Old 09-03-2015, 11:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 213/192/140

Default Did Ideal protein once, but was not able to maintain my weight, now I weigh more!

i successfully lost 34 pounds and was feeling great, looking grate and everyone noticed. After moving, starting a new job, Etc. I not only gained all of the weight lost, but I am now at my heaviest weight ever. Im 67 pounds heavier and I am disgusted. any thoughts
smileyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:54 AM   #2  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

What was your maintenance plan?

That is what I am thinking about throughout my weight loss stage. I don't have my exact plan together yet but I'm working on it - I understand already that maintenance is in many ways harder than losing weight.

My thought on losing weight again is just to commit to the plan for the long haul (estimate how long you think it will take to get to a reasonable goal, add some time on to that, and go! re-evaluate at the end of that time whether to keep on or phase into maintenance) Personally I found it easier to focus on the behavior for a certain time frame - like "this is just what my life is for X months" - rather than thinking about pounds to lose. I was someone who was "trying" to lose even just a few pounds for 2-3 years without much success until I went about the process as a time commitment. (Granted, I "only" lost 20+ pounds but they were pretty stubborn - my average weight loss has been about 1 pound per week. IP is the only plan that I found where I could lose even that)

Best of luck to you - you did it before and you know how to do it again!! You just have to plan better strategies for maintaining.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:29 PM   #3  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Stop being disgusted and take control. Start IP again, and pay lots of attention to the effect that different foods have on you during the journey.

Being upset won't change it, doing something about it will.

We all slip up, but beating yourself up will keep you in that nasty spiral of self-hatred and inability to climb out of the pit you are in.

I've been there. I know how easy it is to regain with bad choices and letting the good habits slide. Now I'm back on program and trying to get back to where I was. It will happen. It can happen for you, too. Won't you join me, and all these other folks?

Last edited by Briael; 09-03-2015 at 05:31 PM.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote