3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   2015 Starters – Moving Forward into Fall (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/305856-2015-starters-%96-moving-forward-into-fall.html)

hysteria_625 09-22-2015 10:33 AM

manda - I am sure you will be fine! Sometimes you have to do what you have to do...

usmcvet - welcome back! Onward & Downward!

Mamak - :welcome: you have found a very supportive group :)

I got tricked this morning by my scale ;) ...stepped on and at first saw 154.4!!!! But then it did something funny and cleared itself, so I stepped off and back on...156.0. I am ok with that - 2 pounds down from yesterday and I am feeling a little backed-up again

Yesterday afternoon was the first time in about 3 weeks I haven't had the hangries either - and woke with dragon-potty-breath again :lol: Yay for ketosis!

So now it looks like it is time for uber-vigilence...we have another family event Columbus Day weekend but I will be bringing my own food this time! A little sad since they roast a whole pig but its always slathered in BBQ & that's what I believe tossed me out of ketosis - a combo of the BBQ, the spices (probably all contained sugar - this is the deep south...), and the sweet pickles I used for the deviled eggs.

Ugh...I mean seriously I didn't touch bread, alcohol, cake, pie, chips...just some meat rubs and bbq sauce *sigh*

I will also say I seem to be one who has a very difficult time getting into ketosis...3 / 4 days - HA!

Well, I don't want to jeopardize this again until I get to goal! More determined than ever to make my body push through and get to a new place I am sure it doesn't remember anymore!

HereIStand 09-22-2015 11:20 AM

I had frequent migraines until surgical menopause. Then they stopped completely. So for me, they must have been linked to hormones. I have a friend who swears by Imitrex. That's probably the route I'd go if I still had them, so I could stay OP. Going out of ketosis and then back in again wouldn't appeal to me at all.

Rough night last night. I woke a 3 am for a bathroom trip, then started thinking about all the breakfast food I can have on P3. My stomach was rumbling and I got more and more awake. I think I was fully awake for over an hour, and sooo hungry! I hope this means I'm building muscle mass, which requires more calories. I know it means I need to stop reading P3 recipes! :D

The scale was up 3/4 of a pound this morning since yesterday, but I've learned not to be too concerned about those daily variations.

blueskiesahead 09-22-2015 02:08 PM

Hi Everyone
I've been on vacation since middle of last week, just having a quiet morning today, so checking in to get caught up with how everyone is doing.

Nice to see a few new people – welcome cindyjune and noellenoodle and mamak and usmcvet

Sounds like a few of us are having the same anxieties especially as we get to the 15-20 lb to go place. Maintenance? Scary place, can we succeed there, backsliding could be so easy . Goal weight ? Should it be lower? Higher? Should I stop sooner?I'm so happy to see everyone coming here to share what you're all going through. Sure helps me when I start thinking all those things.

Linda, I hear you about the cake, but maybe we have to experience a scare like that. Good thing is your mind told you it was a bad thing, and you'll be stronger for it next time.

Beth, great NSV – size 8 jeans! Moments like these make us so glad we're going through all the rest of this! Love HIS's comment about hugging a salesgirl if she gets to sz8!!
So sorry you knocked yourself out of ketosis, but now you know you can get back, it's a bummer, but just like falling off a horse...you're back on track, good girl!

HIS – Interesting what you said about exercise. I haven't been doing much other than walking, but want to start doing more...but don't want to slow down loss, I'm still a ways away from goal, but sounds like it has worked for you. Definitely need to lose some of the “droopy and saggy”

Vacation has been great, we've enjoyed everyplace we've been so far. This week we're in Atlantic City (even gambled a bit yesterday, and came out with a bit more than we went in with. I've tucked my winnings away, and will use it to “reward” myself when I reach my 40 lb!
Been staying OP more or less so far. Extra protein some days for lunch, but dropping a packet to adjust.
Been doing quite a bit of walking too. We're staying in a condo till the wk/end so meals are pretty manageable, lots of choice in restaurants nearby.
Haven't weighed myself since the day we left, and I'm starting to stress (I confess I'm a daily weigher)Sure would be nice to lose a few pound by the time I get home, but I'd be happy just to not be UP.

Hope everyone has a great week

ciscoknits 09-22-2015 06:29 PM

HI all, started IP in June and am very happy so far. the last two weeks were hard, we did a road trip from Tx to NJ and back. Up there was fine and we visited my son and family, healthy eaters so that was fine. on the way back I developed bad pain and ended up in the ER, 4 hours later, left my appendix in Knoxville. Prior to that day, I had been constipated for 5 days, the evening before I finally got some relief. I am wondering if that 'back up' could have caused the addpendicitis??? since the surgery I am slowly getting back on plan and am feeling better everyday.not sure what is wrong with my sig, I am actually down 22 lbs

hysteria_625 09-23-2015 11:28 AM

Cisco - :hug: ugh! That horrible and I am not a doctor, but would be surprised if IP (or constipation) had anything to do with the appendix. It is near your gallbladder / liver (not bowels) and doesn't do anything - we outgrew / evolved from whatever it was they used to do...& you have to replace your signature each time you update it - I don't think they will auto update

Nashua has FREE SHIPPING (today only 9/23) = TODAY49

I wish I had taken a picture of my scale this morning

HEALTHY BMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 154.4

:broc: :D:cp::dancer:

Only lost 2.8 over 4 weeks but FINALLY broke the plateau and met my next goal! YAY!!!!!

Only 9.4 to original goal...and still planning to reevaluate on 10/10 :)

Happy hump day!

MiWi 09-23-2015 12:33 PM

Cisco Congrats on your weight loss. So sorry to hear you had to get your appendix out on the way home! I have no idea how or even if the constipation is related...

Beth Woo hoo! Healthy BMI. I'm not even there yet...maybe I'll go back after maintaining for a year and lose another 10 lbs. But seriously, you even have more to go so good for you for breaking that plateau and rockin' it!

blueskies Glad to hear vacation is going well. I didn't weight myself on vacation and I was so scared to do it when I got back, but it wasn't as bad as I imagined. I had gained a bit, but I lost it right away and even more quickly. You are actually OP on vacation so you'll do fine!!!

Welcome or welcome back to new people and returners! So good to see everyone!

I have had a hard maintenance week this week. I am not going to lie. I barely ate anything last week when I had strep throat, and this week I am starving. I am doing my best to not go overboard and stick to my Phase 3 structure, but it's sooo hard. This is my greatest struggle of the 6 weeks on maintenance so far. I am hoping I make it through OK, but I'll update you all.

livinlrg 09-23-2015 02:34 PM

Great job on all the losses! Everyone is going strong.
Miwi, I am relating to the struggle this week with being hungry. I'm finding actually the past week and 1/2, I've been way more hungry than usual. I haven't gone off, but I have definitely added in more food almost every day. Usually it's an add'l egg or packet, or small piece of chicken.
My coach thought it might be because I've been doing a lot of walking. Strange thing is that I got sick last night and called in work today for the first time in years. You'd think I'd have no appetite, but I was starving this morning. I ate my restricted right away, then my oatmeal and then a can of tuna. I think I'm the only person who has NEVER lost their appetite. The difference is now I recognize when my body is truly hungry and I reach for something that it really needs (healthy) where before IP, it would've been some carb-laden, no nutritional value whatsoever food-type substance.
So far my losses have been steady. Hoping it continues...

Destony 09-23-2015 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria_625 (Post 5204240)

I wish I had taken a picture of my scale this morning

HEALTHY BMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 154.4

:broc: :D:cp::dancer:

Only lost 2.8 over 4 weeks but FINALLY broke the plateau and met my next goal! YAY!!!!!

Only 9.4 to original goal...and still planning to reevaluate on 10/10 :)

Happy hump day!

:bravo::cp::cb::cb::hat::congrat::cheer3: I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

Cisco Great job with the weight and sorry about the appendix- it seemed like I got hit pretty hard in the beginning with a couple of things- but in the end, it was all good and here I am 7 months in and lovin it!
MiwiGlad you're feeling better, sorry this has been a rough week for you.
Bluevacas are tough, but you are rockin this one!
Happy Wednesday everybody!!

Chris8healthy 09-23-2015 06:42 PM

As I approach my goal, I find myself looking at healthy recipes for protein bars. Does anyone have a favourite? The Quest bars upset my stomach and I want something that is easy on the pocket book and healthy.

HereIStand 09-23-2015 09:11 PM

Those of you struggling with hunger - I'm right there with you. Twice in the last few days, I've awoken in the middle of the night with my stomach growling and all I could think about was P3 breakfasts. And I seem to be hungrier after every meal. I had my coffee and then breakfast shake w/ spinach this morning, and could have eaten again within 30 minutes. I had dinner an hour ago and now I'm hungry AGAIN. And it's not "boredom" hunger - it's the legit, real thing. So frustrating!

Great job, Beth!
Chris8healthy, I can't be of any help. I'm not much of a cook, and I'm hoping that once I get to maintenance, protein bars will be a rare part of my diet. I'm looking forward to yogurt, and nuts!

I work a short shift at the local hospital on Tuesday evenings, so I usually eat a Quest bar on the way in, and then at the end of my shift, I have a bag of protein pretzels or Quest chips. Last night, I was finishing up work by doing some computer tasks, so I broke open my bag of Quest chips... and spilled them all over the floor. Normally I'm a "5-second rule" girl, but in a hospital? NOPE. I could have cried. :cry:

hysteria_625 09-23-2015 09:35 PM

Thanks everyone :)

Chris - lol...I tried making Paleo protein bars a year or so ago...utter failure and nasty. Hope you find something

lrg - sorry your under the weather - 'feed a cold, starve a fever' right? Your body is fighting back and may need a little extra ummph right now - maybe an RTD or protein drink?

So, for every high, there seems to be a low :(

Found out on Facebook today an old friend / DH's cousin's husband passed away yesterday evening. Massive heart attack. He was 45

We had lost contact with them b/c of our daughters schedules / life (softball, dance, etc...) but were thick as thieves for years - rode 4-wheelers together, camping, lots of weekend dinners, spades, video-games, hanging out. We had a LOT of good times...
They have 3 girls, 19, 16, and 8. My heart is breaking for them and DH's cousin. He (and the girls) was her life - he was a great father and had become a pillar of his community (coaching, volunteering).

I am just heart sick tonight - hug someone you love - tomorrow is never guaranteed.

Destony 09-24-2015 05:07 AM

Beth I'm so sorry!! It's amazing how easily we can lose touch with people without even realizing it-
HIS sorry to hear about the chips- I can be that 5 second rule girl too- especially at my desk...
Livin I am slightly concerned (a bit of a chuckle) too because I have been thinking a LOT about how I have not lost my appetite, been in the position of "can't eat all my food", or when it's time to eat again, it's time to eat! I would think by now my stomach would have shrunk so I'd be more satisfied when I have eaten. Lunch time? I'm ready for my afternoon snack as soon as I finish lunch-(ok, within about a half hour, but really???) I drink MORE than enough water, so that's not the issue- I snack on my cukes- but man...
Happy Friday Jr everyone!!! Rock on!!

HereIStand 09-24-2015 11:11 AM

Such sad news, Beth.

My weight loss has taken on a definite new routine. Instead of losing 1/4 - 1/2 pound a day, I stay at the same weight for 5-6 days, then drop two pounds all at once. I guess when the 2-pound whooshes stop happening, I'll know I'm at goal. I'm longing to see the scale move into the 150s, but it seems like it's taking forever to get out of this decade.

Going with hubby to the back surgeon this afternoon, to see about scheduling his next surgery - the 3rd in less than a year. These are big operations, that involve opening him up in the front and back and several hours of anesthesia, so I'm not looking forward to all that it involves, yet again. Then tomorrow I'm accompanying my adult daughter to her gastroenterologist for a small bowl biopsy. She's had celiac disease for 20 years, but is having increasing abdominal pain, so it's time to see what's going on. But having a celiac kid is why I have no problem asking for "special" food in a restaurant for my IP diet. :)

Number7 09-24-2015 11:24 AM

Hello Everyone!

I have been on IP since the end of July. I have hit a rhythm of a week with 4-5 lbs lost followed by a week of 1ish lbs lost. I understand that this can be normal, but it feels like a roller coaster ride at each weigh in. I do have a question though. How does exercise impact your weight loss on this plan? I haven't been doing a lot of exercise (maybe 20 minute walks a couple times a week), but lately I have been swimming for about 20 minutes 3 x per week. I am not a speed swimmer, so pretty light and slow. Last week I was only down .8 lbs. This is my lowest loss in a week and I was thinking that my increase in exercise might be impacting it. My coach didn't think so, but it has been the only change in the past couple weeks. Since the swimming is less than 30 minutes, I have not been adding an extra packet into the day. Thoughts on this?

hysteria_625 09-24-2015 01:00 PM

N7 - meant to respond to your inquiry on the PCOS thread...for some, yes, exercise can cause WL to slow down. The general rule of thumb is an extra packet for every 1/2 hour of exercise - swimming is fairly strenuous imvho - more so than walking the block - and a lot more muscles are being used. Did you coach suggest the extra packet or no? Also, they may not be concerned as you have shown a pattern of WL that I think is very common. It is not always going to be linear.

HIS - hope your daughter is ok and DH's appointment goes well.

Good news - 153.8 on the scale this morning! -80.2 and day 2 of healthy BMI

...but I am not able to really enjoy this the way I should. I can barely think straight and my heart is just aching. DH and I spent last night pulling out photo albums and looking through them, remembering a lot of fantastic times we had with his cousin & family :( DH & M (the one who passed away) coached soccer for 2 seasons...lots of pictures of us on the trails riding our 4-wheelers. They spent one crazy weekend in the middle of JANUARY , in Pennsylvania, in the mountains, riding on the snow and ice...stayed in a cabin with NO heat - looking at pictures of everyone bundled like Nanook-of-the-North :lol:
We played spades all the time...we very rarely ever beat them & always suspected they had secret cheats (raised eyebrow meant Ace of Spades :lol:)
We had a LOT of good times
We are going by the house today and the anxiety / anticipation is overwhelming and suffocating. My heart is breaking...I just can't believe he is gone.