3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   2015 Starters – Moving Forward into Fall (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/305856-2015-starters-%96-moving-forward-into-fall.html)

Destony 10-28-2015 11:44 AM

Missy I have been told by my coach (a 3 year maintainer) that muchrooms, when you cook them need to be counted as a veggie. Cooking changes them- think onions. Personal experience- be careful of the soy sauce- I won't eat it within 2 days of my weigh in because it causes me to retain fluid. Sounds delicious though! Have you tried Jicama yet? My very favorite veggie!!
HIS 2 lbs!!!! Wow girl! You'll be there soon!! I will probably be in phase 1 still, but not sure. I plan to stick with white breast meat, mashed cauliflower, maybe some green beans. I'll bring some WF cranberry to dinner to have with my turkey. I'll also bring a brownie or something like that for desert time- Oh, I still have some Quest Apple Pie bars (old style) THAT'S what I'll have. I'll probably have the majority of my veggies at dinner.
BethP3 breakfast is right around the corner. I was reading something in a waiting room recently Jennifer Anniston has a poached egg ( I think) but more imprtantly she has whole wheat toast with coconut oil instead of butter- sounds YUM-MY!
BlueCongrats on the steady losses!! Do tell, what have you tried from Nashua. I'm slowly trying more and more alternative stuff- but its mostly restricted things.
Hope everyone is well- Happy Wednesday everyone!!

hysteria_625 10-28-2015 01:08 PM

:cheer2: L13!!!!!

Blue - congrats on the loss :D happy you continue seeing such terrific losses - goal will be here before you know it! I too have enjoyed Nashua's products & service and actually plan to continue ordering the puddings into maintenance for a lower calories, higher protein snack - and it makes terrific "IP ice cream"

HIS - :lol: I can just see you gazing longingly at the jar ;) I've continually had peanut butter in the house - both powdered (pbFit) and regular. I've used the powder a handful of times recently and find I really like it now - before, it was mostly for baking.
Now, almond or cashew butter would be a HUGE problem. My boss has a jar of cashew butter at work right now... :devil:
ETA - Thanksgiving...I am planning to fix mashed rutabaga with WF maple syrup in place of sweet potatoes & some brussel sprouts...I will probably just do 2 shakes, or a Quest Bar and a shake for breakfast / lunch & like you, save my veggie allotment for dinner. I am also not going to be overly concerned when / if I step on the scale Friday morning...since I do all the cooking & cleaning, I am sure a couple extra pieces of turkey are going to end up in my belly ;)

You have me thinking about my homemade stuffing though :?: I've never measured anything when making it, relying on taste-tests...guess it will be a crap-shoot this year ;)

Hadn't seen my chiropractor in a month and she commented on how much smaller I looked. She was shocked when I told her I was only about 5 pounds lighter and we discussed how my body is desperately holding onto whatever it can. Fwiw, she thinks part of it is muscle and told me she would bring down the calipers she has at home to use at my November appointment.
She also told me I've been an interesting "study" for her and that I'm one of the most successful patients with my weight loss she's had in her 30 years of practice :D

I switched things up a little this morning too since my appointment was later - when I came back to work (got in at 7am ugh!) I went straight to the gym and worked out - had a Quest bar post-work out, and now have had lunch and feel pretty good. 3 hours to go, but maybe I've keyed in on something - ie, eating something immediately post-workout

Fat experiment is going ok - scale moved, down -1.2 from yesterday and I am down another digit in the ones column - 146.8. Slowly, but surely :D Cutting back today (regular P1 w/ extra workout snack) and will see how I feel tomorrow.

Grateful4Health 10-28-2015 01:09 PM

HIS when I was on P1 for Thanksgiving my clinic suggested I exercise on that day and add a potato. That was all I needed. I also had cheese with crudites (celery/etc. plate of things I could eat) that I shared with everyone and snacked on through the day.
I'm sure whatever decision you make that day would be fine.

blueskiesahead 10-28-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loser13 (Post 5211886)
Day 1 done...thanks again ladies!

That first step is the hardest! Keep going, you can do this!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereIStand (Post 5211958)
Sigh. These last couple of pounds just don't want to budge. Stayed OP yesterday (although I ate two cups of asparagus, which is crazy high in carbs - why is that not an occasional veggie??), and drank my water.... and the scale crept up a bit more. I didn't get enough sleep, though, so maybe that's a factor. I might try going back to shakes twice a day to see if I can get something going in downward direction.

I am definitely waiting until later in the day to do my running. The wind is blowing at 20 mph right now, which makes for a miserable running experience. I need to order a good waterproof, windproof jacket, but am loathe to spend the money.

My American friends, how are you going to handle Thanksgiving? I will be on P3 at that point, and my daughter will still be in P1. (She's lost 12 pounds in two weeks, BTW!) I don't know how I feel about eating just turkey and mashed cauliflower. Would it be okay to have all 4 cups of vegetables at that meal, just for that day? Then I could at least make a variety of things for her & I to eat. I might also make "rolls" with a pancake mix.

HIS - in another post, Ro22 mentioned doing a "boot camp" week, (replacing dinner protein with 2 packets) and had a 5lb loss for the week. Might be a thought, even if not for a week, maybe a few days? Might be enough to shake those stubborn lbs loose.

We had our Thanksgiving a few weeks ago, and that's what I did, saved my veg for dinner. Instead of mashed potatoes, I made pureed celery root with roasted garlic, a bit of oil. Quite good, I like it better than the cauliflower, and I didn't miss the potatoes.

blueskiesahead 10-28-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destony (Post 5211982)
Do tell, what have you tried from Nashua. I'm slowly trying more and more alternative stuff- but its mostly restricted things.

Linda, I wanted a good selection to try out, so I ordered the Quest and Syntrax protein powder samples, the Proti-thin choc RTD, some of the Protithin shakes/puddings, and Protdiet blueberry pancakes. Only bar I got was the caramel nut.
I haven't tried them all, just trying to space them out between the IP ones.
But so far, I've tried and liked
-Quest chocolate milkshake powder
-Quest chocolate milkshake powder with Quest peanut butter powder
-Protithin caramel cafe latte
-Syntrax Nectar Cappucino - blend w 8oz water, 1/2 c ice ….. good taste. medium thickness

I tried to make the mug cake with Quest salted caramel powder (2T egg white, 1T water, 1T WF caramel.) Came out kind of tough, maybe I should have added baking powder. Nice taste tho
Also tried to make a mug cake with the blueberry pancake (w 3T water). Ok, but kind of so-so. Must have not done it right.
(If anyone can help with how to make a good mug cake, I'd love to know!!:)

Oh, and I also tried the EAS Carb Advantage Choc. I blended it with a bit of ice, which I do with all my drinks, but it stayed liquid, did not thicken. tasted OK, but I probably won't get any more

Ro22 posted in another tread about making cookies and pudding with the Quest powder, I'm going to try that.

I know you've gone over to the "dark side" recently too :D ... what have you found that you really like?

hysteria_625 10-28-2015 09:09 PM

Blue - the pancake mug cake trick is to use an egg white (and a drop of water if it's still too thick) - I sometimes also put a very small amount of WF syrup in & microwave for 55 seconds - so moist!

Destony 10-29-2015 05:57 AM

bluethanks , I am going to have to try some of it. I have the Carbvantage chocolate also. I wish it were more chocolately.
I still have to try the mug cake. I've stayed away from restricteds this week because of my apples. We will see on Saturday maybe I'll have it for breakfast tomorrow.
Struggling to help my diet buddy. She is going off the rails, binging, *****ing about it and now up 10 lbs. I'm trying to be helpful and supportive, but getting ready to scold her. It's getting to be 2 weeks she's lost or had lost 78 lbs. she was the reason I decided to do this. She needs to take responsibility, and I've been gentle with her-but ....any thoughts??

hysteria_625 10-29-2015 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destony (Post 5212130)
bluethanks , I am going to have to try some of it. I have the Carbvantage chocolate also. I wish it were more chocolately.
I still have to try the mug cake. I've stayed away from restricteds this week because of my apples. We will see on Saturday maybe I'll have it for breakfast tomorrow.
Struggling to help my diet buddy. She is going off the rails, binging, *****ing about it and now up 10 lbs. I'm trying to be helpful and supportive, but getting ready to scold her. It's getting to be 2 weeks she's lost or had lost 78 lbs. she was the reason I decided to do this. She needs to take responsibility, and I've been gentle with her-but ....any thoughts??

Linda - the mug cakes (using pancake mix at least) are unrestricted :)

Unfortunately, as a co-dependent who's been through a lot of therapy, the only person you can control is you...that said, it is your friend. How does she normally respond to other types of criticisms? Has "tough love" worked with her in other situations that you are aware of? I am not one who believes in continually blowing smoke up someones rear-end, but it sounds as if she is beating herself up already.
Remind her again how much $$ she has spent losing this weight (if you think that will mean anything to her...some people have enough $ to not have to worry about it...lucky them ;) ).
Maybe a shopping trip? It could prod her to realize how much nicer it is to shop in the regular sizes (even up 10 pounds).
Or have her over for a nice, compliant dinner? Chat...discuss your concerns - maybe there is more going on than meets the eye? Or she just finally crossed that "line". Or she may just be done - but if she is done, she really, really needs to take the time (3 weeks or so) to phase off correctly.
I can only speak from my feelings as they stand, right now...but as much as I would like to see 138 before entering P3, all hells chariots couldn't change my mind from the 11/21 date I've set. I am done, BUT I am happy.
It doesn't sound like your friend is very happy - but if she's done (for now...) she needs to reboot for a week and phase off - if she started right now, she could be P4 by Thanksgiving. (((Linda)))

Scale was steady this morning (146.8) even with my peanut butter "ice cream" experiment last night (2T of pbFit).
Avoiding the gym today and no walking either as it is parent-open-house at DD10's dance studio. Normally parents are not allowed to watch practices, but we can this week.
Last night was her Hip Hop class - that was fun & I understand why she comes home hungry. Heck, I wanted to get up and boogie with the kids :D

DD19 came home last night and has her list of chores to get rolling with. A couple people are bringing side dishes now, so I only need to make deviled eggs for Saturday.

23 / 37 days, respectively :D

HereIStand 10-29-2015 09:44 AM

Linda, I'm very non-interventionist in most situations, except to tell the person I know they're struggling and I love them and will support them if they want help. Like Beth said, she really needs to find the motivation somewhere within herself.

Beth, my daughter took ballet and tap for 14 years. I remember those parents night observations. So fun!

I was really careful, diet-wise, yesterday, with no restricted. My calories were under 800. And it was a running day. Yet the scale didn't move (up OR down) this morning. I'm beginning to think this 157 mark is the point where my body wants to park, permanently. And I'd be fine with that if I didn't know that I'm going to gain some weight when I reintroduce carbs. Even if my clothes fit the same, I don't know if I can mentally handle seeing 160 on the scale. :(

I made a mug cake with Quest powder last night. I used 3 T egg whites and a dribble of water and a spoonful of WF strawberry jam. In my microwave, 40 seconds does it or the thing will be tough as leather. But it still had that gummy protein texture. I like the pancake mixes in a mug better.

3-mile walk this morning, and then a few appointments this afternoon. We're supposed to get some raging storms over the next two days, with the possibility of tornadoes, so I'll definitely be going to the gym tomorrow for my run.

ETA: Thanks, everyone, for the Thanksgiving day ideas. I'm going to talk to my daughter and see what she wants me to make. The girl LOVES our annual Thanksgiving Day meal, and I know she's going to be grumpy about not eating sweet potato casserole (loaded with sugar) and crescent rolls and pumpkin pie. It's a hard time of year to be on this diet. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, NY Eve, and we have several birthdays in Nov/Dec., plus the wedding in December.

HereIStand 10-29-2015 10:23 AM

Linda, I forgot to mention what I buy from Nashua.

PD chili - I doctor it up with extra chili powder.
PD oatmeal
ProtiThin soy puffs (I love these TOO much)
Weight Loss Systems puddings - my favorites are cocomint and the one with mini marshmallows
WLS chocolate cake - unrestricted and pretty tasty (better than mug cake)
Health Smart gelatin - I love these as an evening snack because they're not too filling, have only 60 calories and NO carbs. I plan to keep eating these in maintenance.
Protein pretzels (can't remember the brand) - I like these SO much more than Quest chips. They're very close to the real thing.

I just ordered some soup and Wonderslim cheesecake from Diet Direct; I'll try to remember to come back and let you know what I think about those.

hysteria_625 10-29-2015 06:35 PM

Wonked out at work again :(
Same symptoms as before including the muddled thinking - went straight to my doctors:
- not pregnant (lol)
- urine was fine (not in ketoacidosis - not that I thought I was)
- blood sugar & blood pressure were fine (I ate a Quest bar on top of lunch)
- outwardly I look fine
- blood work results will be in tomorrow morning - tested thyroid, b12, D, ferrin, and cbc to be sure I am not anemic

I think this was it though...I feel like I am okay where I am at right now - weight and clothes wise. Unless the blood work shows something, i.e. Thyroid numbers are high, iron is still high (that would suck...not sure what that will mean) or low , low b12 or d (doubtful...) then I will reevaluate but I think today may have been day 1 of P2. I went home and had a 10oz steak with brussel sprouts and feel so much better.

jaimie1980 10-29-2015 07:56 PM

Hi all! Hoping to join you in this thread. I am not on Ideal Protein, but a very similar plan in my local area branded Profile. It is a multi phase high protein diet with very little carbs (just whats in the shakes/bars/meal replacements) and no sugar, diet soda or alcohol allowed. It sounds very much like what you all are doing.

I am week 3, day 4. Weeks 1 and 2 were a breeze other than the 'keto flu" for a couple days. I lost 8 pounds in week one, and 3 in week two. This week, so far, is not going well even though I have not cheated. Hopefully I will get a whoosh later this week, as I weigh in on Monday.

My goal for this program is to get to 149, which won't necessarily be thin, but I will be 'normal' and I don't expect a model type body. I have had three kids, and haven't been thin since 2000. I weighed around 130-135 most of my teen/early adult years, so i figure a little over that will do me just fine. I can always adjust later if needed. I will need to lose a total of 58 pounds to get there, so I have 47 to go!

I hope I can join you all for some motivation, since there is no thread for my plan. It is a regional thing, and not very big yet.

Loser13 10-29-2015 09:56 PM

Day 4 ...almost done...have had some bad headaches...tired and a little on the *****y side...

Blue..I saw you were from Canada ...which province...I saw you ordred from Nashua which is in the States...can you give me an idea of price difference with exchange and shipping?

Thanks for your support ladies...I know in Few days I will feel great!

HereIStand 10-30-2015 12:28 AM

Beth, my goodness, I'm glad you went right to the doctor. And, yes, it sounds like your body is trying to tell you something. I guess it decided to hurry your countdown along. :D

Jaimie, welcome! Yep, it sounds like another business that's using the ketosis protocol. You can certainly join us in these threads - some of us are doing the protocol without a clinic at all, so really anyone on protocol is welcome. 58 pounds was my goal! I'm at the -56 mark and trying to shed the last two very stubborn pounds. Mondays are my "official" weigh in days, too, although I weigh every morning to keep myself on the straight and narrow.

L13, a headache was my only keto flu symptom, but it was a doozy. Here's hoping tomorrow is better for you!

I found a set of those Pampered Chef microwave dehydrating trays at my thrift store today for only $7. Even though I have a dehydrator, I decided to give these a try with a zucchini. Because of the high water content of the squash, I first salted the slices and let them sit, then soaked up a lot of the water with paper towels. Then pressed more water out with more towels. After about 8-10 minutes in the microwave (with one flip of the slices about halfway through), they were getting VERY brown, but not completely crispy. I didn't want to cook them more because they would have been charred. So they kind of had the texture of semi-crispy beef jerky. The dehydrator definitely does a better job. I'll keep the trays and use them in maintenance to make dried fruit and other things.

I also found out today that Target carries their own brand of 0-0-0 coffee syrups. I bought French Vanilla, Caramel, and Pumpkin Spice. My evening snack was Quest vanilla powder made into pudding, with 2 T. of the pumpkin spice syrup. The vanilla flavor still overpowered the pumpkin. I might try it in the unflavored Quest powder next time.

blueskiesahead 10-30-2015 08:49 AM

Beth - Oh yeah, I agree, your body has been trying to tell you something lately. Hope the rest of the tests ore OK. Glad to hear that the steak got you back to normal :)
Let us know if you decide to go ahead with P2 today. Interesting to see how your body will react!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaimie1980 (Post 5212288)
Hi all! Hoping to join you in this thread. I am not on Ideal Protein, but a very similar plan in my local area branded Profile. It is a multi phase high protein diet with very little carbs (just whats in the shakes/bars/meal replacements) and no sugar, diet soda or alcohol allowed. It sounds very much like what you all are doing.
I hope I can join you all for some motivation, since there is no thread for my plan. It is a regional thing, and not very big yet.

Welcome Jaimie - hope you can find the support you need here. We're all here to help. Does your plan use the coach/clinic approach like IP? In any case, there is a LOT of info here, and recipes.
You're off to a great start with your losses :cp:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loser13 (Post 5212303)

Blue..I saw you were from Canada ...which province...I saw you ordred from Nashua which is in the States...can you give me an idea of price difference with exchange and shipping?

Thanks for your support ladies...I know in Few days I will feel great!

That keto flu can be nasty , :( but it will be over soon, and smooth sailing after that!
I'm in Ontario too, near the Michigan border, there are places that provide a US mailing address for us Canadians, so I just have things shipped there.
Nashua often has free shipping. I pay in US$, but exchange rate has been about 1.30 these days.
Are you close to any borders?

---------------
Had a nice lunch out with my aunt yesterday (last aunt living on both sides). She lives in a nearby town, and we had a great visit. Great lady!! Ordered a chicken Caesar salad (hold the dressing, cheese, crouton)...whoops, forgot to hold the bacon :eek: but I ate around most of it. Didn't get home till about 4. Meant to have some rhubarb to get my lunch veg in, but forgot, so had that as dessert for dinner :D
Tried the Quest PB cookies, pretty good, but I made 5 small ones instead of one big one. Not bad. Next time I will make one big one per scoop, and try it with egg white and water, just to see the difference. Will try the mug cake again today.

Destony 10-30-2015 08:58 AM

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on my situation with my diet buddy. It's so frustrating because she has worked so hard and been "misbehaving" since August. Then she laments to me, feels miserable and says I'm going to be back on the straight and narrow. I am supportive, gentle, and coddling with her. She's sensitive and also about my sons age, so we're a bit like a mother/daughter type relationship. I just am so worried about her.
BlueandHIS Thanks for sharing the information on what you have bought- The only experimenting that I have done is with some Quest bars and chips. I do wish the chips weren't so bland- and as for the bars-well, we know now that they are a new formula and not P1 compliant- so I am hoarding them...lol
I tried the pancake mix as a mug cake this morning with a Tbsp of WF blueberry syrup-I'll do that again, with other types of WF toppings. Thanks- and it was SO easy- I might try it with the drink mix that I have read about this weekend.
Tomorrow is WI, so we'll see how I do with having the apples on Saturday and being a "no restricted" person for the week.
Welcome to you Jaimie
Beth I'm really glad that you went right to the doctor's. I am anxious for you and hope that everything is going to be ok. You are probably right-your body is telling you that you are done.
Hope that everyone is well.

mamacitaof2 10-30-2015 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaimie1980 (Post 5212288)

I am week 3, day 4. Weeks 1 and 2 were a breeze other than the 'keto flu" for a couple days. I lost 8 pounds in week one, and 3 in week two. This week, so far, is not going well even though I have not cheated. Hopefully I will get a whoosh later this week, as I weigh in on Monday.

My goal for this program is to get to 149, which won't necessarily be thin, but I will be 'normal' and I don't expect a model type body. I have had three kids, and haven't been thin since 2000. I weighed around 130-135 most of my teen/early adult years, so i figure a little over that will do me just fine. I can always adjust later if needed. I will need to lose a total of 58 pounds to get there, so I have 47 to go!

Welcome! I have from the region and am familiar with this plan. I know a few individuals that have done this and have had great success! This board is a great support. There's also a lot of great recipes on the site.

PreciousMissy 10-30-2015 02:34 PM

Wow, miss a couple of days and you miss a lot :)

Hysteria, thanks for the information. I did make sure to ask my coach about coconut oil and she said it was just fine :).

Well, I'm here to confess. I got some news that was really hard to take this week and went off plan for two days. I drank alcohol and ate sausage links. It made me realize that I really do stuff my feelings with food and alcohol. When everything is fine, I can be strong. When I'm being beat down I consume things I know I shouldn't. As a result, the scale went up 4 out of the 10 that I had lost in my first week. I didn't make it in to get my official weight, so I'm just going to go in on what should be my standard day next week.

Yesterday morning it dawned on me what I was doing to myself, so I fixed the IP omelet with some veggies and forced my hiney back to work! When I got here I found out that they were having a party featuring a lot of my favorite foods. It was tough, but I didn't eat anything off plan. I was very proud of myself!

Today I got a salad from the restaurant across the street since I forgot my veggies at home, and have already scouted the menu for tonight's date night so I can stay on plan.

Destony, I have to agree with HIS about your diet buddy. There is something going on that is keeping her from having the desire to go back on plan. Is she burnt out? Is there something going on in her life and food is her escape? You can only control what you eat. Maybe you could ask her how much weight she's willing to gain back before she gets a grip on what's going on. That might click a light bulb for her.

hysteria_625 10-30-2015 03:50 PM

Jaimie - welcome :) sounds like you have found the right place! I would be interested to know what products you are using and if there are any major differences between your plan and IP protocol

Linda - As we know, this journey is so individual...I wish sometimes there really was a pill to increase willpower - or at least that avoiding temptations was easier. Would your friend be willing to read "Refuse to Regain"? I think there is another self-help book that Amber? Liana? talked about. Idk - truthfully, it's taken me a dozen+ tries to FINALLY get the weight off. I couldn't tell you what the motivation was...I've convinced myself that I didn't want to be "forty and fat" - but it was more than that. If I hadn't run into my co worker and seen the amazing results she got from IP, I may still be at 230+ - or I may not...it may have just been time.

Thank you all for your kind words / concern. Called the doctor and I am still waiting for the official results - not sure what the hold up is as generally they are available first thing in the morning.

I feel much better after going home and eating last night. 10oz steak, unweighted amount of brussel sprouts and some proti thin pudding. Had a normal breakfast this morning, avocado with my salad at lunch and feel fine! Still would have more peace of mind with my blood test results.

I did go ahead and change my MFP macros - upped calories / fat.

Amazingly, the scale was still kind to me this morning - 145.6 :D I would still really love that 5 pound buffer before hitting P3 (ie, 140 - 142...) like HIS, I know the scale is "just a number" but psychologically, I know I will feel a lot better seeing 14X than 15X

Grateful4Health 10-30-2015 04:56 PM

Beth, my experience was similar- the minute I went to P3 I was better, and I still lost 5 lbs over those two weeks. Those came back on when the muscles built back up, but it was good to have that buffer.

I don't know of other good books but Lisa really likes the Beck Diet Solution - I haven't read it myself.

Linda, I agree with HIS and Beth - it really is a timing situation, and the only thing that will allow success is personal desire and motivation. Noone else can do it for someone else.
I have learned over time to give feedback as requested, but not go out of my way to "save" anyone, esp. in areas of health, and esp. if there is addiction or other undiagnosed medical or behavioral issues.
It often backfires, even with the best intentions.

I have written about this before but in case you didn't see it, perhaps your friend would find this helpful:
I have several friends and acquaintances that have found massive success through FA or FAA (Food Anon. or Food Addicts Anonymous - you can google either). Your friend might find benefit there, if it is an addiction/behavioral issue. My understand is those issues rarely can be defeated without help or intervention, and support.
I did go to one meeting with a friend and I found the group very warm and helpful. I personally am not an addict, my issue is compulsion, which I have learned are two different things, so I didn't continue, but they offered to cooperate with my Ideal Protein plan if I ever wanted to continue, so I'm sure they would do that with your friend as needed.

My understanding is though many people in the western world have some food and body issues, stress eat at times, over or undereat at times or out of habit, etc..... but a true addiction is different, and if you don't have one, you don't understand it, and therefore what would help you would actually not help the addict. They need help from professionals who understand the problem, and/or support and advice from other addicts in recovery.

HereIStand 10-30-2015 05:37 PM

Beth, I'm trying not to be green with envy on your ongoing weight loss. I'm happy for you- just wish I could get the same thing going here!! I even checked my inches yesterday, thinking those were improving, but there was no change there, either. Harrumph.

As much I didn't want to run on a treadmill at the gym today, it turned out to be a good thing. I found out I'm running at a faster pace and covering more mileage than I realized, so I'm pretty encouraged. My goal in this first 5K is to finish in under 40 minutes, and after today, I'm confident I can do it.

I found a good hooded rain jacket and a visor at the thrift shop today, so I'm set should the weather be nasty next Saturday.

hysteria_625 10-31-2015 01:04 AM

I feel like a hypocrite sometimes as someone who tells others health should trump WL but then ignores her own advice

Good news is all my blood work is clear and they are reducing my thyroid meds - I am hyperthyroid now - go figure (TSH = 0.25, normal range starts at 1.0) b12 and D look the best they have in about 3 years - cbc was good...iron was a little high still but as the Dr pointed out, I am eating a lot of iron rich veggies and it is just above normal-high :) was very happy but it definitely solidified the fact that my body is just done...and needed fuel.
Day 2 with the extra protein...

Grateful4Health 10-31-2015 01:50 AM

Great news overall Beth - at least you know these are things that can be corrected.

I had to change my thyroid meds twice during P1 and once about a month after P1. Since then they have stayed steady and levels very good.

Destony 10-31-2015 05:42 AM

Thank you everyone again for your thoughts. In my head, I know most all of this, and as someone who can no longer indulges in alcohol, I know that until I decided the time had come, it was ultimately me that was going to have to make the decision to stop. in my heart-that always wants to save the world, I still find it tough to stand by and watch her do this to herself. I've been the yo-yo forever- I was the little girl in 6th grade that was at Gloria Stevens... regardless, I'll just be here and pray that she doesn't give up on herself. Again, thank you for the advice- and it's helpful to have the reinforcement of what I already know is right- I can only control me and my actions. It's just that- like I said, she's become like a daughter to me, and we know how with our kids, we want to protect them and see them succeed. I think I may pick up one of the books for her, and see if that helps her.
BethWOOHOO!!! I am so happy that all of your tests turned out well. I know we've all worried about you!
HISCongratualtions on the pace! You are going to rock the run!! Thanks again for the info on what you ordered. I took waht you and Blueskies had posted for me and started putting together an order from Nashua. I;m one who likes the drinks as long as they are of a milkshake consistency when I make them. That's one of the things that I dislike about the Carbvantage ones -they really don't thicken, even with a little egg white and spinach.
Happy Halloween one and all! WI this morning at 9- I hope it's not too scary- hopefully it stayed the same (of course I hope it's down but) because my coach told me to expect it to stay if I was going to eat the apples last weekend. We shall see. I have missed my restricteds (self imposed because of the apples) I hope that everyone has a great day! :bat: :ghost: :dracula:

HereIStand 10-31-2015 09:02 AM

Beth, great news on the lab reports. I'm sure once the thyroid meds get straightened out, you'll feel even better.

Linda, have you tried the Quest protein powder for shakes? I think it makes a pretty thick drink. Of course, I usually make it with spinach and some ice, in addition to the water.
______

Still no movement on the scale. I've been stuck at this weight ( +/- .5 pound) for 9 days. I've tried extra fat, no restricted snack, more water.... Kind of disappointed that I won't reach my goal by Monday's transition to P2, but it is what it is. I'll just keep hoping that maybe during the 2 weeks in P2, I'll drop down a bit.

I'm going to pick up my race packet today! But I got a text message yesterday that the t-shirts are delayed until race day, so I'm kind of bummed about that. No running today. I'm busy all morning, and the gym will be closed this afternoon. I'll do some speed work tomorrow afternoon, I think.

On a high note, my daughter lost a little more weight this last week. She said she's lost about 13 pounds in 3 weeks. The first two weeks she was pretty irritable, but yesterday she was in a great mood. She said the change in her thyroid med is probably helping, too. She got switched from Synthroid to Armor thyroid med, which seems to doing a better job for her.

blueskiesahead 10-31-2015 10:12 AM

Beth So happy to hear your lab results showed nothing serious is going on. Strange about the thyroid, but if that was what was causing all the symptoms, getting that sorted out might get you back on track to finish P1 --- if that's what you want, of course --- or continue to P2 without all the worry you've been having.

Linda - I'm so sorry about your dilemma with your friend. All you can do is let her know you're there to help when/if she's ready again. Everyone is so right, and we all know from our own personal experiences, she has to make the decision from within herself.

About the Quest powder -- HIS is right, it makes a nice thick shake. I use 1 scoop, 6-8oz water, about 1 c ice, and blend the heck out of it. I have found with all the drinks, making them in the blended with ice makes them thicker.
BTW, I love the choc/PB mixed together, my new fav :drool:

HIS That race is coming up fast! You sound more than ready, I'll be clapping for you on the (virtual) sidelines.
So glad your daughter is off to such a great start :cp:

I had a nice little find at the thrift store yesterday. Stopped in at one, hoping to find a winter coat or jacket. First thing I saw was a knee-length red wool coat, Chadwicks, perfect fit. Size 8.
And then my eye spotted a black leather jacket, Banana Republic, it looked brand new. Size SMALL
:yikes:

...whoops, my computer glitched and posted before I was finished.
Anyway, I went home happy :yes:

Hope you all have a Happy and Fun Halloween!!

Loser13 10-31-2015 04:51 PM

blue Nearest border is in the Sault which is 7 hours away. I have ordered stuff from lowcarbgrocer. I love the Smaps cereal. I know some people complained it was too crunchy but I love them with a little bit of vanilla drink. I love days BBQ snacks and they are cheaper then quest (10.14 for 6 bags vs 3.99 each for quest) BUT they have 10 g of net carbs and not 5g.

Linda I know it is hard to see your friend do this to herself but believe me she has to decide that she has had enough...I say this from personal experience since I went on a 29 day binge and my daughter tried to talk me out of buying and eating junk many times. Everyday I would get up and say that's it. Today is a new day. But by lunch or at night I would cave. Why? Well if I had the answer to that question I would not be where I am today. One day I got up and said the same thing...that's it but I came to this site and wrote about it. This had worked for me in the past so I did it again. I have had 5 days of no cheats.

This brings me to the fact that today is Day 6 of clean eating. This morning I got up at 4am (argh..could not sleep), had breakfeast at 7am, had to bring my daughter to work, went for a walk with my mom, had to go to store, had to get daughter again...all this to say that I did not get to eat my lunch till 1pm. Well I was watching TV this afternoon and my brain started talking to me about food...ehm...chips would be good...just one bowl...I got up and drank lost of water.
But this got me thinking about me not being able to get back on the wagon during my 29 day binge. I recall a few times not being able to eat lunch until late or because of practice not being able to have supper till later than usual.
My plan...to purchase quest bars or chips and carry them in my purse. I like the chips because of low carbs (sour cream is my favorite and I hate regular sour cream chips...go figure) and love the bars because of high fiber.

Today is Halloween (just in case you did not know...lol) and I felt a little depressed. Yesterday I dressed up as a gym teacher for work, yes I wore old seats with a hat, whistle. Now the reason I was bumed is because last year when I weighed 127.6 (ah just writing it kills me) I wore my 15 year old daughters school uniform as my 'costume'. I remember her saying that some students thought we looked so much alike (I am 51)...she told me...you looked so great in my uniform last year...you did it once mom, you can do it again. It took all my strength not to start balling my eyes out.

So I am letting go of the past and looking forward. I can't change what I did, I can only control what I will do. I don't want to be such a bad example for my daughter. She looks at pictures of me from 10 years ago (I weighed 251) and she can't believe its me. I know I have come a long way and I did not do it by quitting so one day at a time for me.

Believe me ladies, whatever your story, you are not alone. I really feel that this site makes a difference. Just writing my story makes me feel better and I hope that it will help others like SOOOOOO many of your posts have helped me.

Have a great...trick or treat!

Loser13 11-01-2015 06:55 AM

I'm ashamed to admit that I did not make it through Day 6 without cheating. I should of gone to be last night when I was tired but nope...watched tv half awake/half asleep and then saw all those Halloween treats left in the living room...well you can figure out the rest.

So...this is Day 1 again (for the fourth time) of a reboot without a cheat. Or I guess I could say Day 7 of reboot with a major cheat on Day 6...funny how it took a week to loose 9 pounds but one night to gain 5 pounds.

Today is another day...have a great one ladies.

Destony 11-01-2015 07:22 AM

Well, I'm sorry that this happened, BUT today is a new day so you can pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try, try again. As they say, today is the first day of the rest of your life. You can do this!!

HereIStand 11-01-2015 08:36 AM

L13, this is a hard time of year to be on a diet. I know you can do this, but you have to convince yourself of it. You have to come up with some coping techniques that work for you. Maybe having holiday food in the house just can't happen for the time being.

_________

The human body is a funny thing. I stayed OP all day yesterday, and even turned down lunch with some lady friends because I really wanted to make sure I was sticking to my plan for the day. After DH went to work at 9:00 pm, and I'd had all my food for the day, all I could think about was candy. We don't get trick or treaters, so I had no Halloween candy, but I knew there was a bag of some Lindt chocolate truffles in the freezer. I did the math and figured out I could have two without going out of ketosis for the day. (Yeah, I'm the queen of justification.) So I ate two. I had mixed feelings - happiness that I was able to stop at just two, but worried about how it would impact my progress.

This morning the scale was down 1.25 pounds. Go figure.

I'm not going to make evening candy a regular habit. :) But I'm grateful that maybe the extra calories are what I needed to kind of get a bump in my metabolism.

Now I'm off to do my speed work run. Then church, pot luck lunch afterward (I always take my own salad), and the rest of the day will be spent on wedding projects.

blueskiesahead 11-01-2015 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loser13 (Post 5212836)
I'm ashamed to admit that I did not make it through Day 6 without cheating. I should of gone to be last night when I was tired but nope...watched tv half awake/half asleep and then saw all those Halloween treats left in the living room...well you can figure out the rest.

So...this is Day 1 again (for the fourth time) of a reboot without a cheat. Or I guess I could say Day 7 of reboot with a major cheat on Day 6...funny how it took a week to loose 9 pounds but one night to gain 5 pounds.

L13 -The good thing is you accepted the slip, and committed to starting again. And I hope that coming here will help you stay on track. We all live with the same temptations, and we are all trying to help each other to stay strong.
You may indeed need some coping skills until you get back into the groove. Lots of suggestions for that in past threads. I find a hot drink helps, it takes time to drink it, and fills me up, but then the urge to cheat has passed. I've also cut up one of my bars into 6 or 8 pieces, put them individually in the fridge, when I am just in one of those states where I'm opening up all the cupboard doors looking for "something good", I have one small piece.
Put a picture of "skinny you" on the fridge door, pantry door, mirror...wherever you will see it to motivate you. I'm sure there are lots of other suggestions and ideas you can think of.
One other thought...if I may put on my science hat for a sec...it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound. Unless you ate 3500x5=17,500 calories worth of candy, :eek: that 5 lb isn't all real, and most should not be showing on your scale in a day or two

We're all here for you, wishing you good luck!

-----------------
I'm off to Toronto for the day, going to see a play (Sherlock, with David Arquette --- I know, seems like an odd choice, but I've heard he's good in it). Meeting DS for dinner after. Beautiful day here after yesterday's rain.
Going to wear my new leather jacket :yes:

jaimie1980 11-01-2015 09:54 AM

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

HereIstand I think it is great that you are -56 in such a short time. I hope I can lose as quickly as you! I like Monday weigh ins, I feel it keeps me more accountable over the weekend, which is my most likely time for a slip up. I also weigh daily- I NEED that reinforcement, as much as it sucks when the scale gets stuck.

Blueskies, yes I have a coach at the clinic, and meet weekly for this phase. I will probably go biweekly after the first month, and the coach is very helpful. We also have an ap that tracks our weight (the scale syncs to the ap) and we can IM a coach if we need to. I like the program a alot! But I also love the online groups because it is a place to find others who are in the same boat!

Mamacita Glad to see a fellow "frozen tundra" dweller! I wasn't sure if anyone would know what Profile was, but I guess it is starting to get fairly big. It is a great program, I have met a few folks who have lost a ton. I have never seen an IP clinic here, other than several years ago there was a local chiropractor offering it.

Hysteria The products on my program are all branded "profile." There are shakes/pudding, soups, meal replacements (sloppy joe/beanless chili, etc) jello, bars, and several others which I haven't tried yet. I really like the shakes, they are easy, and I have a bar once in awhile. I have used some wonderslim shakes as they seem to be nutritionally identical. We have lots of veggies (4 c), no fruit, and one 3-4oz lean protein a day. Water, decaf tea/coffee, powerade zero, and calorie free flavored waters are all that we can have for beverages. There are several phases, the early phase is called reboot reduce. The second phase is adapt, but that is far away for me. There is a phase 3 and phase 4 as well.

As for me, I finally dropped a couple on the scale. I hate those 3-4 day stalls. Being a daily weigher is challenging but I need that reinforcement.

I love reading all of your stories! I can't believe the results some of you have had. This makes me feel so excited and motivated! I hope to spend 5-6 months on this phase if they allow it. Thanks for letting me join you all!

hysteria_625 11-01-2015 06:27 PM

L13 - it is so hard! Time to let it go and move on.

Blue - how was the play?

Survived the Halloween / birthday party :D but it was probably the absolutely hardest day I had fighting the urge to give in and eat something that wasn't protocol. Chocolate everywhere...a birthday cake I wasn't going to eat...fried fish...my favorite chicken wings. Just one year, right ;) everyone was impressed with my willpower and didn't even try the "but your only 39 once" crap - LOVE my friends & family <3
I did eat 4 deviled eggs and 3 restricted bars: 2 lemon crisps I had gotten as freebies from Nashua (and my joints HATE me today :( dumb dumb dumb) and a quest brownie while everyone had my cake lol - the last one I can justify, the other 2 were pure stress.
Had a normal, protocol dinner though - 2C zoodles w/ Braggs Amino / garlic and shrimp (although it was probably closer to 12oz...I didn't weigh them)

It wasn't so much the food yesterday as the other issues happening surrounding the party - last minute changes, cleaning, running, and cancellations - I was a little tired / sad / hurt / upset. I guess this was a good test for me / knowing I still have to deal with the issue of emotional eating. Granted it was probably a combination of everything and having easy access to a lot of stuff I normally don't (well, the cake - we almost always have chocolate in the house). Still need to be mindful though as its too easy to drive to the store anymore and get 'anything'.

Jaimie - thanks for the info...so only 3-4 oz of lean protein a day! Wow!

ETA - so I had my "cake and ice cream" tonight - made proti thin vanilla pudding ice cream w/ 2T pbFit, 1 stevia and used Quest PB protein powder to make a "bowl cake" (I didn't want it tall, I wanted it more wide / thin, like a slice of cake) - mmmmmm! So much better than the crappy cake I fed to the guests last night ;)

Destony 11-02-2015 06:54 AM

I'm so sorry Beth that your celebration wasn't all that you had hoped for. I'm glad to read that you kept strong and ended up having a pretty good time. You are a great example of how mindfulness can keep us on track in this journey.
Yesterday was a tough food day for me. We went out for breakfast (nbd there-been there done that) had 2 eggs over easy and a side of brocccoli no butter for anythingmy friend owns the diner we ate at-we then went to a big truck show, so i had a carbvantage drink with me, and a crispy square becauase I wasn't sure how long we'd be gone and thought that when we got home, I would eat my lunch veggies, and wasn't too concerned because I had the broccoli at breakfast. So by the time we got home, no veggies, had the drink when we had gotten back in the car to head home. When we got home, I had some chores to do then sat down for a minute had my square and then we went to my son and DIL for dinner. She's not much of a cook, so I figured she would make her baked chicken- and all would be good. No, she made a beef stew with stew meat, (which looked pretty lean) frozen peas and corn and I am assuming that it was flour and water for the base. So, I did my best to just get some meat -I probably had about 3 to 4 oz. and I had a little of the base with the veggies-but seriously if it was 1/4 of a cup, I may be exagerating. I did add salt and pepper because she doesn't use any spices when she cooks. Her son is a "supertaster" or something like that-I guess I better google that one...Then I got home and had a brownie warmed with a tbsp of WF chocolate syrup. Now that I am reading it, it's not as bad as I had it in my mind, but nonetheless, not 100% on protocol. We did a ton of walking yesterday, so....
Well, it's Monday ..I hope that it plays gentle with me :) and all of you!!

HereIStand 11-02-2015 09:06 AM

New week, new beginnings!

I'm officially on P2 today! I'm just one pound over my goal, which I guess isn't too bad. Still hoping to drop 2-3 pounds in the next couple of weeks, though.

I'm sad to say I had a horrible off-protocol day yesterday. :( Every month my church has a potluck lunch, and I'm in charge of the clean-up crew. I've never had a problem at these lunches since being on protocol. I take my salad and protein and veggies and haven't been tempted at all. But yesterday, as I was putting the leftover food into the kitchen, I ate four - FOUR - large pieces of cake. It was like my hands and mouth were operating independently of my brain - there was no forethought or justification or anything. That old carb addiction rearing its very ugly head. After I got home, I forced myself to enter everything into my food diary app and was mortified. I'm sure I was WAY out of ketosis. I did the only thing I knew to do, which was mostly fast the rest of the day (I had chicken broth for dinner, and protein gelatin for evening snack), and walk 3 miles yesterday evening.

So I guess the next few days will be spent getting back into ketosis, which sucks, but I'm not quitting this protocol. I need to figure out how I'm going to do this in maintenance. I need to figure out how to put the brakes on when compulsive eating gets triggered. I've known for a long time that I just can't have cookies and cake in my house, but being around those foods in a different environment is obviously just as dangerous for me.

hysteria_625 11-02-2015 09:21 AM

Linda - it sounds to me like you did a fantastic job in some difficult situations. :) I am sure we'll see that ticker keep sliding right.
Saturday, once the party got going, was actually very enjoyable. It was great to have so much fun with my loved one. I own the anxiety - and some of it I created myself waiting so dang long to decide to send the invites.
I think it helped pull me up out of the funk I'd settled into - at least a little.

I guess I am officially doing a modified P2 - idk if its fair to say I am really doing IP anymore though (with the avocado / pbFit) - and I really hope I am not screwing myself going into P3 & beyond.

I've set MFP at 1,400 and macros are adjusted for the additional fat - 40P / 40F / 20C. My k/cals averaged right around 1,300 for the weekend and I hovered between 146 - 147. What is more interesting is that my body is shifting, again. The tightest pair of work slacks I got a couple weeks ago now come off without unbuttoning (10's).
I am losing weight from areas I no longer need to though...DH noticed last night how bony my shoulders have gotten and I saw it in the mirror as I did my hair. Having never been skinny, I have NO idea if this normal but I don't really like it...I feel like my upper body is looking anorexic, but obviously I am still losing from my lower torso as well.

I did realize Saturday night how quickly bloat will be an issue - I had gotten some sparkling, lemon-flavored water for something different while everyone was drinking. Between the extra calories / salt and carbonated beverage, the size 8 jeans I was wearing went from feeling fine to VERY snug by bed time - and the scale only ticked up +1.4 from Saturday to Sunday morning!

ETA - HIS :hug: - you've owned what happened - time to let go and move on! Sometimes I think over-analyzing situations can be a catalyst to repeating the behavior - so, as opposed to saying 'ok, I did "xyz" and today is a new day", we beat ourselves up, looking for rationale that may not be there.
Again, this is so much easier said than done since we are raised to believe there is a "rhyme and reason" to everything and certain behaviors are "sins" (gluttony, right?) as opposed to just accepting we are HUMAN.
If it's a behavior we want to try and avoid repeating, I feel like we do need to have a plan and practice putting that plan into place.
For example, I have tried over the last 5 years to make a VERY conscious effort to be cognizant of my co-dependent behaviors and NOT get pulled into a lot of drama (at home, at work). When other people start gossiping, I have started saying "I'm sorry, I really don't want to discuss this" and if they try to engage, walk away. I am certainly not 100% successful and I still find myself pulled into things from time to time, but I believe my efforts have paid off. I can say I feel have healthier relationships and friendships now.
Hope this ramble made sense :)

HereIStand 11-02-2015 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria_625 (Post 5213115)
[

I am losing weight from areas I no longer need to though...DH noticed last night how bony my shoulders have gotten and I saw it in the mirror as I did my hair. Having never been skinny, I have NO idea if this normal but I don't really like it...I feel like my upper body is looking anorexic, but obviously I am still losing from my lower torso as well.

Same here! Well, I'm not really losing much, if any, from my belly and thighs anymore, but from the waist up.... I look scrawny. You can see my ribs in front and back. My poor boobs have pretty much disappeared. :( I even noticed in the shower yesterday that my skull feels bony and less padded. I think it's confirmation that we don't need to go a lot lower on the scale, Beth.

blueskiesahead 11-02-2015 09:47 AM

Beth I'm sorry your birthday wasn't the wonderful celebration you were hoping for...
but hey, it was only 39....just wait till 40 :yes:
Start planning now for a HUGE party, you'll be celebrating not only your BD, and Halloween, but a successful year on maintenance :cheer:

Linda - sounds like yesterday was a tough food day for a lot of us. It's hard when we are in a situation where the food choices are not the best, and like you did yesterday, you can only try to not go too badly off the plan.
Hope the scale is kind to you today.

HIS - Oh yeah, I can relate, because I'm one of those people who cannot stop at once piece of cake, or cookies, or candy... I've been so good on P1, but this really scares me for maintenance.
But hey, you stopped, and got right back in control :cp: an you should feel good about that.

And....P2 :dance::flow1::flow1::yes:
Let us know how that goes!

Yesterday was a nice day. We enjoyed the play, but must admit it wasn't one of the best we'd seen . A bit uneven, I guess. Usually we stay over, because it's a long drive there and back, but we have an old, sick cat, and we didn't want to be away overnite, so it was a long day.
We had a nice dinner after the play, though, with DS who lives in Toronto. No real food problems (salad for lunch, and brought my rhubarb with me for veggies; a bar mid-afternoon; steak and veg for dinner, though I think the veg had some butter on them??). Anyway, scale was Ok this morning.

The weatherman is giving us a fantastic week, into the 70s and sunny! OMG, is this really the first week of November :yikes: Love it! :) such a bonus at this time of the year....great week to do lots of outside things.

HereIStand 11-02-2015 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria_625 (Post 5213115)

ETA - HIS :hug: - you've owned what happened - time to let go and move on! Sometimes I think over-analyzing situations can be a catalyst to repeating the behavior - so, as opposed to saying 'ok, I did "xyz" and today is a new day", we beat ourselves up, looking for rationale that may not be there.
Again, this is so much easier said than done since we are raised to believe there is a "rhyme and reason" to everything and certain behaviors are "sins" (gluttony, right?) as opposed to just accepting we are HUMAN.
If it's a behavior we want to try and avoid repeating, I feel like we do need to have a plan and practice putting that plan into place.
For example, I have tried over the last 5 years to make a VERY conscious effort to be cognizant of my co-dependent behaviors and NOT get pulled into a lot of drama (at home, at work). When other people start gossiping, I have started saying "I'm sorry, I really don't want to discuss this" and if they try to engage, walk away. I am certainly not 100% successful and I still find myself pulled into things from time to time, but I believe my efforts have paid off. I can say I feel have healthier relationships and friendships now.
Hope this ramble made sense :)

I agree. I'm not really beating myself up over it, but I definitely need to have a plan, as you said. Maybe it's something just as simple as not being the person who handles moving the food around at these lunches.

But it's the mindlessness of the eating that I'm worried about. I don't know how to prevent that when it seems to be my default setting. Somehow I have to figure out how to have an internal conversation with myself at the moment that compulsive eating trigger kicks in, rather than just kind of come to my senses too late, after the damage has been done.

hysteria_625 11-02-2015 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereIStand (Post 5213131)
Same here! Well, I'm not really losing much, if any, from my belly and thighs anymore, but from the waist up.... I look scrawny. You can see my ribs in front and back. My poor boobs have pretty much disappeared. :( I even noticed in the shower yesterday that my skull feels bony and less padded. I think it's confirmation that we don't need to go a lot lower on the scale, Beth.

Oh man! Me too (waist up)! I thought that was normal for skinny folks to be able to see all that rib...but protruding bones from the shoulders, not so much...

I am also SO ready to be able to safely incorporate more exercise.
Our niece ran her first 10K yesterday and DH is signed up for the Thanksgiving Turkey Trot. I am going to try my hand at the 5K in 3 weeks :D

Blue - after today, we are supposed to have a week of 'indian-summer' too, topping off in the high 70's Friday!

Wow...if I count last Thursday as Day 1 of P2 and follow the 'normal' phase off schedule, that would make my first day of P4 Thanksgiving :eek: