3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   2015 Starters – Moving Forward into Fall (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/305856-2015-starters-%96-moving-forward-into-fall.html)

hysteria_625 10-08-2015 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereIStand (Post 5207969)
I took it ALL off. Even my glasses. I should have trimmed my fingernails and tweezed my eyebrows. :D

Holiday meals: Even pre-protocol, I had to remind myself that those "special" foods can made any time, and I don't have to fret if I can't have them on the holiday. One thing that I have only ever had once a year is sour cream onion dip, with chips, on New Year's Eve. I'm looking forward to that again this winter, but probably made with low-cal sour cream. And maybe zucchini chips instead of potato chips.

frawnie, I think you are destined for success with or without a clinic. You've really gotten serious about weight loss and educated yourself on making better choices. I get what you mean about your body and you becoming friends. When I awoke this morning and was laying there in bed, I realized how good I felt and how I like how my body feels now. A few months ago, I was just fat and miserable most of the time.

:lol: bwahahaha!!!! I don't think I've ever weighed with my contacts in even ;)

Frawnie - EVERYTHING HIS said...plus, I am sorry your clinic has let you down. We are here, together on this journey and LOSING the weight! You got this lady! :D :hug:

HereIStand 10-09-2015 09:36 AM

BETH! I saw your picture on the FB page!! Oh my goodness, you are making such great progress. :cp:

The scale bounced back up a little for me this morning. I made pulled pork yesterday and even though I weighed out 6 cooked ounces, it sure seemed like a lot of meat. It's probably not even a lean cut of meat, but I was craving it. I was never much of a meat eater until IP. Now, I LOVE my meat serving!!

This morning's weight gain might be because I'm a bit "stove up," as the old timers say. Up until this week, that hasn't been a problem for me. Coffee usually gets things going in the morning. Hoping it finally does the trick this morning.

My C25K plan calls for a 20-minute run this morning. Two weeks ago, that terrified me, but today I feel ready. I might not be the fastest runner around, but I'm getting it done. Go me. :D

Later, I'm off to GNC, a thrift store, and then the grocery store. I'm making a birthday dinner on Sunday for my son's fiancee'. She has requested meatloaf, mashed potatoes, broccoli, and cake. I can avoid the cake and potatoes with no problem, but I'd like to make a separate low-carb meatloaf for me and my daughter, who is also doing the protocol. I was thinking that in place of bread crumbs, I could use ground-up Quest chips. Anyone have any better meatloaf ideas?

hysteria_625 10-09-2015 10:48 AM

Thanks HIS :D
Sorry - I LOVE my homemade turkeymeatloaf with the Italian bread crumb binding so haven't tried to make an IP friendly version (to be disappointed, kwim?)...I would think Quest chips would work...maybe Janeva's FB page? Or Rainbowsmiles thread here on 3FC...
I've been patiently waiting for the last week for that tens place to drop from "5" to "4"
I am still overwhelmed and amazed that I found something that works!

God knows at times keeping to protocol is HARD, sometimes I'm hungry, sometimes I don't feel well, and sometimes I worry I am doing something stupid to my body, even if I have the blood work that says otherwise...but seeing 149 on the scale this morning puts it all in perspective .

I had the scale victory, but an NSV too - I weigh less than my DH for the first time, EVER, in 23 years...CRAZY!

Made the first batch of brownies last night for the Pig Roast Saturday . Thankful the weather is looking better so the activities the family usually does, like volleyball, will happen! That will keep me away from the desert table - y'all know that peanut butter cake is going to sit in my mind like an annoying fly :lol: I have ONE proti thin peanut butter bar left and it WILL be in the cooler :) just in case...I'd like to flex the willpower muscle a little bit if I can, but won't risk a true cheat this close to goal.

Happy Friday everyone!

HereIStand 10-10-2015 09:03 AM

I don't have a lot of time to post this morning, but I had to pop in here and say I hit -51 pounds this morning!! So happy!

Now I'm off to do a mile-one run (just working on speed), then shower and to a ladies brunch where I can't eat anything on the menu. I will take some marinated cucumbers and sliced turkey rolled up in lettuce.

Destony 10-10-2015 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereIStand (Post 5208292)
I don't have a lot of time to post this morning, but I had to pop in here and say I hit -51 pounds this morning!! So happy!

Now I'm off to do a mile-one run (just working on speed), then shower and to a ladies brunch where I can't eat anything on the menu. I will take some marinated cucumbers and sliced turkey rolled up in lettuce.

:carrot::carrot::carrot:Great work!!! Good luck on the run and at the brunch!

hysteria_625 10-10-2015 12:12 PM

HIS - congrats! :D good luck with the brunch - you got this lady!

Linda - hi! Hope you have a great fall weekend!

Deviled eggs and brownies are ready to go, along with some extra willpower :) took a nice brisk 1 mile walk to burn the extra quest chips I am having with my turkey burger
Switching up lunch again this week - rutabaga with pork loin - plus my body / psyche seems to like being out of the rut.
Btw - anyone else made the naked burrito? I might have done something wrong and maybe it is the fact I equate Hispanic food with cheese but I wasn't overly impressed :(

Kalaya 10-10-2015 08:49 PM

I picked up some chayote today since I read everyone raving about it...and wow it did not disappoint! All I did was throw it in a bowl with cinnamon, nutmeg, and WF 'apple butter' to microwave - omg it was sooooo good! Could have fooled me for real baked apples!

Finally located some frozen rhubarb too, can't wait to try the compote.

HereIStand 10-10-2015 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalaya (Post 5208411)
I picked up some chayote today since I read everyone raving about it...and wow it did not disappoint! All I did was throw it in a bowl with cinnamon, nutmeg, and WF 'apple butter' to microwave - omg it was sooooo good! Could have fooled me for real baked apples!

Finally located some frozen rhubarb too, can't wait to try the compote.

I still haven't tried chayote. And I only just made stir fried cauliflower this last week, with orange chicken. It's SO GOOD! Why did I wait so long? :?: The rhubarb compote is good, although I'm quite happy with just plain stewed rhubarb with some sweetener added.

My daughter, who is 3 days into the protocol, came over tonight so I could show her how to make a few things, including Big Mac in a Bowl, dehydrated zucchini chips, and turnip fries. I'm quite content with eating basically the same meals every week, but she needs a lot of variety, especially with vegetables. She was very irritable; I hope she has a big weight loss the first week so she's encouraged and motivated to keep going.

Destony 10-11-2015 06:16 AM

Hi All!!
Beth I applaud you for being able to get all the treats ready that you do for the gatherings. I really have to focus when I make my weekly brownies or wahtever for the guys who mow my lawn. If I had to make a lot of stuff, I'd likely cave to temptation. it's beautiful here on the Cape -though a bit chilly (who isn't always freezing in ketosis??-lol) We're in the process (long arduous process) of gettign the boat ready for the winter. He does all the mechanical stuff-replace hoses, winterize, staff like that, while I unload her, wash everything and store it up in the attic. People tease me about my little "dollhouse" I look at it as our "summer house" so it's all set up as one.
HIS Like you, I can eat the same things and be fine. Then when I try something new, I wonder why I don't experiment more often!! Like Jicama- I had bought some at Stop and Shop, but had to peel it and all that crapadoodle-it was okay but a pain in the shorts- well now that I have found it all precut- oh baby- I like them better than turnip fries and I believe the carbs may be lower than turnips- The Chaote- I wish that I could buy that all prepared too- I bought it once- don't know if I made it wrong or what..but not overly impressed. How did the run go?
Frawnie good luck with whatever you decide about the coach. I can't imagine doing this without the trendous support from my coach. She is amazing.
Well, I have an interesting afternoon coming up- normal Sunday routine of cleaning the house, and continued process of getting the boat "ready for bed" -it takes a couple of weekends to get it done because M-F my DBF leaves for work at 5AM and doesn't get home until 7PM, and I am out the door at 7AM and back between 5 & 6 PM, so as you can imagine that shoots weekdays , anyhow, going to run to the grocery store to get stuff to make a vat of corn chowder to take to my DexH's house for a football party this afternoon. It's something I used to make as a staple for all of our parties back in the day. It's been a very long time since I've made it and hope that it comes out alright. I can't try it- lots of butter, cream and bacon.....and corn...He's smoking ribs, and said that he would put some on the side so they don't get sauced for me to try. I'll bring some Jicama sticks that I will roast with cinnamon and stevia. I like those cold much better than warm- I love them as fries, but by the time I get to eat them they would be cold and I don't like them like that. I like them crispy burned also- as I do with my grilled veggies.
Yesterdays weigh in, back in to jeans and pullovers- and .8 gain, inches stayed the same. I know in my head that that's not bad-but it's my first + number, so in a way it's kind of screwing with my head. My rational brain says-DUH- .8-your clothes weigh more than that so you lost weight AND with clothes on, your inches remained the same, so if you (me) had weighed in in your summer clothes that you have been going in wearing since May, you would be down in weight and inches would likely be down too- My head has always liked to mess with me. Something, at 51 years old, you would think I would have a grip on by now. As I told my diet buddy (who I was always scolding for being the daily weigher-) this will be a week of weighing every day....and driving myself that much more crazy. (I say that somewhat tongue in cheek)
Anyhow, have a great Sunday my dear 3FC friends.

HereIStand 10-11-2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destony (Post 5208448)
HIS Like you, I can eat the same things and be fine. Then when I try something new, I wonder why I don't experiment more often!! Like Jicama- I had bought some at Stop and Shop, but had to peel it and all that crapadoodle-it was okay but a pain in the shorts- well now that I have found it all precut- oh baby- I like them better than turnip fries and I believe the carbs may be lower than turnips- The Chaote- I wish that I could buy that all prepared too- I bought it once- don't know if I made it wrong or what..but not overly impressed. How did the run go?

Well, I have an interesting afternoon coming up- normal Sunday routine of cleaning the house, and continued process of getting the boat "ready for bed" -it takes a couple of weekends to get it done because M-F my DBF leaves for work at 5AM and doesn't get home until 7PM, and I am out the door at 7AM and back between 5 & 6 PM, so as you can imagine that shoots weekdays , anyhow, going to run to the grocery store to get stuff to make a vat of corn chowder to take to my DexH's house for a football party this afternoon. It's something I used to make as a staple for all of our parties back in the day. It's been a very long time since I've made it and hope that it comes out alright. I can't try it- lots of butter, cream and bacon.....and corn...He's smoking ribs, and said that he would put some on the side so they don't get sauced for me to try. I'll bring some Jicama sticks that I will roast with cinnamon and stevia. I like those cold much better than warm- I love them as fries, but by the time I get to eat them they would be cold and I don't like them like that. I like them crispy burned also- as I do with my grilled veggies.
Yesterdays weigh in, back in to jeans and pullovers- and .8 gain, inches stayed the same. I know in my head that that's not bad-but it's my first + number, so in a way it's kind of screwing with my head. My rational brain says-DUH- .8-your clothes weigh more than that so you lost weight AND with clothes on, your inches remained the same, so if you (me) had weighed in in your summer clothes that you have been going in wearing since May, you would be down in weight and inches would likely be down too- My head has always liked to mess with me. Something, at 51 years old, you would think I would have a grip on by now. As I told my diet buddy (who I was always scolding for being the daily weigher-) this will be a week of weighing every day....and driving myself that much more crazy. (I say that somewhat tongue in cheek)
Anyhow, have a great Sunday my dear 3FC friends.

Thanks for asking about the run. :) I've been going at a pretty slow running pace on the C25K, and really want to improve that, so I did just 1 mile with the intent of pushing myself to run it 2 minutes faster. I did it (!), but I definitely need to make speed work a part of my regular training to be able to run at that pace for more than a mile or two. And I hate speed work, especially sprints. :( Well, if it was easy, everyone would do it, right?!

I just found pre-cut jicama last week. I tried it heated with cinnamon and Truvia - bleh. And it's just okay, cold and plain. I'm going to try it as hash browns, but I can't see myself buying it frequently.

Isn't it funny how our brain fixates on those numbers instead of reality? Of course your clothes weigh at least a pound - or two! I have no doubt you lost weight, with all the activity you've been doing with the boat and social gatherings. (And you're making me glad I just have a simple kayak. Easy to bring in and put away. :D) You've been doing so well with sticking to protocol amongst all that great food. Stay the course, girl!

blueskiesahead 10-11-2015 09:46 AM

HIS – YAY to you for getting past that stubborn 50. :cheer2::cheer2:I’m so happy for you.
Your daughter will have a good example (that would be you :D) to follow, so I’m sure she will be successful. I like a bit of variety too, even tho I have a lot of the same meals. I keep a small file of recipes I’d like to try so when I’m looking for something, I have them handy. I did take a lot of time at the beginning reading some recipe threads, you could suggest that she does that. Also I just (on Friday) got Janeva’s cookbook, and I haven’t had time to try anything, but lots of really good ideas there. Maybe a nice gift to give her?

Beth - How was the pig roast? Sounds like so much fun, but OMG! The temptations :drool:

Linda, good luck getting the boat put away. Guess that means summer is really over. :no:
I haven’t found cut up jicama (I would love that) – will definitely have to look for it around here. I’ve tried chayote, it was OK. I picked some up yesterday, but will have to try some other recipes.
Don’t get all stressed out about that TINY gain, JEANS ARE HEAVY!!
Next time you weigh in, bring along a pair of tights and change just before you go in,
you’ll probably lose 3lb :rofl:

Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. I’m having the family over, although a very small group this year. My MIL passed away in the spring, and my BIL passed away late summer, so his family is staying home his year.
Even so, I’m cooking a turkey. Actually it’s easier to cook for a lot of people. Hard to cut down on all the things you need to have to go with the bird. And I always like to have at least one new thing (usually it’s an appetizer or dessert), but this year I found a recipe for kale and Brussel sprout salad, hope it turns out Ok. Fortunately, they are all used to me trying out things.
In any case, there will probably be more food than we need, but leftovers will get sent home with them all.
And since I'm cooking, I can make some OP veggies for me, so I should be OK (just have to avoid those other tempting goodies!!)

I want to get lots done ahead of time this morning, so I'd better get at it.

Just wanted to wish all the other Canadians here a Happy Thanksgiving!

:thanks1:

frawniemae 10-11-2015 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria_625 (Post 5208334)
Btw - anyone else made the naked burrito? I might have done something wrong and maybe it is the fact I equate Hispanic food with cheese but I wasn't overly impressed :(

The first time I made it I wasn't that thrilled with it but I tweaked it just a bit with some more seasonings (1/8 tsp habanero powder, and a lot of fresh garlic) and I use my dairy allotment by adding 1 T shredded low fat cheddar and topping it with homemade pico de gallo and chili garlic sauce instead of the mockamole. It is in my regular weekly rotation now.

hysteria_625 10-11-2015 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frawniemae (Post 5208487)
The first time I made it I wasn't that thrilled with it but I tweaked it just a bit with some more seasonings (1/8 tsp habanero powder, and a lot of fresh garlic) and I use my dairy allotment by adding 1 T shredded low fat cheddar and topping it with homemade pico de gallo and chili garlic sauce instead of the mockamole. It is in my regular weekly rotation now.

Phew! Habanero! lol - that might be a bit much for my mid-Atlantic tongue ;) I figured there was a reason there are a lot of options to add to it...I might try to make the mockamole (I love guacamole) and try again next week

Linda - I commented on the Turkey Day thread ...but yah, summer's over. We used to have a boat so I feel your pain! I still can't find jicama sticks around here...I know TJ's sells them but there isn't one handy to us...wish Wegman's would get on board! I don't mind peeling / cutting though and think I will try the cinnamon / stevia for something different. I LOVE the fries I've been making with Tony's Creole Seasoning

HIS - glad your run went well and sending positive thoughts to your daughter. I am sure with your help she will do great :) I love Blue's idea of gifting Janeva's cookbook

Happy Thanksgiving Blue! Sorry for all your family's losses this past year. How difficult :(

Oh man - chayote is amazing :D I've even started peeling / dicing / seasoning / storing & taking to work with me (cooking there) to have with different b'fast options. Idk - I guess it just scratches the missing-fruit itch and it a lot quicker than the compote - actually I've been keeping both around ;)

The Pig Roast went really well! Lot's of family time - DD10 had a blast with the kids. I did ok IP-wise. Ended up eating P2 protein - I ate my 8oz turkey burger before we arrived, but then found a pan full of non-bbq'd fresh pork...and went back for seconds...so probably 16oz total of meat - and 2 restricted products. I did stay away from the peanut butter bar - yay me! I slacked on the veggies though - usually there are a couple veggie trays, but not this year - the only choices were celery w/ peanut butter and carrots. I had brought some pre cut cucumbers and peppers but never went to eat them.

Quiet day today!!!!!!!!!!! Got all my prep done for the week - Pork / rutabaga is in the crock pot, curried cauliflower is cooked, Wed / Thur DD10 dance night dinners ready for reheat. I get to actually watch football this afternoon and maybe take a nap :p

New favorite (mostly) IP-friendly "ice cream"
- Proti Thin vanilla pudding
- 1T PBFit
- 1T WF Caramel dip
- 1 packet stevia
- ice
- 6oz water
*drool* ahhhhhhhhh! This has been a lifesaver - and so much faster than freezing my pudding :p

Oh - and decided to stop taking the collagen supplement. I really think I was having a mild allergic reaction to something in it...my throat was sticky / itchy constantly...took the last one Friday morning, none since, and its stopped. Sucks, because it was making a difference...Back to Biotin, 5000mcg

HereIStand 10-12-2015 10:44 AM

Happy start to a new week, everyone!

My on-protocol meatloaf turned out pretty well. I used 16 oz. ground beef, 2 bags of BBQ Quest chips (crunched up into crumbs), 1 egg, a dribble of milk, and 1-2 Tbsp. of no-sugar-added ketchup. My daughter liked it and took the leftovers home, so it passed muster. :) The "normal" people at the table were having cornbread, mashed potatoes, and broccoli with their meatloaf, but my daughter is already sick of broccoli, so I offered to make mashed cauliflower. That was the first time I tried pureeing it in the Ninja, which worked great and she liked it.

She loves dehydrated veggie chips, so I ordered 6 more trays for my dehydrator so she can dry 10 cups of zucchini at one time. That machine will look like a small building on the countertop. The things we do for our kids. :D

Her challenges are a bit different than mine. She's hypothyroid; she's single and works full-time; her job involves being at a lot of events with food (she works in the marketing department for a hospital system). So she has to have foods that are easy to transport and prepare. I don't know if she'll ever be thin - she takes after my husband's side of the family, who are all apple-shaped with thyroid problems - but I'd sure like to see her get down to a healthier weight. I was planning to be in or close to P4 for our American thanksgiving meal, but she will still be in P1, so I've decided to eat OP foods in solidarity with her on that day.

I wore my new (thrifted) Ann Taylor size 8 skirt to church yesterday and got a million compliments! Even one of my young friends, a guy who's about 26, told me I looked "cute." That was a nice NSV. :D

hysteria_625 10-12-2015 03:44 PM

HIS - the meatloaf sounds great & what a fantastic NSV & I really hope my daughter comes around too - it is wonderful you are so supportive! Love the picture in my mind of the towering dehydrator :lol:

Sorry everyone - its been one of THOSE days again...hungry, hungry, hangry *sigh*. There is a definite pattern and I knew I was amping up over the weekend - yesterday was hard too, but I was able to distract myself with TV, a walk, a nap...today, not so much :( I already had my stashed Coconut Cashew Quest bar and been eating cucumbers like crazy - I've almost eaten a whole cucumber today!

Another day or two and I should be past the worst

40 days and 40 nights - the countdown to P2 continues ;)

Destony 10-12-2015 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria_625 (Post 5208756)
Sorry everyone - its been one of THOSE days again...hungry, hungry, hangry *sigh*. There is a definite pattern and I knew I was amping up over the weekend - yesterday was hard too, but I was able to distract myself with TV, a walk, a nap...today, not so much :( I already had my stashed Coconut Cashew Quest bar and been eating cucumbers like crazy - I've almost eaten a whole cucumber today!

P2- wow- good for you!!! I have about 10 more lbs to go - maybe I still wont feel good enough at 130 and then I can stay on P1...lol
I thought that would be me too after all the meat I ate last night- but fortunately, it's been all good - maybe I wasn't as out of bounds as I thought I might be. Smoked ribs (no sauce, but the rub did have some sugar, and smoked brisket- it was amazing....)
I actually felt full last night- something I don't feel ever since I've been on this diet.

blueskiesahead 10-12-2015 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereIStand (Post 5208676)
I wore my new (thrifted) Ann Taylor size 8 skirt to church yesterday and got a million compliments! Even one of my young friends, a guy who's about 26, told me I looked "cute." That was a nice NSV. :D

Great NSV! :) Size 8 is amazing! Did you ever imagine you would get there when you started?
I had a little NSV today too. About a month ago, I picked up a pair of nice LL Bean khakis at the thrift store, sz12, they were too tight then, but I got them anyway and put them in my closet. Today I put them on, and OMG, almost too loose to wear, can you believe it :eek: How'd that happen so fast?
Can I possibly be able to fit into size 10!!! That is just amazing to me, seriously, and since I changed my goal, I still have about 20 lb to lose. I could end up in SINGLE DIGITS :yes:

Quote:

WOW, Beth, that must feel so good to be counting the days. Sooo close :cheer2:

Thanksgiving dinner was really good, the cook got compliments (which is always lovely to hear :D ). I stayed pretty much OP, had celery root puree instead of mashed potatoes, had a bit of a slipup with green beans - I meant to keep some aside for myself before finishing them off with the bacon and pecans for everyone else, but forgot... so I had a small amount (yum!). Pretty good otherwise though. Wasn't even tempted by dessert (which my sister brought, sure looked yummy though!)
Even though it was a much smaller group than usual, it's always so nice to get together with family.

Today is a quiet day, went to Bed Bath & beyond to get a new blender, it's a bit of a drive, but a nice sunny day here today, so DH was happy to come along, we stopped for coffee along the way, lots of color starting in the leaves. This afternoon, we're watching the Jays game (Yes, they're ahead 7-0 in the 3rd :cp: ). Leftovers for dinner so no cooking for me. :)

Tomorrow is WI day, I'm hoping for good news. My home scale shows only about 1lb down from last week :( Maybe I'll miraculously lose another lb by morning :lol:

HereIStand 10-12-2015 08:57 PM

Quote:

I wonder if there are people who don't have those hangry days on IP? I hate those days when you feel like all you can think about is food. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destony (Post 5208763)
I thought that would be me too after all the meat I ate last night- but fortunately, it's been all good - maybe I wasn't as out of bounds as I thought I might be. Smoked ribs (no sauce, but the rub did have some sugar, and smoked brisket- it was amazing....)
I actually felt full last night- something I don't feel ever since I've been on this diet.

I have a new appreciation for meat now. And, yes, doesn't it feel great to feel FULL? Sometimes it scares me to feel full; I'm afraid of what the scale will show the next day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueskiesahead (Post 5208779)
Great NSV! :) Size 8 is amazing! Did you ever imagine you would get there when you started?

Not once did I ever dream I'd wear a size 8! I actually was able to zip up a pair of size 6s last week - and, yes, I had to check the tag 3 times. They were too tight, but still.... Originally, I hoped to fit into an old pair of size 12 Gap jeans that I loved. But I blew past those a month ago!

A friend of mine recently told me that clothes today are sized about four number sizes smaller than they were when we were young, to accommodate our larger American bodies. In other words, a size 14 in 2015 is bigger than a 14 in 1965. Seems about right to me. In high school, during my fittest athletic years, I wore size 12 jeans, which is the equivalent of 8s now.

I have no doubt you'll end up in single digits. Twenty pounds is at least 2 sizes smaller!

blueskiesahead 10-13-2015 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereIStand (Post 5208821)
A friend of mine recently told me that clothes today are sized about four number sizes smaller than they were when we were young, to accommodate our larger American bodies. In other words, a size 14 in 2015 is bigger than a 14 in 1965. Seems about right to me. In high school, during my fittest athletic years, I wore size 12 jeans, which is the equivalent of 8s now.

That explains the size 12 Calvin Klein jeans that have been lurking in the back of my closet for 25 years!
I tried them on about a month ago, when I was in 14's that were getting loose, and thinking I could finally get into them ;) . HA! NO Way! Couldn't figure it out. So what you're saying is, they're really size 8 and I might get into them yet. :D
( I remember wearing them, I had lost some weight back then when I got them. I remember wearing them on a trip to Cape Cod, felt so good to be that small. Funny that memory sticks in my head). Anyway, they've kind of been my "holy grail" during this diet, I AM going to get them on this body! ;)

HereIStand 10-13-2015 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueskiesahead (Post 5208879)
That explains the size 12 Calvin Klein jeans that have been lurking in the back of my closet for 25 years!
I tried them on about a month ago, when I was in 14's that were getting loose, and thinking I could finally get into them ;) . HA! NO Way! Couldn't figure it out. So what you're saying is, they're really size 8 and I might get into them yet. :D
( I remember wearing them, I had lost some weight back then when I got them. I remember wearing them on a trip to Cape Cod, felt so good to be that small. Funny that memory sticks in my head). Anyway, they've kind of been my "holy grail" during this diet, I AM going to get them on this body! ;)

Yep, it sounds like they're comparable to today's size 8.

One of my favorite stores is Chico's, which uses vanity sizing: Everything is sized at 1, 2, or 3. I used to buy size 3 there, which is equivalent to about a normal size 16. I always figured that if I lost weight, I'd fit into their size 2. But I just bought a thrifted Chico's top that's their size 1. So I guess I could honestly say, "I'm wearing a size 1." :D

My C25K run started out good yesterday, but it was hot and sunny, and by the time I got done, I wasn't feeling well at all - pretty lightheaded. I came right in the house and ate a bite of the cornbread I had made for Sunday dinner. I knew I needed sugar, and fast. Then I quickly drank some water and made my protein shake with spinach and downed that. Felt much better after about 30 minutes. I've experienced heat exhaustion before (pre-IP), and this sure felt like it was bordering on that. It's supposed to stay warm here for the next month, so I guess I'd better get my running done earlier in the morning.

I gave my daughter the IP recipe for orange chicken and fried rice cauliflower, and she made it for dinner last night. She texted me a picture with the caption, "SO GOOD. Hope restored." :)

hysteria_625 10-13-2015 09:32 AM

Linda - yeah - I am about done with P1. I've been done since August I think but stubbornly pushed through. I said I was making a decision by 10/10, and did. Wherever I land on the scale 11/21 is IT for P1. Also, it seems to be fairly common to loose another 2 or 3 through P2 / P3 so I am expecting to meet goal. DH and I have also decided to start T25 or Insanity again in December - he wants to get in better shape to run, I want to tone & P3 calories should be ok

HIS - :lol: way to take the wind out of our sails ;) I remember reading about that years ago though and how companies got 'smart' on marketing sizes as more and more women wanted to 'feel' skinny, even if the truth of the matter was very different.

blue - yes, you WILL get in the CK jeans! I loved mine so much...

Had my monthly avocado (energy / fat) last night with zoodles (yum) and 8oz of steak (iron! / calories) and feel like a million bucks again! :D

I am sure the uninterrupted 8 hours of sleep helped - I didn't even get up to use the bathroom last night :D . No funky food dreams either!

Because of the weird collagen side-effects, I had also stopped taking Natural Calm - big mistake! I honestly think that was a big part of the reason I was sleeping so poorly. Having a full belly probably helped too ;)

The scale wasn't kind this morning but health > scale # !!!!!!

blueskiesahead 10-13-2015 12:11 PM

WI this morning, as I expected just down 1lb. Losses are slowing down lately, but they are still losses, so no complaints. And after a holiday weekend, I'll take it!
Although, sadly, it seems like the days of whooshes are gone! :(

Tried out my new blender this morning. My old one was leaking, it was just a cheapie anyway. While it was tempting to consider the Vitamix ($$$$$), I just couldn't justify it. But I looked at a lot of reviews and ended up getting a Breville. Still $$ but I do use it a lot.

The weather sure has changed from the wk/end. Much cooler this week, might be frost by the weekend. We'll have to bring in the outdoor furniture this week, wash all the cushions. And then start cleaning up the gardens. None of which I mind, because it's so nice to be outside this time of year.
And so nice to come back inside with rosy cheeks and frosty fingers and light a fire and have hot chocolate (IP compliant of course ;) )

Grateful4Health 10-13-2015 12:18 PM

Beth can you say more about "weird collagen side effects" - I haven't heard of that...

Great work to everyone here!

hysteria_625 10-13-2015 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grateful4Health (Post 5208964)
Beth can you say more about "weird collagen side effects" - I haven't heard of that...

Great work to everyone here!

Amber
I started taking NeoCell (http://www.gnc.com/NeoCell-Super-Col...ductId=3704753) mid-Sept. and 1. immediately started feeling lightheaded after taking them on an empty stomach (this was alleviated by taking them with food) and then 2. about a week later, noticed the back of my throat was getting itchy / sticky / swollen.
I ignored the swollen throat thinking it was fall allergies but since I stopped taking it last Friday, the symptoms have eased considerably.

I hate it because it really did seem to be helping - my (previously) ashy arms look fantastic.

I really don't understand why I would be reacting to a 'natural' product like this...but I am super sensitive to medications in general. I have to be careful about magnesium b/c it lowers my blood pressure and iron too. But I have no issues with Biotin - go figure :dizzy:

HereIStand 10-14-2015 09:01 AM

Happy hump day!

I usually have to work at getting all my water in, but yesterday I was excessively thirsty all day. (Maybe a side effect of the borderline heat exhaustion on Monday?) Anyway, I drank a ton, and of course the scale went up almost a pound and a half this morning. :(

I'm taking my daughter and daughter-in-law shopping at one of my favorite thrift stores this evening. I really HAVE to do something about getting some jeans that fit. My 10s are baggy enough that they aren't suitable to wear to work anymore. Don't want to pay retail, but I might stop at Old Navy since their clothes are usually pretty reasonably priced. IP problems. :D

hysteria_625 10-14-2015 11:20 AM

Sounds like you are out of the 10's for good there HIS :) congrats!

38 Days!

Hope everyone is have a good IP week - scale is fluxing as usual but TOM is due today or tomorrow, depending on what kind of mood my body is in :p I generally have gained 2 -3 pounds right before starting so not stressing

Restarting the magnesium so far has proven to be the right move in regards to regulating my sleep habits again. I slept through again last night and feel well rested today :)

Almost all the sinus / congestion is gone today too

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH - This is getting so daggone frustrating with the hunger issues right now!

Felt good all day yesterday (did NOT exercise) and today up through lunch...I was feeling so good I decided to go for a quick 2 mile walk - nothing strenuous, normal pace. Stopped at HT for some spinach and Frank's Red Hot to keep at work. Ate my pork loin / 1C rutabaga with 1C raw mushroom / 1C raw spinach/mustard/hot sauce and am now starving! Just ate about 1/2 a cucumber with ACV. I am STILL hungry :(
I am going to go with the "15 minute" rule I read about on FB yesterday - it's a trick they give to people to overcome cravings for food/drugs/alcohol etc...but I don't believe this is boredom. Trust me, I have work to do...but I am so hungry I am having a hard time concentrating which is making it more difficult to ignore since I REALLY, absolutely, have to get things done.
I won't lie - last month I was able to shut my office door and lay down / watch You Tube / do crosswords...this month I absolutely have to be able to focus (and here I am typing out my frustration, hoping the hunger dies down so I can get back to what I NEED to be doing) Ugh!
Sorry folks - boy, I am absolutely not the IP poster-child right now :(

hysteria_625 10-15-2015 09:07 AM

37 days

I keep saying I need to listen to my body, but it gets so frustrating when, having been overweight my entire life, I don't trust it :(

Scale dropped drastically this morning (had to weigh 3 times to be sure), after yesterday's extra snack - I gave in around 3p and had a Quest bar and was able to work the rest of the afternoon w/o issue.

Could all the walking / gym-ratting be paying off? Am I actually building muscle that is helping me burn more fat/kcals so even a walk is using more energy than say, in July...? This is where I wish I had access to those super-scales with the BF%, hydration, etc...(although I still wonder about their accuracy)

Is it the "no pain, no gain" mentality that's so prevalent in society? Have I come to a point where I believe if I'm not uncomfortable, I'm not losing weight :(

I am also starting to have the body image issues. I am still starting P2 11/21...but I find myself happy with my sideways view but ugh about my wide upper thighs / hips. Chayote shaped indeed :lol:! I also still have quite a bit of flop around my belly. Then I feel guilty and wonder how I can still see 'imperfections' after losing 86 pound and getting into a size 8?

The end of this journey has mentally been more of a struggle than anything in the first 7 months, combined :dizzy: .

HereIStand 10-15-2015 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria_625 (Post 5209342)
I keep saying I need to listen to my body, but it gets so frustrating when, having been overweight my entire life, I don't trust it :(

Scale dropped drastically this morning (had to weigh 3 times to be sure), after yesterday's extra snack - I gave in around 3p and had a Quest bar and was able to work the rest of the afternoon w/o issue.

Could all the walking / gym-ratting be paying off? Am I actually building muscle that is helping me burn more fat/kcals so even a walk is using more energy than say, in July...? This is where I wish I had access to those super-scales with the BF%, hydration, etc...(although I still wonder about their accuracy)

Is it the "no pain, no gain" mentality that's so prevalent in society? Have I come to a point where I believe if I'm not uncomfortable, I'm not losing weight :(

I am also starting to have the body image issues. I am still starting P2 11/21...but I find myself happy with my sideways view but ugh about my wide upper thighs / hips. Chayote shaped indeed :lol:! I also still have quite a bit of flop around my belly. Then I feel guilty and wonder how I can still see 'imperfections' after losing 86 pound and getting into a size 8?

The end of this journey has mentally been more of a struggle than anything in the first 7 months, combined :dizzy: .

You - and some of the other ladies here - have really had a lot to process, mentally, through this change. I think it's good that you verbalize it and get feedback.

As someone with a degree and work history in exercise physiology, I don't have any faith at all in those clinic scales that allegedly can measure BF, water, etc. I know that there are gold standard ways to measure those things, and a scale you stand on is not one of them.

Yes, you are most certainly increasing your muscle mass. At the very least, your muscle/fat percentages have changed, so more muscle is being used for metabolism. Keep walking! It's one of the best exercises for decreasing fat and toning your midsection. Are you ever going to have a supermodel's body? Probably not! But make your unique body the healthiest it can be, and learn to be thankful for strong legs that can walk for miles. :) Positive self-talk!!

_____

Well, I did it. I bought new size 8 jeans at Old Navy. Unbelievable. :dizzy: If I lose 10 more pounds through running, I might be in a size 6, but I'm not counting on that. I will be very happy to stay in 8s in maintenance. I don't have those lean legs that many runners have. I have naturally large calves and my thighs are still a couple of inches bigger than I'd like, but I look proportionate for my height and bone structure. Most importantly, I feel better than I have in years.

After seeing the scale drop a bit more this morning (I was up 3 times to pee last night!!), I'm feeling confident that I will make my goal weight by Nov. 2. If I lose a little in P2, that will be a bonus, and will help my running pace. Tomorrow, I will be 2/3 of the way through C25K, and I'm still kind of shocked that I can actually do each day's running and not feel like I'm dying at the end of it. :) (Side note: I downloaded an app called "Happy Scale" which can give you different predictions on when you'll reach certain weight milestones. I like it and wish I had known about it sooner.)

The girls & I stopped in Target last night and I found the much-coveted cauliflower crumbles, so I'm making fried rice tonight. YUM. It's another warm day so I'll be out walking my 3 miles soon.

Grateful4Health 10-15-2015 11:50 AM

Beth - remind me - you don't have a coach, correct?

I hate to be the bearer of news you might not want to hear, but your body might be at its goal weight, and/or it might be "done".

I've been through what you're going through twice now - at the end of P1 in a big way, and then at the end of this last little mini reboot.
I want my goal to be 140 in my mind, but my body wants to be at 160. I got down to 150 for about three days at the end of P3, so in my mind that's where I'm always trying to get, but realistically my body wants to stay around 160, which was my original goal weight.

My doctor and coach kept telling me over and over that the rest of the weight I was trying to lose was skin, not fat. I still have trouble believing it. When the glycogen comes back my skin fluffs out about 7 lbs, so 150 or even 155 isn't really sustainable or healthy. And everyone around me tells me I look much better with the "fluff" - without it I am gaunt and have no butt or boobs.

It is a kind of body dysmorphia (which I'm told most people have to some degree these days). I still am working with my negativity toward my stomach and thighs.

Good luck, just wanted to offer my experience. Learning what it feels like to sustain, maintain and stay healthy and have the lifestyle I want - I'm very active - and the "runway model" look and resulting low food/calorie/energy intake doesn't really allow me to function well in my life. The extra carbs and glycogen and extra 5 lbs actually allow me to do what I want to do.

You are doing great!!!

hysteria_625 10-15-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

I know that there are gold standard ways to measure those things, and a scale you stand on is not one of them.
I think you may have mentioned it before (forgive me) - would you mind posting (again....?)

Quote:

At the very least, your muscle/fat percentages have changed, so more muscle is being used for metabolism. Keep walking!
Absolutely! I am addicted and looking forward to doing more exercise using body resistance and cardio - it's frustrating though that right now even walking seems to be working against me getting to my goal (ie - the hangries / eating more)...and I will touch more on that below Amber's quote...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grateful4Health (Post 5209381)
Beth - remind me - you don't have a coach, correct?

I hate to be the bearer of news you might not want to hear, but your body might be at its goal weight, and/or it might be "done".

I've been through what you're going through twice now - at the end of P1 in a big way, and then at the end of this last little mini reboot.
I want my goal to be 140 in my mind, but my body wants to be at 160. I got down to 150 for about three days at the end of P3, so in my mind that's where I'm always trying to get, but realistically my body wants to stay around 160, which was my original goal weight.

My doctor and coach kept telling me over and over that the rest of the weight I was trying to lose was skin, not fat. I still have trouble believing it. When the glycogen comes back my skin fluffs out about 7 lbs, so 150 or even 155 isn't really sustainable or healthy. And everyone around me tells me I look much better with the "fluff" - without it I am gaunt and have no butt or boobs.

It is a kind of body dysmorphia (which I'm told most people have to some degree these days). I still am working with my negativity toward my stomach and thighs.

Good luck, just wanted to offer my experience. Learning what it feels like to sustain, maintain and stay healthy and have the lifestyle I want - I'm very active - and the "runway model" look and resulting low food/calorie/energy intake doesn't really allow me to function well in my life. The extra carbs and glycogen and extra 5 lbs actually allow me to do what I want to do.

You are doing great!!!

Thank you so much Amber

Correct - no coach. But I go to my PDoc regularly for blood work ups (last time the only concern was slightly elevated iron) and they know about IP / have been supportive...I don't track my sugars / bp though and sometimes think I should.

I hear you...at least I try to listen and glean what I can out of all the advice...and then come on and b**ch about the same problems...what's the definition of "insanity", right? ;) I think what really gets me is that I am 99.9% convinced this is more hormonal (PMS) than the diet. For the last 3 months, I've really struggled, BUT been rewarded for my perseverance on the scale.

I saw a great meme the other day & am no good at posting images here so:

"Your healthy body weight is one that you can maintain easily whilst eating intuitively and being active, NOT dieting or exercising like mad."

I completely agree with this statement.

What makes it SO incredibly hard for me is that at no time in my adult life have I been below 158 pounds (2004) - and I have NEVER maintained a weight below 170 for any length of time. Most people have a healthy adult touchstone to reach for - their weight in high school / college / wedding day, etc...I have nothing...

My weight was 148.6 this morning - a number I can't remember EVER seeing on a scale because I was +200 by the time the doctors got involved when I was in middle school. Maybe I was in 5th grade? Idk :(

So, keeping that in mind, I have absolutely NO idea where my body is going to be comfortable. Maybe you are right and it is desperately trying to tell me it's time to stop but, otoh maybe it's just being stubborn and fighting b/c it is outside of anything its known for almost 30 years...

Right now, this journey feels like it has become a mental limbo of "how low can you go"? I've set a firm date (11/21), I am sticking to that date, and baring any mental/medical issues am planning to push through.

Also, at the end of the day, it is SO hard to "give up". Food / salt has always worked - I should know better than to keep working out (even walking) while PMS'ing...I just keep (stupidly) pushing my limits.

HereIStand 10-15-2015 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria_625 (Post 5209392)
I think you may have mentioned it before (forgive me) - would you mind posting (again....?)

1. Hydrostatic, or underwater weighing, is one of the most accurate methods, but is not widely available. If you live in a city with a university or weight research lab, you can probably find someone to do this. $100-$150.
2. DEXA scan is also very accurate. Sometimes insurance will pay for this if you have symptoms (usually bone problems) that warrant it. Can run around $250.
3. Skin fold/ caliper measurements are fairly accurate, depending on the experience of the measurer. Most good fitness centers will have a set of calipers and can do the measurements for you. Or you can buy a set of calipers yourself ($10), and learn how to do the measurements.
4. The bio-impedence method (scale) is the most inaccurate, and the results can vary depending on your hydration at the moment.

blueskiesahead 10-15-2015 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria_625 (Post 5209342)

Quote:

I am addicted and looking forward to doing more exercise using body resistance and cardio - it's frustrating though that right now even walking seems to be working against me getting to my goal

What makes it SO incredibly hard for me is that at no time in my adult life have I been below 158 pounds (2004) - and I have NEVER maintained a weight below 170 for any length of time. Most people have a healthy adult touchstone to reach for - their weight in high school / college / wedding day, etc...I have nothing...

So, keeping that in mind, I have absolutely NO idea where my body is going to be comfortable. Maybe you are right and it is desperately trying to tell me it's time to stop but, otoh maybe it's just being stubborn and fighting b/c it is outside of anything its known for almost 30 years...

Right now, this journey feels like it has become a mental limbo of "how low can you go"? I've set a firm date (11/21), I am sticking to that date, and baring any mental/medical issues am planning to push through.

Beth, I wish I had the right words of wisdom to help you through these struggles your having right now.
FWIW, (just my 2cents) - I think your decision to set yourself a firm goal date is a good thing. It's only about a month, and you're strong enough to tough it out that long. The next few weeks will give you some of the answers you're looking for. Maybe Amber is right, and you're "done". But from what I've learned about you in the months we've both been here, I think you want to find out for sure.
It's hard not to have an image of what your body "should" look like. Maybe you are going to still be "chayote shaped" (love that image, BTW). I am. Always have been, and getting thinner probably won't change that. I know I can remember myself at 140 and 130 - and there are pictures to remind me.
Because you can't do that, you can only go by how you feel right now. When you are happy with where you are, with how you feel. When your body resists losing any more.

Not much help I know. But I'm glad you are comfortable with posting your struggles with this if it helps, we're all in your corner, you know ... and even if you don't get the answers you need, I know you'll get to where you need to be.

Grateful4Health 10-15-2015 04:31 PM

Beth, just keep writing as much as you want:) is my other thought....

I think the posting/journaling is what helps us all work everything out for ourselves. There is no "one way" to do this journey, and you are succeeding in every way.

I know for me, all my my trial and error (which I'm definitely still in) has all been part of the learning curve.

hysteria_625 10-15-2015 09:42 PM

HIS - thanks :) the first two are out of my $ range right now but I made an appointment with our in-house gym at work - they have calipers and I trust the guy who owns / runs it

Blue - :hug: awwww I got the warm and fuzzies :D I have one picture from when I was around 160 in 2004 - right before I got pregnant with DD10. That's a thought for IP clinics - invest in software that can show potential clients what they could look like at goal. I can't be the only one :)

I really appreciate all of you and your thoughts, support, stories, and understanding.

HereIStand 10-16-2015 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria_625 (Post 5209468)
HIS - thanks :) the first two are out of my $ range right now but I made an appointment with our in-house gym at work - they have calipers and I trust the guy who owns / runs it

Blue - :hug: awwww I got the warm and fuzzies :D I have one picture from when I was around 160 in 2004 - right before I got pregnant with DD10. That's a thought for IP clinics - invest in software that can show potential clients what they could look like at goal. I can't be the only one :)

Excellent! I hope you find the results are helpful and NOT discouraging!

I think your software idea is brilliant. You should pitch that to IP and maybe make a bazillion dollars. :D

I had an unexpected, hard challenge yesterday. I was digging around in the freezer at lunchtime, looking for partial bags of veggies I could eat up. (Let me add I was very hungry at this point.) I picked up a bag of Brussels sprouts, and right underneath it was a ziplock baggie of 6 or 7 homemade Toll House chocolate chip cookies. These are absolutely my favorite thing in the world, and a BIG trigger food for me. I am okay if they aren't cold, but once those babies are refrigerated or frozen and the chocolate chips are nicely hard.... all self-control goes out the window. Oh man, I picked up the baggie and just didn't know what to do. I really wanted to eat just one. (Now I know how crack addicts feel.) I finally put it on the counter, heated up my veggies real quick, ate, and left the house to do errands. I knew that if I was within a mile of those things, I would end up eating them. When I got home, my husband was there and I made him eat them right away. I'm still wanting those *^%#$ cookies today. Even thinking about the new low on the scale isn't helping. Grrrrr.

On a positive note, I found my dress for the wedding, and it's a size 6!!! And thrifted, so it was a real find. I will try to post a picture later. It's very form-fitting, so I don't dare gain an ounce, but I might stay on P3 an extra week just to be safe. Also found a size 8 Calvin Klein little black dress that's gorgeous, and - bonus! - long enough.

My daughter's first official weigh-in day was today, and she lost 6 pounds the first week. Not much in inches, but I told her that was pretty typical, as it was probably mostly water weight. I have to say it's nice to have a real-life diet buddy to share recipes and swap packets.

hysteria_625 10-16-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereIStand (Post 5209545)
Excellent! I hope you find the results are helpful and NOT discouraging!

I think your software idea is brilliant. You should pitch that to IP and maybe make a bazillion dollars. :D

I had an unexpected, hard challenge yesterday. I was digging around in the freezer at lunchtime, looking for partial bags of veggies I could eat up. (Let me add I was very hungry at this point.) I picked up a bag of Brussels sprouts, and right underneath it was a ziplock baggie of 6 or 7 homemade Toll House chocolate chip cookies. These are absolutely my favorite thing in the world, and a BIG trigger food for me. I am okay if they aren't cold, but once those babies are refrigerated or frozen and the chocolate chips are nicely hard.... all self-control goes out the window. Oh man, I picked up the baggie and just didn't know what to do. I really wanted to eat just one. (Now I know how crack addicts feel.) I finally put it on the counter, heated up my veggies real quick, ate, and left the house to do errands. I knew that if I was within a mile of those things, I would end up eating them. When I got home, my husband was there and I made him eat them right away. I'm still wanting those *^%#$ cookies today. Even thinking about the new low on the scale isn't helping. Grrrrr.

On a positive note, I found my dress for the wedding, and it's a size 6!!! And thrifted, so it was a real find. I will try to post a picture later. It's very form-fitting, so I don't dare gain an ounce, but I might stay on P3 an extra week just to be safe. Also found a size 8 Calvin Klein little black dress that's gorgeous, and - bonus! - long enough.

My daughter's first official weigh-in day was today, and she lost 6 pounds the first week. Not much in inches, but I told her that was pretty typical, as it was probably mostly water weight. I have to say it's nice to have a real-life diet buddy to share recipes and swap packets.

:bravo::cp::dancer:
FANTASTIC HIS - congrats! You must feel like a million bucks!!! Both the willpower and the dresses! Poo-poo to those cookies ;)

And congrats to your daughter on her loss. Hope her progress is speedy and she gets to goal quickly. With you supporting her, I know she's got this!

I am jealous of your thrift store lol - jeans / slacks are great at the one I go to...dresses not so much (that rack is always picked over or empty) :p I am thinking of a trip to a place called "Plato's Closet" - a second hand shop that is suppose to be "hip". I need to find a dress for November 6th :D

& we'll see what comes of my 11:00 appointment at the gym to be measured. The email back was "we have a new machine that uses ‘bioelectrical impedance’ to measures body fat"...*sigh*
I know they used to have the manual calipers because I did a full body work up a couple years back as part of a birthday special - it was 3 personal training sessions, along with the work up (weight, bf %, bp). I don't even remember what my body fat % was at the time :p

This weekend is looking nippy for the mid-atlantic!
Linda hope y'alls boat is winterized and stowed :)
DH is gearing up for hunting season, so for the first time in a while, we won't be doing anything together (yay :lol: love him but...)
DD10 and I are going to have a mommy-daughter Saturday and pamper ourselves. She has dance until noon, and then we are going to have a pedicure and hit the mall for some shopping. Momma wants some calf-high boots (since they'll FIT now!) and DD10 LOVES boots too so we'll find her a pair (my baby is wearing 7 / 8 Women's now!!!! :eek:). Plus I am hitting the jewelry store to get some ring sizers put in. The inevitable happened yesterday and they slid off over my knuckle :( IP problems eh?
Then I am going to try and find a 'sexy' zombie costume for a Halloween party next Saturday :D Time to show off all this hard work!!!

blueskiesahead 10-16-2015 10:24 AM

HIS- Bravo to you for resisting the cookies! :yes: My weakness is Werther's caramels. I can NOT walk down the candy aisle in the grocery store because if I see them, I am soooo tempted. Not sure what I would do if I had any in the house.

What fantastic luck to find the dress for the wedding, especially at a thrift. And what a bonus LBD too ! What a great day for you. Extra bonus, that's got to be a great motivation for your daughter, seeing you finding all these cute clothes in a small size (OMG! 6!!!). So glad she's had a good week. Any diet is hard to stick with, sounds like she's making a good start and will be successful, just like you :yes:

This must have been a thrifting week...
I've put away my summer clothes :( and all the size 14s are now out of my closet. I'm solidly in 12s, but a few are getting loose. And sweaters, and jackets, now that its cooler, I've been trying on the ones I have, you guessed it, since last winter, all too big! ;)
So I was out yesterday morning and had a chance to stop at a thrift near where I was, found a few things. Nothing special, really, just some pants and tops, but in a way that's good. I've been lucky over the last few months and found some really nice things, that I only got to wear a few times, before I blew past that size, and away they went. :( Kind of "hate that/love that", you know :D
I must admit, I was never much of a thrifter before, but I might still be one after I've reached goal, it's kind of fun to find something great! :D

Fall colors are starting to peak north of here, so this afternoon, we're going to take advantage of a relatively free day and take a nice drive up the lake.
Maybe find some nice walking trails, and get out and enjoy.

HereIStand 10-16-2015 01:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Photo on left was right around the time I started protocol, June 2015. Photo on the right was yesterday, 52 pounds lighter.

hysteria_625 10-16-2015 01:49 PM

Blue - a beautiful walk in the fall colors sounds amazing! :D

Results from the gym...and they no longer have the manual calipers :(

Weight: 150.4 (with clothes / breakfast / water ;) )
BMI: 23.9
Body Fat: 32.3
Viseral fat: 5
Skeletal Muscle: 29.5

All fell within "normal" ranges per their charts.

HIS - any insight? Do the scales tend to be high? Low? Completely inaccurate?

HereIStand 10-16-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria_625 (Post 5209601)
Results from the gym...and they no longer have the manual calipers :(

Weight: 150.4 (with clothes / breakfast / water ;) )
BMI: 23.9
Body Fat: 32.3
Viseral fat: 5
Skeletal Muscle: 29.5

All fell within "normal" ranges per their charts.

HIS - any insight? Do the scales tend to be high? Low? Completely inaccurate?

According to most experts, the bioimpedence scales can easily be off +/- 2% on body fat. But I did read about one woman who had a DEXA scan and then used the scale right after. DEXA said her BF was 19%; the scale said 33%! So quite a big difference there. A lot depends on how hydrated you are.

I will say this: if your gym's scale was remotely accurate, your numbers ARE within normal limits for your height and weight. I find it interesting that your BMI measured at 23.9, and not 24.2, as it would be by doing the standard mathematical formula. Of course, BMI is widely known to be a poor measure of overall fitness, so it's a moot point.