Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 01:26 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Loser- yes for sure! I am already finding that this week is easier. I am also deeply in ketosis now, which is a huge benefit because I completely lose my appetite in ketosis and "off plan" foods do not bother me.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:35 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

it is so great to be back on this site. Have been away for far too long. I will update my ticker tomorrow, as I was hesitant to get on the 'scale' today. I forgot how great the support is here !
Old 01-11-2016, 06:06 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Loser- yes for sure! I am already finding that this week is easier. I am also deeply in ketosis now, which is a huge benefit because I completely lose my appetite in ketosis and "off plan" foods do not bother me.
Loss of appetite....never heard of it...lol
Old 01-11-2016, 06:08 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
it is so great to be back on this site. Have been away for far too long. I will update my ticker tomorrow, as I was hesitant to get on the 'scale' today. I forgot how great the support is here !
Welcome! Yep sometimes that scale is scary...better have a smaller scare today than in a week...month...
Old 01-12-2016, 01:31 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Same happens to me. Yesterday I forgot to have my shake at lunch until almost 2pm. I drink so much water during the day it helps keep me full.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:04 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Another good week for me on this reboot. 2.2# this week bringing me to 143.6 and an overall loss of 21.8#. Hope everyone else's reboots are going well.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:38 PM   #22  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All!

Well, I'm getting ready to begin my January reboot. Starting on Monday. I'm looking forward to it and I know I'll need support.

I haven't gotten on the scale in a month and I know exactly what it's going to say. Ah, well. I also know what to do. First to clean out my fridge and house. Then reset my ticker. I probably have 25 pounds to lost. (again) I already have a good stock of OP foods. I'm ready to go.

Loser 13, I think last night was my "last supper," (I had friends over for dinner.) and then I was up until 3 AM with heartburn. That doesn't happen when I'm OP. Sigh. One of these days I'll learn how to control myself when I'm not on IP. But for now, time to get back OP and watch my body resume it's more desired size.

Best of luck to all of you - and to me too!

Last edited by joysh; 01-16-2016 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:01 AM   #23  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Good Morning everyone! I am back on a reboot, having gained a good 10+ lbs (lowest was 151, now at 163) over the long holiday season (Thanksgiving to New Years with all of the various visitors and activities). In fact, with water retention and binging, I actually saw a 20 lb gain - 172 - on one recent morning, from where I was at my lowest - ugh!. It is so hard getting back to the same spot, mentally, that I was when I was on the straight and narrow and being successful. Before, I not only didn't have the URGE to 'cheat' - and I would not THINK of letting a morsel of non-plan foot go into my mouth - it wasn't even a consideration I would entertain. Now I find myself 'considering' that the beef and broccoli at the Chinese restaurant would probably only have "a little bit of cornstarch" in it so might be acceptable. I've become very 'loose' with the rules. And the scale proves it! Oh, how to get that mindset again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
.....I can't just have a bite....I binge...that little voice tells me since you will start tomorrow have EVERYTHING you want today....
This is EXACTLY what I struggle with! And it is as if I cannot get enough. Even if I am uncomfortably full, I keep eating because it is my "last chance" before I have to "give it all up". So ridiculous and defeatist! And it really concerns me that I still struggle with the same type of binge eating behavior as I did before I started IP.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:49 AM   #24  

I use both IP and alternatives and just got this notice in my email from Nashua Nutrition:

Save 10% on ALL HealthSmart Brand Products This Week!

Use Discount Code HEALTHSMART During Checkout To Receive The Discount.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:01 AM   #25  

I lost 53 lbs several years ago and got down to 147 lbs which, at 5' 7" was a great weight for me. Did well for a long time but then got careless and ate whatever I wanted and got back up to 161. Down to 151 in time for daughter's wedding August 2015. Now looking at 163 so needing to reboot. I consistently have shakes at breakfast and often for lunch; eat meat and the right veggies for lunch and supper, but then BANG - watching TV at night I eat snacks....

Like many people have said, once in ketosis I no longer have to fight cravings because I just don't have them - what a relief. And, I need to figure out how to ignore those cravings in Phase 4 and beyond.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:27 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 222.1/206.9/140

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Hi Restarters! I too lost weight (60lbs) on IP years ago and when I got on maintenance I lost control and slowly put all the weight back on plus some. I am back on plan because I KNOW this diet works and will attack the fat and not muscle. I accept my weight gain and have learned from it. We can't lose weight and go back to bad habits. When we do, it is on us, not the diet! I went back to old habits and have only myself to blame. This is not what my coach or IP had taught or encouraged. When I was at goal, I swore I would never be back at this weight, but here I am. I feel tired constantly. I am on day 1 and am so looking forward to feeling that energy burst on day 4! I am now on a path of health and weight loss. I was reading a blog where they talked about making sure your food is the proper fuel for you. If we approach our food as fuel, we will make better choices for our bodies. IP is the proper fuel for me at this time. Let's go IPers! We rock!
Old 01-18-2016, 11:53 AM   #27  

Thanks CC Sunshine. I needed that I am on day 1 again too.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:40 PM   #28  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Sunshine View Post
I accept my weight gain and have learned from it. We can't lose weight and go back to bad habits. When we do, it is on us, not the diet! I went back to old habits and have only myself to blame. This is not what my coach or IP had taught or encouraged. When I was at goal, I swore I would never be back at this weight, but here I am. I feel tired constantly. I am on day 1 and am so looking forward to feeling that energy burst on day 4! .... Let's go IPers! We rock!
Thanks, Sunshine! I am on Day 1 today of my reboot. I agree that we cannot blame IP for our weight gains. I'm happy on IP and happy that it gives me a way to control my eating. I've always said that it trains us and trains our taste buds to love healthy, fresh foods and vegetables. I believe that it true and I learned how to make delicious roasted vegetables, tasty meats and fishes, and every dish known to man that can be made out of cauliflower. However, twice a year (mid-late summer and Thanksgiving-Christmas) my taste buds have a weird trip. Sugar and carbs seem to consume me. I'm completely conscious, but choose to do this. I just don't know if it's physical, emotional, or mental. I suspect it's a combination. I usually enjoy it, in fact.

So, then I come back to IP and stabilize my eating for a few months. When I'm on, I'm on and on IP 100%.

So here I am. Back and happy about it. Who cares if it's a safety net. I give thanks that it's here, that I know about it, and that I love the foods.

I order from Nashua and get into my routine. My coach even lets my come by for a visit and I purchase a few of my IP favorites as "treats."

Thank you all for being here! Congrats to you all for (re)starting this journey. It's a step in the right direction! Have a great day!
Old 01-18-2016, 02:26 PM   #29  

Mind if I join y'all?.. I did IP with alternatives in 2010-11 & lost about 70 lbs... I quit because of stupid reason -- my face was looking gaunt... so, I added back some carbs & that snowballed... I've gained back about 40 lbs. (I think) & can't stand to look at myself in the mirror anymore... I'm on Day 3 of my reboot... all is going swimmingly, except for this awful headache, which I'm hoping is just Keto-flu & will be better in a few days...

Next time my face starts looking gaunt, I'll just spring for Juvederm injections to fill out the marionette lines, etc.!..

I hate putting this in print, but I'm estimating my weight at 195 lbs... I don't have any scales & don't plan to buy any very soon... I checked my body fat % & it was 41.7... I hope to see that go down... so along with that & how my clothes fit & how I see my face slimming down, I'll be able to tell the diet is working...

Anyway, glad to meet you all... best wishes for everybody's continued success...

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 01-18-2016 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2016, 02:33 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
For a Chocolate Chip Pancake mug cake spray a mug with PAM, add 2oz water, mix well, then microwave for about 60 seconds. It should pop right out of the mug when done. I use the WF pancake syrup on it but I've heard others like the WF chocolate syrup too.

Personally I think the new IP Mug Cake packet is ten times better. I'm actually using it twice a day.
hmmm wonder if you can do the quest recipe for this in a mug and microwave?
Closed Thread