Old 06-10-2021, 02:01 PM   #1  
IP Round #3: 6/28/2021

S/C/G: 202/190/145

Height: 5'5"/46yo

Default Ideal Protein Summer 2021 Chat Thread (June-August)

Hey IPeeps - it's getting quiet around here - hope everyone has a great day!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Default Iím Baaaaack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Hey IPeeps - it's getting quiet around here - hope everyone has a great day!
Hi Liz
I remember you from my first go around with IP. I used alternatives that time too, and lost 50
pounds in 5 months. I started out woh twenty extra pounds at the beginning of he pandemic, not sure how much Iíve gained because honestly Iím not ready to face the scale.
Also there seems to be more activity on a few Facebook IP groups I follow.
MaMaZu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 12:30 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Hi Liz
I remember you from my first go around with IP. I used alternatives that time too, and lost 50
pounds in 5 months. I started out woh twenty extra pounds at the beginning of he pandemic, not sure how much Iíve gained because honestly Iím not ready to face the scale.
Also there seems to be more activity on a few Facebook IP groups I follow.
YES! I remember back in the "old days" ....lol. Yeah, pandemic wasn't a great time (at least for me) to start a diet - I was almost at the end of my "Round 2" and over 15mo quarantine I wiped out the progress I had made just before lockdown. I'm starting to feel like I'm crawling out of that hole (at least stress-wise) slowly but surely now.

I joined a FB group, but it was pretty unforgiving, and I've needed some grace lately.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:10 PM   #4  

Quote:
YES! I remember back in the "old days" ....lol. Yeah, pandemic wasn't a great time (at least for me) to start a diet - I was almost at the end of my "Round 2" and over 15mo quarantine I wiped out the progress I had made just before lockdown. I'm starting to feel like I'm crawling out of that hole (at least stress-wise) slowly but surely now.

I joined a FB group, but it was pretty unforgiving, and I've needed some grace lately.
yes none of us have lived through a pandemic before, and most of us are here because we use food for comfort. I made a pact with myself early on during lockdown that I would not shame myself for cooking and eating for comfort and that when I was ready I would deal with the weight. . And I actually am very proud of myself that I accomplished that.
I am four weeks back in with IP using all alternatives as I did the first time.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:39 PM   #5  

Thank you for that MaMaZu.... I need to change my mindset to yours - because now I DO feel better at dealing with it than before. I had tried and retried earlier this year, but it was so easy to slip back when it was all still so stressful.
Old 06-28-2021, 03:12 PM   #6  

Well, I'm for real starting Round 3 today! I signed up to do a boot camp for 5 weeks in the mornings at 6am....my second round on IP I actually worked out 3-4x/week, honestly, it wasn't as fast/effective as my first round with no exercise/all IP - but after going through lockdown the community and camaraderie of the group is sorely needed. I'm watching my exertion level and adding in an extra packet and see how my hunger goes. It's Mon, Wed, Fri @ 6am - this is something that should also help with my cutting down my drinking - since I'm waking up at 5/5:30am most days I don't really want to do my wine down at night and exercise does help me sleep better (I've always had problems getting/staying asleep).
I'm going to be posting my WI every Monday - still doing alternatives at home. My clinic is down by my old office and I'm mostly WFH now, so don't want to do that 45min round trip just for a 15-min WI.
Old 07-01-2021, 03:28 PM   #7  

I got 2 big heads of cauliflower, 2 bunches of celery, a red bell pepper, and 6 garlic cloves - roasted them - then blended down with 4 cups of chicken stock w/salt & pepper....Perfection! I have a HUGE pitcher of delicious pureed vegetables. I did take a few big spoonful's before a late lunch date with my husband. That turned out to be great, because I wasn't starving and ordered a responsible blacked salmon with roasted vegetables. There was some balsamic glaze and a "sauce" over the vegetables that probably wasn't 100% legal, but I'm not going to sweat over the small stuff...right now I'm trying to avoid any Big Wine Cheats! I've had none so far in a week, which lately has been a big deal for me. I am feeling good, just need to remember to take my supplements!

I went through the old threads from 2012 and re-reading what "Old LizRR" wrote and trying to get that mojo back! I gave myself my old ideas back - remembering how I used to "big batch" cook (like I did today). I think the big pitcher of vegetable puree will be very handy!

Last edited by LizRR; 07-01-2021 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-01-2021, 07:08 PM   #8  
Started IP 1/29/2013

S/C/G: 194/137/145

Height: 5'2

Quote:
I got 2 big heads of cauliflower, 2 bunches of celery, a red bell pepper, and 6 garlic cloves - roasted them - then blended down with 4 cups of chicken stock w/salt & pepper....Perfection! I have a HUGE pitcher of delicious pureed vegetables. I did take a few big spoonful's before a late lunch date with my husband. That turned out to be great, because I wasn't starving and ordered a responsible blacked salmon with roasted vegetables. There was some balsamic glaze and a "sauce" over the vegetables that probably wasn't 100% legal, but I'm not going to sweat over the small stuff...right now I'm trying to avoid any Big Wine Cheats! I've had none so far in a week, which lately has been a big deal for me. I am feeling good, just need to remember to take my supplements!

I went through the old threads from 2012 and re-reading what "Old LizRR" wrote and trying to get that mojo back! I gave myself my old ideas back - remembering how I used to "big batch" cook (like I did today). I think the big pitcher of vegetable puree will be very handy!
Hey Liz!
I make the ďsoupĒ also with just cauliflower and seasonings and I freeze it and have it for lunch most days with chips. Iíll have to try adding in other veggies too. Iím close to goal and this where I always fail, maintenance. It has to be different this time. I listen to podcasts everyday and this keeps me motivated. Hang in there, you got this!
jelliehel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 07:47 PM   #9  

Quote:

I do something similar but view it more as a cream soup: Sautť my veggies, for instance broccoli and onion, add curry powder, cover with water and bouillon or use stock, simmer and purťe. I also use cauliflower, zucchini or mushrooms. Sometimes add an herb mixture instead of curry powder. I am very happy and satisfied with it.