Old 04-04-2015, 06:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S-299 4.14.15/G-135 7.21.16!!!

Height: 5'11"

Default New to IP

Hi. I'm new to IP (this is my 2nd day) and I feel as tho I'm forcing myself to eat the minimum daily amount. I have no issues drinking the water recommended; I actually drink 2-3 times more. Is this normal in the beginning? TIA!!
trixmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:22 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixmix View Post
Hi. I'm new to IP (this is my 2nd day) and I feel as tho I'm forcing myself to eat the minimum daily amount. I have no issues drinking the water recommended; I actually drink 2-3 times more. Is this normal in the beginning? TIA!!
I think everyones normal is different. I'm at the end of week 2 and I get hungry cravings for foods I once loved but beyond that I am rarely hungry and I'm always full before I finish my meal. I know ketosis is the reason for that but at day 2 I'd suspect it a little early for that with you. But I can always be wrong. Maybe too it could just be your dedication and excitement for what's to come.
simplchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:28 PM   #3  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Welcome trixmix.

It could be your body having shed the glycogen stores in your muscles and liver, and beginning to produce ketones that is making you thirsty.

The next symptoms you may notice will be the metallic taste, the ketone pee, maybe a little lightheadedness from the reduction in sodium between a regular diet and ketogenic one but hunger will diminish if not disappearing altogether.

Hop on in the Daily chat threads for the latest chat - many good questions are asked and answered there, and you may always learn something new.

Last edited by Briael; 04-05-2015 at 04:13 PM.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:39 PM   #4  
Started IP Jan 5/15

S/C/G: 210/206/165

Height: 5'7"

Actually I remember feeling that way in the beginning but it didn't last very long and my body adjusted to the portion size. The only time i actually feel hungry is between breakfast and lunch
Arobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixmix View Post
I just started on Friday. I am having the same trouble getting all the food in! I find the IP food to be really filling, which is great. I found that having my snack, BBQ crisps, a little at a time through the day made it easier to get them all in! I am a teacher and I am on Spring break, so my routine will change and hopefully be easier.
Glad to have this group for support and motivation!
kaleidomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 03:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/229/175

Height: 5'6"

I started on 2/20/15, and during the first 5 days, I was hungry, it did stop and find myself now getting full during my meals (which I love). I have lost 24 lbs so far. I am always thirsty, so I think drinking more is good.

Good luck.
maryb527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: S-299 4.14.15/G-135 7.21.16!!!

Height: 5'11"

Default thank you all

Thank you all for the info. I've always been a huge water drinker (120oz + a day). Maybe I just need to back off a bit on the 'extra' water so I'm not feeling STUFFED after eating the minimum daily amounts.
Best of luck to all!!
trixmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/174/150

Height: 5'4"

Trixmix, I am a newbie, only 8 days on IP, and I can relate to your 'full feeling'. I experienced this for the first three days and I struggled to eat food as I felt uncomfortably 'full'. I don't know why it occurred but it has now subsided. (In the back of my mind I'm wondering if it was a reaction to all the soy we are consuming). But the good news is that I am no longer feeling full/bloated/stuffed a-nor am I hungry! I hope you are feeling 'normal' soon!
SusieCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:25 AM   #9  
Started IP 4/5/2012

S/C/G: 200/190.1/140

Height: 5'7.5

Hey Trixmix..... Im new and just started today, are you in any April groups yet? Looking to join one
cass2ander is offline   Reply With Quote