Old 08-20-2015, 09:50 AM   #1  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Back, again...

Good morning! I'm not sure if there are many people around who will remember me, but I am back,...for the third and final time!

I originally started IP in 2010 at 222 lbs, lost about 60 lbs, quit cold turkey and gained it all back, and then some. I restarted in July, 2013 using strictly alternatives at 254.8 lbs, stayed 100% for 7.5 months, getting down to 168.8, had a month of up and down, even though I was 100% OP, got frustrated and quit again. I tried several times to restart, but never had that motivation to stick with it... Which brings us to now.

I restarted last Monday, did well all week, and then the dreaded weekend hit. I am not proud of Saturday's food consumption, but Sunday, I dusted myself off and got right back to it. I am also working out, so I am aware the scale might not lower as much as my inch loss. But I feel I need to workout now and make a routine to help with maintenance.

I got a FitBit in February, and just ordered a FitBit Aria scale which should be here Monday, so I can track my body fat percentage. I know it isn't accurate, but I want to have more numbers to pay attention to than just my weight.

I remember this forum being such a great support in the past, and I am sure it is the same today! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:56 AM   #2  
Started IP May 14, 2015

S/C/G: 290.7/240.3/190

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back. Good luck with your final journey.
Tarier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:26 PM   #3  

Height: 5'2

Welcome back shrinkingsusie! I remember you I have always checked back here but I am trying to stay more active on the forum. I am doing a bit of a Phase 1 touch up. Put on some weight after this spring/summer. Already down 5 after 10 days 100%!

Are you going to use alternatives again?
stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:03 AM   #4  
Third time's the charm!

That's awesome! I'm glad there are still some familiar faces around here! The board doesn't seem as active as I remember. Perhaps due to summer.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Good for you for coming back and trying again. You can do this, you've done it before and know that it works. I think adding some exercise is a great idea and it will help you in maintainence.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:38 AM   #6  

I remember you, shrinkingsusie!.. great to see a familiar face (name)... I'm starting again too, yesterday was my first day...

I did IP with alternative products starting in May 2010 & lost about 70 lbs. in 6 months... then the holidays came around & life got crazy & stayed that way for way too many years & my IP lifestyle flew out the window... I've gained back about 40 lbs... I moved to a new house in a new town in May this year & my life seems so much more in control, so I decided it was time to make a difference in my weight... no other way of eating has worked for losing weight anywhere near as well for me as IP did...

So, I'm back... breakfast is a protein shake... so is lunch, along with a salad of lettuces, cauliflower, zucchini, other veggies... supper is grilled protein (chicken, ground turkey, that kind of thing), another salad, & some kind of veggies... snack late evening is another protein shake...

In addition to posting here, I'll be journaling on Penzu... I really believe sharing with others & putting my thoughts & successes/slip-ups in writing helps keep me on track...

I'm looking forward to getting to know everybody here... this is the best online community I've found...

Hugs to all...

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 08-25-2015 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Change date
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:39 AM   #7  
Third time's the charm!

Welcome back, Aunt Sheshie! It's nice to see some familiar faces for sure!!
Old 08-26-2015, 03:03 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Welcome back, Aunt Sheshie! It's nice to see some familiar faces for sure!!
Thanks a bunch!.. I'm glad to be back... I'm on day 3 with little or no problems so far... of course, some cravings that get progressively stronger as the day goes on, but nothing I haven't been able to handle...

A website/blog I've been visiting lately, plus I get the email newsletter, is Diet Doctor... his diet is Low Carb, High Fat (LCHF) & of course the high fat part is definitely not IP... but the rest of his info is so right on... I confess I've been doing a little higher fat this time than last, it seems to keep me from getting hungry, but not quite as high as Diet Doc recommends... please use your own judgment if you utilize any of his advice...

Hugs.....
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 05:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 209.6/201/145

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning! I'm not sure if there are many people around who will remember me, but I am back,...for the third and final time!

I originally started IP in 2010 at 222 lbs, lost about 60 lbs, quit cold turkey and gained it all back, and then some. I restarted in July, 2013 using strictly alternatives at 254.8 lbs, stayed 100% for 7.5 months, getting down to 168.8, had a month of up and down, even though I was 100% OP, got frustrated and quit again. I tried several times to restart, but never had that motivation to stick with it... Which brings us to now.

I restarted last Monday, did well all week, and then the dreaded weekend hit. I am not proud of Saturday's food consumption, but Sunday, I dusted myself off and got right back to it. I am also working out, so I am aware the scale might not lower as much as my inch loss. But I feel I need to workout now and make a routine to help with maintenance.

I got a FitBit in February, and just ordered a FitBit Aria scale which should be here Monday, so I can track my body fat percentage. I know it isn't accurate, but I want to have more numbers to pay attention to than just my weight.

I remember this forum being such a great support in the past, and I am sure it is the same today! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!
I haven't posted on here very much but I do read the blogs. I have been on ideal protein and lost 105 lbs. Went off and gained 40 lbs back. I am trying to get back on it but am not having very much luck on sticking to the program. I do really good for the first 2 days then I mess up and get out of ketosis. Any suggestions on helping me stay focus to staying on track? Sny suggestions is appreciated. Would love to get back into my small clothes again.
blueyesnmt is offline   Reply With Quote