3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Community Weekday Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/302835-ip-community-weekday-chat.html)

lisa32989 03-09-2015 07:38 AM

IP Community Weekday Chat

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Here are a couple "older" .pdf files of many of Rainbow's recipes: Rainbowsmiles Recipes
and Rainbows IP Inspired Alternative Recipes

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.

rainbowsmiles 03-09-2015 07:40 AM

new sheet...no more leeks! egads!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7643/...f6e4623c_b.jpg

lisa32989 03-09-2015 07:43 AM

Rainbow
I don't see adage on that sheet. Am I missing it?

rainbowsmiles 03-09-2015 07:55 AM

adage?

lisa32989 03-09-2015 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 5140668)
adage?

You don't read typo? Oops sorry! A date

rainbowsmiles 03-09-2015 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 5140670)
You don't read typo? Oops sorry! A date

i dont see one either

larn37 03-09-2015 11:28 AM

Good morning everyone, I feel I am somewhat struggling to stay on track and be 100%. I keep sending myself positive thoughts and encouragement and telling myself - stay on track you've got this. I just dont feel I lost what I lost last week. Don't know if its because of the TOM and the time change. I will be 100% this week no doubt. Good luck to everyone.

ImASharkIPromise 03-09-2015 11:37 AM

Blame the pesky TOM and keep your spirits up!

Darn those TOMs...

momat40 03-09-2015 11:53 AM

I'll blame the time change for my blahhs this morning. We had guests that left this morning but I'm happy to report a loss. So happy that I didn't cheat while making them meals. Doing all the laundry and cleaning and feel pooped!!!

Tigridia 03-09-2015 12:58 PM

Interesting that the new sheet now permits 4 cups of "occasional" vegetables a week. I'm still working with my (2012 vintage) sheet, where tomatoes were almost literally the forbidden fruit.

the_magpie 03-09-2015 01:08 PM

I can't find the thread (apparently, I haven't absorbed my coffee yet, even though it's kind of late in the day), but people were talking at some length about exercise--cardio vs. strength-training--and it turns out IP has a video about it. (I was just about to share it, and then I realized it had an auth string, probably tied to my email. I love you all, but I love my anonymity, too. :D)

Here are the three articles they linked:
TLDR: Strength training is good, may build extra muscle, will definitely help you keep muscle, and will lead to a measurably higher basal metabolic rate (BMR) after the diet, which will make maintenance easier. There was also no indication given in the video that strength training would have an impact on IP (though I would still be inclined to have the extra raspberry jelly or blueberry pomegranate drink on the day I lifted). Cardio, on the other hand, is tricky: if you get too close to your maximum heart rate (as in, you are out of breath due to exercise), there's a chance your body will rob your muscles to get enough energy, and that will decrease your muscle mass and BMR over time.

If you haven't heard of BMR, that is how many calories it takes for your body to be alive--if you just stay in bed all day, how many calories your body burns, just breathing and staying warm.

I'm going to cross-post this to the science thread, too.

Type1lady 03-09-2015 01:22 PM

The owner of the gym where I get my IP from mentioned in a conversation I overheard that doing IP without a coach is dangerous? Does anyone know what she might be talking about? And they can apparently get in trouble for selling IP products to people not signed up with their coach? Any thoughts?

staceyjblack 03-09-2015 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Type1lady (Post 5140799)
The owner of the gym where I get my IP from mentioned in a conversation I overheard that doing IP without a coach is dangerous? Does anyone know what she might be talking about? And they can apparently get in trouble for selling IP products to people not signed up with their coach? Any thoughts?

I follow the protocol on my own using non IP products. One should not buy products packaged as IP from someone who is not a coach.

Not sure about it being dangerous sans coach, but with any diet or weightloss program you should be in touch with a medical professional.

lisa32989 03-09-2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Dangerous? Seriously?
Sounds like an attempt at marketing thru scare tactics. It's not like this is a truly "medically monitored" program anyway. Most coaches are lay people.

IP DOES limit sales to clinics and coaches aren't supposed to discount. Otherwise clinics wouldn't be able to compete with discounters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigridia (Post 5140786)
Interesting that the new sheet now permits 4 cups of "occasional" vegetables a week. I'm still working with my (2012 vintage) sheet, where tomatoes were almost literally the forbidden fruit.

Occasional veggies have always been limited to twice weekly. I think this is just further defining it: two 2-cup servings per week - or...I guess you could spread them out more but my coach asked them to be limited to twice weekly.

the_magpie 03-09-2015 01:38 PM

Quote:

It can be dangerous, because people can miss out on important aspects of the program, like getting enough vegetables, enough fats, the right vitamins, etc. If you have a solid understanding of nutrition and access to the latest PDFs that are passed out to the clinic--and maybe a forum like this where you can ask questions :)--it's probably not a big deal to go it alone.

I've seen people who do have coaches say some scary things, so I'm not sure just any coach is a guarantee against danger.

And, yeah, make sure your doctor is on board with what you're doing, especially if you're going to do this without a clinic that has its own doctor. (Both of my clinics HAVE had doctors, but I've never met them. Hmm. Though I do know they looked over my paperwork when I started, so that's something.)

Also, they are definitely not allowed to sell the IP stuff without doing the coaching and all that. You can get some of it on ebay, but honestly, if you're going coach-free, there are lots of good alternatives you can use. I like the WonderSlim stuff fairly well, and most of their aspartame-free line is IP-compliant. (Not the pasta entrees, though, wow.)