Old 08-08-2016, 09:54 AM   #1  

Default Soy, Milk? Changes to IP?

Hello,

I recently started eating IP foods again to loose more weight after first doing the diet in 2013. I noticed on the back of the packages it says it contains soy and milk. I don't remember seeing this before. Is this something new?
Janey1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Height: 5'4"

I've only done the diet since late 2015, BUT, my biggest motivator right now to tighten up my game and be DONE with the products is to get SOY out of my life! My coach didn't think I have a "full blow allergy", but maybe a "sensitivity" to soy. I've had some touch and go ITCHYNESS - watery eyes, itchy mouth, just ITCHY in general, that I attribute to the soy content. I've been willing to "live with it", but again, am excited to phase off (I start P2 tomorrow)! Good luck with the next phase of your journey! Also, your coach should be able to give you a list of soy-free or lower soy-products - or someone here.
Lynn Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:06 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Margaret View Post
I've only done the diet since late 2015, BUT, my biggest motivator right now to tighten up my game and be DONE with the products is to get SOY out of my life! My coach didn't think I have a "full blow allergy", but maybe a "sensitivity" to soy. I've had some touch and go ITCHYNESS - watery eyes, itchy mouth, just ITCHY in general, that I attribute to the soy content. I've been willing to "live with it", but again, am excited to phase off (I start P2 tomorrow)! Good luck with the next phase of your journey! Also, your coach should be able to give you a list of soy-free or lower soy-products - or someone here.
Thanks Lynn! Good luck to you as well! I have the same issues with allergies/sensitivity. I have been waking up feeling stuffy! Plus I have PCOS so I am concerned that I may not lose weight as fast this time due to the soy and milk 😕 I hope not as this diet isn't cheap, and with it being so restrictive the one motivator to keep going is knowing that the weight loss will be relatively fast! I will definitely have to talk to the coach about which products have low soy and milk.

Last edited by Janey1502; 08-08-2016 at 10:08 AM.
Janey1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:02 PM   #4  
Reboot on 8/29/16

S/C/G: 278/265/180

Height: 5'8"

I got tested for food sensitivities and soy popped up as one of them. I've never had a symptom, so I'm not letting it stop me. However, scallops also popped up. My nutritionist told me to avoid anything that was rated at a 3 and we would reevaluate in 6 months. No scallops for me for 6 months, and I'll see if the avoidance actually makes a difference or is just a bunch of hooey.
saralee101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

IP has always used soy as a main protein source in their foods... And milk is in many ingredients. Not really a new thing at all as far back as 2011 from what I recall. Probably further back.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote