am so sorry - I have been offline and out of touch for a while. Getting on plan tomorrow! (4/10/2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 12:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

It has been a hot minute since I have been around these parts, but I am here for a mini reboot. I started on 4/1/24, so I am actually on Day 12 and have committed to the month of April for P1. I was here back in "the day" in that time frame of 2011-2014 and had great success with IP. Since then, it has been some ups and downs (with lots of different ways of maintaining and losing!) but I restarted on 4/1 as I was sitting about 10# over what I like to be at. I am not doing true IP, but am using alternative items and using plant based proteins as I have found over the years that whey and casein just DO NOT agree with me.

I am shocked at how well this program works. I completely forgot how effective it is when you stick to it. I honestly haven't done IP or IPA since 2016, so I had a looooonnng break from this lifestyle. Maybe that is why is working so well, because maybe my body "forgot" ? Anyway, my progress has been amazing; since 4/1 I am down 7#, so only 3 more until I hit my goal. I know things will slow down, but at least I am back to a place where I feel comfortable and my clothes feel better. I am hoping that by the end of April that those 3# will be gone and I will be back to my happy weight.

Anyway, I know that there isn't a lot of activity here any more, but this is my "IP Home" and where I always will default to. I hope this will be inspiration for anyone who decides to pop in!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 04:22 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
It has been a hot minute since I have been around these parts, but I am here for a mini reboot. I started on 4/1/24, so I am actually on Day 12 and have committed to the month of April for P1. I was here back in "the day" in that time frame of 2011-2014 and had great success with IP. Since then, it has been some ups and downs (with lots of different ways of maintaining and losing!) but I restarted on 4/1 as I was sitting about 10# over what I like to be at. I am not doing true IP, but am using alternative items and using plant based proteins as I have found over the years that whey and casein just DO NOT agree with me.

I am shocked at how well this program works. I completely forgot how effective it is when you stick to it. I honestly haven't done IP or IPA since 2016, so I had a looooonnng break from this lifestyle. Maybe that is why is working so well, because maybe my body "forgot" ? Anyway, my progress has been amazing; since 4/1 I am down 7#, so only 3 more until I hit my goal. I know things will slow down, but at least I am back to a place where I feel comfortable and my clothes feel better. I am hoping that by the end of April that those 3# will be gone and I will be back to my happy weight.

Anyway, I know that there isn't a lot of activity here any more, but this is my "IP Home" and where I always will default to. I hope this will be inspiration for anyone who decides to pop in!
Hello!

So glad to see your post! I have seen some of your past posts and they are very encouraging! Its so great that you have so little to lose and you are doing an awesome job!

I am here today because I am having such a difficult time getting back on plan. But I will take your post as a sign for me to get going! I have been walking daily quite a bit but my eating has not been good at all. But thinking tomorrow is the day to do this! I would love some company and I know that is part of my problem because it is so quiet here. But either way I need to do it so I will post more often and daily if I can!! Thank you again for your post.
Old 04-17-2024, 03:00 PM   #7  

Hi again -

Just wanted to check in and say I got started today! Yay!

Jennydoodle - I hope you check in. Its nice to have some company!!
Old 04-18-2024, 08:57 AM   #8  

Good morning! Checking in on my reboot. I am down another #, so 8 total since 4/1. I am beyond thrilled with these results and am still blown away by how effective this program is when you stick to it. Now, I haven't been perfect; I had a few days here and there where I ate a little off plan, but for the most part, I am sticking to the plan I laid out for myself and it is working.

When I decided to commit to April, I wasn't really sure what my results would be. I knew back when I did IP for the very first time, I lost 10# in the 1st month, but I was also a lot heavier and had a lot more to lose. So I wasn't expecting those kind of results, but was hoping for 5-ish and I have beyond exceeded my expectations. I am feeling "normal" again and am comfortably wearing my clothes, which honestly, was the biggest motivator for me. I got rid of the majority of my larger sizes and invested in a really (really) nice wardrobe which I refuse to let go to waste. So when those beautiful pieces started to not feel good, I knew I had to do something to jumpstart myself.

Cactusblossom, I hope your day 1 went well! The first few days is always like riding a high . The scale starts dropping, you start losing water weight and inflammation and it feels really good. Stick with it!
Old 04-19-2024, 02:45 PM   #9  

Hello!

Day 3 and doing good!

Jennydoodle - so glad you are here! Its nice to have company! Hope you are doing well. I will check in over the weekend.

Take care
Old 04-19-2024, 03:30 PM   #10  

Cactusblossom- glad your doing well. Stringing those first few days together is critical!

I'm still plugging away. I am going to have an off week next week so I am not sure how compliant I will be. But I feel ok about it because I am in a much better place now and I know that as soon as next week is over, I will be right back on and working to get to my goal.
Old 04-21-2024, 05:09 PM   #11  

JennyDoodle - thank you! It seems once I get those first few days on track, I am good! Hope you have a good week ahead.

I wanted to ask - I saw that you were an exerciser in the past, are you still exercising and does it work out OK with your food plan? I only ask because I have become an avid walker. I started in February and just kept going! I am averaging between 20,000-25,000 steps a day. Do you think I should add an unrestricted packet to my day? I am feeling OK/

Thanks so much and keep up the great work!!