Old 01-31-2016, 12:55 PM   #1  

Default Novi- Cure detox

Hi everyone,
I am wondering if anyone has had good luck with the detox kick starting their weight loss?
I am 5'8", 48 yrs old and currently 230lbs. Last year I lost about 35lbs on this diet. I was a slow loser with many stalls along the way. Not sure why I guess thats the way my body is. I have tried to reboot many times, go good for a month then give up. I restarted a couple of weeks ago with new determination. My first week I was so excited to weigh in , I was sure I would see some results. I had followed the diet, and continued my exercise ( moderate swimming, 30 mins, about 3- 4 times a week). I was devastated to see a small gain of .2. Not huge but I was crushed. My coach suggested I exercise less and try the Ideal Protein detox. SO I did. The next week I had a 1.6 loss. I started to cry....
I know a loss is a loss and I should be happy but I had worked so hard and with so much weight to lose I thought for sure it would have been greater than 1.6lbs
My coach said that many people don't notice the benefits of the detox until they are finished. This seems odd to me because everything is going through me. I am up all night to go pee.
Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone else had experience with the detox.
I should add that I have been to my doctor. No hypothyroidism. No issues at all except my extra weight
Thanks to anyone who read this!
Sara1603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 03:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Hi Sara. I have never tried the detox, so I can't speak to it, but you do seem to have a tricky situation. However, you did have a loss, so that is a positive! A couple of things to suggest / mull over:

1- Are you drinking a ton of water? With the detox, you need MORE than normal and you are exercising, so that is a double whammy.
2- Are you eating the "occasional" veggies? Maybe try eliminating those for a week.
3- Are you eating a restricted item? You may want to eliminate those for a few days just to "shake things up"
4- Since you are exercising, are you compensating with an additional packet? I am on P1 (for the 2nd time) and I have exercised everyday this time and last. However, I eat 1 extra unrestricted packet a day (taken post workout). So instead of 3 packets a day, I take 4.
5- You mention that you have rebooted and stopped many times. Those other times, did you have good losses in the first week? Did you keep notes / food diary of what you ate those times and this time to see if there are any differences?
6- Are you eating a lot of packets with Soy? I know that soy affects me on the scale and I stay away from all things soy.
7- Are you eating a lot of Walden Farms type products? I know that the sugar alcohol in those products will cause a stall on the scale for me.

I guess all of this is to say "don't give up!" and there could be a myriad of reasons why you didn't see a big drop in the first 2 weeks. It could be that your body is simply now "used to it" and won't provide the big drop. It could just mean that you will lose weight a little slower, but will have consistent smaller weight loss. Which hey, who cares? Because a loss is a loss is a loss and it all adds up.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote