Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 07:58 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Do you get to dress up for the Renaissance Faire, Slip?? That would be lots of fun!
My cousin's daughter is having a family & friends graduation party on June 6 (we are a close family) and it is a 20's theme dress up. I've got to get planning on some sort of flapper gear and hairstyle. If I get my hands on some gel (probably at the back of my hair stuff tray under the bathroom sink) I may be able to fingerwave/marcel style my hair. Just got to figure out DH's outfit... The guys are always more difficult since the styles for men are fairly classic.
Time for Google research, lol.
Re: PMSing, now done until the next round, who knows when... I totally feel your pain, want2b & Jenny. In the meantime, I say "Rock the boobs!"

Hang in there everyone who is 'just plugging along.' My DH has slipped a bit too Steph... his doc told him he needs to eat less bread & cereal and more RAW veggies (he eats a lot of cooked ones at least).
Old 05-26-2015, 10:45 PM   #62  

Height: 5'2

Hi!

Jenny - yes, I did get my run in and I tried to give it all I had too. I should have gone out tonight but the dreaded TOM arrived and I'm not feeling too hot. Not a great excuse but I'm using it.

Hawaii - I agree, it's good for DH and I to work together but unfortunately he is already off the wagon. I caught him the same night I posted shoving a frozen cookie into his mouth and yesterday night he was openly drinking beer. I am so pissed off. I am still on track though and plan to be until the weekend. A coworker asked if I lost weight again - I haven't, the scale is still up a few lbs but that is motivation enough for me to smarten up.

want2be - the new biz is great! I had 3 new people call today which is fantastic. I worry a bit that summer will slow down but so far so good. I'm loving the coaching and hope I can start doing it full time soon.

Hi Liana and Slipfree! I got my new car yesterday and I'm loving it but it's also terrifying. I dread the day I get my first scratch or rock chip. I got a 2015 VW Jetta TDI. I feel so grown up in a sedan! lol
Old 05-27-2015, 10:14 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi,

Liana, no,I do not dress up for the Faire. My students would die of embarrassment. and it is going to be hot on Friday! I love your dress up pictures from your dance, so I am sure that your 20s party costume will look great.

Steph, sounds like things are going great! New car! I am jealous. Also happy that the clinic is going so well.

Last edited by Slipfree; 05-27-2015 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:28 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

It's been great reading everyone's posts. It seems we are all still working at our eating, as long as we keep working at it. I haven't been doing too bad, I need to get my exercise going again though. I'm craving the running as it's been awhile since I've been out. I love that runners high. The weather has cooled so it might be easier to get out. Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-28-2015, 01:06 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

So good to hear from everyone. I took about a 2 week break from IP - mainly from stressors in my life. I gained 10lbs. But I am back on it today. I figured what are the other choices? Another diet like WW or surgery. I will keep plugging along. Hope all is well
Old 05-29-2015, 09:01 AM   #66  

Hi there;

Well, I am trying to change my avatar picture but it keeps coming up sideways so have no idea how to change that. I will have to keep trying.

This week has been busy. I have some family here due to health issues, my Aunt is in the hospital so am visiting with my Uncle and trying to run up and visit her as well. So, that is too bad but hopefully she will be on the mend soon.

I have been thinking about this diet and how little food I needed to eat. So, I am trying to remind myself that my portions need to be smaller. This 10lbs is driving me crazy but to lose weight, I need to focus and be strict. I think I get lazy in the trying to be strict department, I think I just get tired of trying to be on top of food choices all the time. But, I have no choice if I want to lose this weight. I need to stay on it. There's my little vent for the day. hee hee

Thanks for listening. My goal is to have a great weekend food wise. I am doing some yard work today, it'll be good to move these muscles! Have a great day!
Old 05-29-2015, 11:31 AM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii69 View Post
Hi there;

Well, I am trying to change my avatar picture but it keeps coming up sideways so have no idea how to change that. I will have to keep trying.

This week has been busy. I have some family here due to health issues, my Aunt is in the hospital so am visiting with my Uncle and trying to run up and visit her as well. So, that is too bad but hopefully she will be on the mend soon.

I have been thinking about this diet and how little food I needed to eat. So, I am trying to remind myself that my portions need to be smaller. This 10lbs is driving me crazy but to lose weight, I need to focus and be strict. I think I get lazy in the trying to be strict department, I think I just get tired of trying to be on top of food choices all the time. But, I have no choice if I want to lose this weight. I need to stay on it. There's my little vent for the day. hee hee

Thanks for listening. My goal is to have a great weekend food wise. I am doing some yard work today, it'll be good to move these muscles! Have a great day!
If your photos are in your computer, Windows Live Photo Gallery can be set to automatically rotate when downloaded from your phone or camera. This may be the issue. When we first got our camera & downloaded we physically rotated all the pictures when viewing but not when downloading, so our first storage disc had a mix of sideways pictures in it. . After that we made sure that photos were set to automatically rotate when downloading (not sure how it knows which ones to rotate, lol - I'm not that techie).
Hang in there with the 10 up... pay attention to portions, lol, it's easy to eyeball & let that get away from you.
I hope things turn out OK for your aunt & uncle.
Pam W. was down for a visit, saw her from a distance last night but didn't get a chance to talk. She looks like she is doing well.

Liana
Old 05-29-2015, 03:01 PM   #68  

Thanks Liana! I will try your suggestions with downloading pictures! And yes, Pam is doing well. My Aunt is supposed to have surgery in about a week. She's hanging in there!
Old 05-31-2015, 04:25 PM   #69  

Hawaii, do you know Liana in real life? So many connections. Hopes your aunt is improving.

Field trip went well. I am relieved it is over. 3 more weeks of school, yay! Looking forward to focusing on myself, food, exercise, gardening...
Old 05-31-2015, 11:24 PM   #70  

Hi Slip: Hiker88 & Hawaii69 are sisters and it turns out we have friends in common (who moved from our town to their towns), and we all may have possibly met each other at some point around 25 years ago. Coincidences, lol.

Liana

"And now for something completely different!" (Arcane Monty Python reference...)
I decided that I needed spoonsful of Rainforest nut butter (brazil/cashew/coconut) and home made saskatoon berry jam this evening?! Tummy is not happy and now neither is mind!

Last edited by canadjineh; 05-31-2015 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:48 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hi ladies,

Just looked at the time and realized if I don't get movin the kiddos are going to be late for school. I didn't realize Hawaii and Hiker were sisters.

Lucci - glad you are back on track and hope the stress is better.

So looking forward to the end of June. Taking some holiday in the summer but ready fir a change in the routine

Have a great week everyone
Old 06-05-2015, 10:11 AM   #72  

Hello Ladies!

So, I'm hanging in there. I'm not losing but I am maintaining. I want to be losing but I need to get into strict mode. It's getting my head in the game that I have a problem with but I am making healthy choices so I just need to eat a bit less.

Jenny; I saw your picture on the maintainers thread at your sisters wedding and I just wanted to say that you look great! I want to look like you! It was motivating to see your picture.

I hope that you are all doing well. It's a busy time of year. We are enjoying some great weather. I'm still visiting my Aunt in the hospital. She may be there for awhile, but she is receiving good care. Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-06-2015, 10:20 AM   #73  

Hi all,

Well, I feel as if I am completely off the rails! So much to do at school, big shower at my Mom's for my niece next weekend and family bachelorette today. Vacation in Maine at the end of the month. None of which is helping the scale. I have even been hitting the ice cream!

I know that I can reign it back in, I have the tools and skills. I just do not see it happening until the end if the month. My goal is to clean it up during the week.

Pray for strength for me, ladies- cause these kids are starting to rage. Really hate to end on such a negative note because although they have been challenging- I have seen growth. But...their behavior yesterday was horrendous.
Drove me to happy hour!
Old 06-06-2015, 07:23 PM   #74  

Height: 5'2

Hi Lovlies,

Wow, the weather is just gorgeous today. So glad it's the weekend

I still pop in here often to read the posts.

It's my husband's birthday today and we've been celebrating since yesterday. I suspect the celebrations will spill over into tomorrow too. I am thinking of cleaning up my act Phase 1-3ish for the next month starting Monday to drop a few more lbs. I've been checking my BF with the BCA and it's not really where it should be. There's not too much getting in the way for the next month so I should be okay to stick to it.

Jenny - I saw the pic you posted on the maintainers thread. Whoa Mama! You look fantastic!!!

Slip - I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelmed with all the celebrations going on in your life. They are supposed to be happy times but I totally get the out of control feelings surrounding events like this. It's almost like you're dreading them because you know all the hard work ahead to try to "fix" what happened during them. I know you'll do great though. You've been a super maintainer!

Hi to the rest of you!

S.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:57 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Thanks Hawaii and Steph - the dress episode extra flattering but I felt pretty good and healthy wearing it. I turn 40 on June 10th and I want to wear the dress again when we celebrate later, so motivation to stay on track.

Slip - have you reached the final 15 days yet? I don't envy teachers this time of year, I figure all the kids are sick of learning. I hope they hold it together till the end. Don't let them derail you, it's not worth it.

Hope that everyone is doing well.
I find June very busy but now that we are done my sister's wedding, kids bday and dance recital is over things should be slowing down. Will work hard to eat clean all week and not look at the left over ice cream cake in the freezer.
Closed Thread