Old 03-30-2011, 10:44 AM   #1  
cmcy2000

S/C/G: 158/125/117

Height: 5'1"

Question WW and Ideal protein???

Hello
This is my first post....Just wondering....Has anyone ever checked to see what the points would be in the Ideal Protein Packs if they were to be compared to Weight Watchers... I just was curious? I am switching from WW to Ideal Protein to see if I can accelerate my weight loss .... anyone got any comments on this topic? Thnx
gettinglean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I expect you will fall way below your points as ip is only approx. 1000 calories a day...
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #3  
cmcy2000

Thns for your response...yes I realize that but I was just wondering if anyone knew what the protien packs were in points...any idea?
Old 03-30-2011, 12:57 PM   #4  
cmcy2000

Thnx for your response...yes I realize that but I was just wondering if anyone knew what the protien packs were in points...any idea?
Old 03-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/178/150

Height: 5'10"

Default Ww & Ip

I am on week 4 of IP and couldn't be happier! 17 lbs to date. I went on IP after struggling with WW off and on for years. I dropped WW because the two concepts did not really go together for me and seemed like double the work. IP is very specific with guidelines and WW was more permissive. Just a little input from someone who has done both. Good luck on IP. It works great.
2Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #6  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

I have been IP since September. I did WW on and off for decades. I love IP...I lost 52 pounds in 16 weeks and then I have lost 18 more in the last 3 months (my choice...I have taken time off for events, cruise, weekends away, etc.)

You can't even remotely comare the two, but my guess would be about 2 points per packet and we have 3 a day. Here is what you have EVERY day on IP....there are no off days, cheats, etc. It is very strict.

2 non-restricted packets a day (usually a shake/drink of some kind)
1 restricted packet a day (bars, chips, etc) or another non-restricted
unlimited lettuce
2cups of veggies (some are off limits) at lunch and 2 more at dinner
1-4 tsps of extra virgin olive oil (make homemade dressing with)
6-8 ounces of lean protein at dinner

There is NOTHING else allowed on the diet.

Calories are between 700-1000 based on protein choice at dinner

You don't keep track of anything you just eat exactly what it says above. Here is an example of my typical day:

IP omelet for breakfast (non-restricted) with hot sauce and 36oz water

IP shake for lunch with lettuce, cabbage, mushrooms, scallions, peppers, cucumbers, and homemade dressing (evoo, vinegar, herbs) with water

6-8 ounces of chicken, fish, flank steak, filet mignon, or pork tenderloin, or shrimp or scallops with 2 cups of cooked veggies (collards, spinach, brocolli, asparagus) evoo for cooking. I choose not to have the lettuce at dinner.

IP bar for snack with water

HOpe this information helps. Good luck. It is an awesome diet, but be ready it is strict....it worked well for me because there is no options or variance from the protocol....WW was just way to open-ended and I never saw true success.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #7  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

i have been on IP for only 10 days. I have already lost 14 lbs. On WW I would lose and then gain again.

The problem I was having with WW (and just my opinion from my own experience) was I was never taught HOW to eat. On WW if I wanted cake, I could eat it, but just barely eat for the rest of the day. That wasn't healthy, but I would cheat on weekends like that.

With IP as everyone said, you don't have to count anything, you know what you are going to eat everyday an you can not cheat.

I don't know how many points the packs are, but I just know that I will never have to count food again!
This works.

It teaches you portion size and unlike other diets there is a beginning and an end. When you get to the end you will KNOW how to eat properly to keep the weight off.

Another thing I have noticed is that I don't want all the foods I was eating a few weeks ago. I am not hungry throughout the day and I feel amazing.
Shrinking Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:24 PM   #8  
OneBadGRANDmotherRunner

S/C/G: 152/143/120

Height: 5'

I agree--WW and IP are two entirely different programs and the biggest difference (beyond the points/calorie differences) is exactly what someone else said: When you have completed the IP phases you will KNOW how to eat to maintain for the rest of your life.

Now, granted, knowing and doing are two different things as well, and I, for one, have not reached goal/maintenance yet with IP (I did w/ WW though many years ago) but I have learned more about eating in the past 11 weeks than I ever did in all my years of "doing" WW.

If you can commit to the structure/strictness of IP, you will be successful. Just my two cents.
NonieRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:58 PM   #9  

I, too, am coming off ww to ip. Being a breast-feeding mother I had 60 points! That was way more food than I was used to eating, so I found myself buying ww desserts and eating, not one word of a lie, 6 a day. I would still come in at 40-45 points. I actually learned bad eating habits and was overwhelmed by the choices. Then, after the first week, I was only averaging 1 lb a week ( with all the desserts I'm not surprised), and so I would get really frustrated. I am so happy that I found IP!
Northern Orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Just for reference, I went and pulled out my old points slider and checked a couple of packets (chocolate drink and vanilla pudding) and they both are 2 points, and my cookies and cream bars are 4.

I too have done WW on and off for several years. While it does work, It sometimes got cumbersome, and once I blew it I would just give up for the rest of the week. I like IP because it is so structured that it takes most of the guesswork out of it. I worry about how I am going to do with maintenance, and I think I may count calories or even do WW to make sure I know what I am doing. But I will cross that bridge WHEN I get to it. I know that I will have to work at maintenance, but once I get there, I will have the motivation to do it, because of all the money and hard work that I am putting into this.

Good luck to you! IP is a really wonderful diet.
brandam6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Default Oil Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I have been IP since September. I did WW on and off for decades. I love IP...I lost 52 pounds in 16 weeks and then I have lost 18 more in the last 3 months (my choice...I have taken time off for events, cruise, weekends away, etc.)

You can't even remotely comare the two, but my guess would be about 2 points per packet and we have 3 a day. Here is what you have EVERY day on IP....there are no off days, cheats, etc. It is very strict.

2 non-restricted packets a day (usually a shake/drink of some kind)
1 restricted packet a day (bars, chips, etc) or another non-restricted
unlimited lettuce
2cups of veggies (some are off limits) at lunch and 2 more at dinner
1-4 tsps of extra virgin olive oil (make homemade dressing with)
6-8 ounces of lean protein at dinner

There is NOTHING else allowed on the diet.

Calories are between 700-1000 based on protein choice at dinner

You don't keep track of anything you just eat exactly what it says above. Here is an example of my typical day:

IP omelet for breakfast (non-restricted) with hot sauce and 36oz water

IP shake for lunch with lettuce, cabbage, mushrooms, scallions, peppers, cucumbers, and homemade dressing (evoo, vinegar, herbs) with water

6-8 ounces of chicken, fish, flank steak, filet mignon, or pork tenderloin, or shrimp or scallops with 2 cups of cooked veggies (collards, spinach, brocolli, asparagus) evoo for cooking. I choose not to have the lettuce at dinner.

IP bar for snack with water

HOpe this information helps. Good luck. It is an awesome diet, but be ready it is strict....it worked well for me because there is no options or variance from the protocol....WW was just way to open-ended and I never saw true success.
The sheet my coach gave me said 1-2 tsp of olive oil or fish oil, not 1-4. Do you get more after the first month? I'm confused. thanks,
GettingItOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:33 PM   #12  
cmcy2000

Default Thanx

Thanx everyone for your replies... I am sticking to the IP plan now and doing really good...yes very restricted but actually makes life easier without all the choices which can cause you to stay.... I think WW with 29 points per day with 49 cheat points per week is probably a good maintenance plan...but you gotta be careful to still follow the plan.... 5'1" and my goal weight is 115... I can't eat much food if I want to maintain that eventual weight.

With regards to maintenance....and life after IP....
[I]Life is not about learning how to weather the storm but how to dance in the rain![/I]
Old 03-31-2011, 07:39 AM   #13  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingItOff View Post
The sheet my coach gave me said 1-2 tsp of olive oil or fish oil, not 1-4. Do you get more after the first month? I'm confused. thanks,
Sheet says 1-2. Some folks on the forum have said that their coaches allow up to 4, depending on individual circumstances. My coach said 1-2, and that she finds if people aren't losing, most of the time it's because they misread the sheet and are having too much oil.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:02 AM   #14  

One thing that hasn't been mentioned here but I think is important is that IP is unique in that because of the formulated packages your pancreas is getting reset and turning your body into a fat burning machine. This program also has you eating "clean". I have eaten like this before and lost weight but didn't feel so great, i.e. Protein Power, Atkins. This program is nutritionally sound with adequate amounts of protein and nutrition.

I have been on every diet made. This one is amazing and frankly although restrictive (no junk), I feel so darn good I don't care. Four weeks - 19 lbs.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:05 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Balance View Post
One thing that hasn't been mentioned here but I think is important is that IP is unique in that because of the formulated packages your pancreas is getting reset and turning your body into a fat burning machine. This program also has you eating "clean". I have eaten like this before and lost weight but didn't feel so great, i.e. Protein Power, Atkins. This program is nutritionally sound with adequate amounts of protein and nutrition.

I have been on every diet made. This one is amazing and frankly although restrictive (no junk), I feel so darn good I don't care. Four weeks - 19 lbs.
Here is a website that I found as a good overview: http://idealweightcontrol.com/scient...ight-loss.htm:)