Old 01-15-2016, 10:50 AM   #1  

Question Ready To try IP Need Help Please

Hello! I just called an IP clinic for an appointment next week. I have to say I was shocked to find out how much money the program was going to cost each week! I am wondering if any of you have done this with the alternatives and if so can someone take my hand and guide me through the process? I have really no clue where to start! I k now the basics.. three IP meals a day along with 8 oz of protein and 4 cups of veggies. Anyone that could help me I would appreciate it. I saw a picture of myself last night that someone else took and I was honestly disgusted! I have to do this! I need to lose about 30 lbs
ballmom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi ball mom,
The cost of the IP program is a drag. You have come to the right place though.
There is a thread on this site directing you too a list of alternative products to use for the Ideal Protien program and what to to look for interms of numbers for unrestricted and restricted foods, plus suggestions on where to get your supplements.
I hope this helps...
carmie48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:34 AM   #3  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

If you are on Facebook, there's a very active and helpful group called Ideal Protein Alternatives. The group contains a lot of files with good info to get you started.

I did the protocol with all alternatives. I couldn't afford the IP clinic cost, and didn't feel I needed the coaching anyway. I lost 58 pounds in 5 months.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 03:09 PM   #4  

I get my IP packets on eBay. They can be as low as $2.75 ea that way. I don't go to a clinic
mjflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:52 AM   #5  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

This thread is very helpful... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-part-7-a.html
I use a mixture of IP and alternatives. One year in and 130+ pounds gone. FB also has a Ideal Protein Phase 1 Support Group and occasionally you can come across someone posting to sell leftover IP products at a decent price. It is expensive but so totally worth it! Be sure to compare labels to find alternatives that are most similar to IP products. Good luck!

Last edited by frawniemae; 01-18-2016 at 07:53 AM.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Yup! Plenty of people use alternatives. Just look for the threads and get ready to read, read, read!
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
This thread is very helpful... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-part-7-a.html
I use a mixture of IP and alternatives. One year in and 130+ pounds gone. FB also has a Ideal Protein Phase 1 Support Group and occasionally you can come across someone posting to sell leftover IP products at a decent price. It is expensive but so totally worth it! Be sure to compare labels to find alternatives that are most similar to IP products. Good luck!
this is fantastic! 130 lbs OMGGGGGGG, I am trying the quest cinnamon swirl bar FRIGGIN AMAZING
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

has anyone tried making pancakes / cookies etc with a protein powder OTHER than quest? I am loving the quest I bought, but like I mentioned in an earlier post, tried last night to use ISOFLEX protein powder for a chocolate pancake. OMG horrible....... tasted like rubber, felt like rubber NEVER AGAIN!
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote